Author Topic: Polaris' 2005 Legacy GT Limited Sedan  (Read 20748 times)

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 Lexus IS350
Re: Polaris' 2005 Legacy GT Limited Sedan
« Reply #200 on: February 01, 2017, 07:26:52 am »
I'm not a DBW expert but I figure...
Bro, you're an electrician shouldn't you know these things?

Offline Polaris

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Couldn't become a real doctor
  • Ride: 2005 LGT
« Reply #201 on: February 01, 2017, 07:40:49 pm »
I'll for sure check the TPS next time the dang AP wants to connect properly.

So the battery is weak, but I just wasn't sure why it wouldn't be dead after leaving it for a few days. I haven't driven my car for a week almost before yesterday, so I would've almost expected it to be completely dead. Also, the car is moving and the alternator is charging the battery, would it suddenly cut out and cause me to stall? And after it stalls it starts back up fine right afterwards.

Offline Polaris

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #202 on: February 18, 2017, 12:05:14 pm »
Thanks to butterbear for ordering extra LEDs and giving them to me!

Took me almost an hour just to change the interior lights and the license plate lights, but only five of those minutes were the interior ones. The license plate lights were surprisingly a PITA to remove, the liner didn't want to pop off, there is the tiniest hole that was small even for my hands to fit through and twist the light out, the old bulb didn't want to come out, then the whole thing didn't want to go back in. Ah well it's done now. Also realized that there's no hole under my fusebox to pass the hardwire through sooo either will try to just deal with the wires as good as possible, or sell it and just use the dashcam with the bulky cigarette lighter plug and take it off each time I park.

Offline thedude

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2002 Toyota Tundra
« Reply #203 on: February 18, 2017, 01:59:04 pm »
Do the license plate lights not pop out like the WRX/STI ones where you just slide them to one side and pull down?

Either way, looks good man!
2008 Aprilia Shiver 750 - Sold 10/02/2017
2013 SWP Subaru WRX Hatchback - Sold 01/04/2022

thedude's 2013 WRX Build Thread

Offline diamondedge

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • stir fryin' noobs
  • Ride: 2007 WRX, 2008 spec.B
« Reply #204 on: February 18, 2017, 02:37:14 pm »
I ran my microphone wire near the top of the windshield under the headliner, down the A pillar, behind the dash, to my deck. How much length do you have to work with? (twss)

^Click^
sig by shpixx x diamondedge

Offline Polaris

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #205 on: February 18, 2017, 02:41:31 pm »
Do the license plate lights not pop out like the WRX/STI ones where you just slide them to one side and pull down?

Either way, looks good man!

Thanks! Unfortunately not, I thought I could pop out those two plastic coverings but it didn't really budge, and I read there was this way of taking off the two screws behind the plate but I didn't read about that until I finished the whole thing haha!

I ran my microphone wire near the top of the windshield under the headliner, down the A pillar, behind the dash, to my deck. How much length do you have to work with? (twss)

It's more that there's no way to run the hardwire wire into the fusebox like some cars have that area under the fuses you can just slide the Tap-A-Fuse through (see Spencer's hardwire video), mine's solid down there. So I'll have to either slam the fuse box cover door hard onto the wire, or drill a hole maybe into the fusebox door...which isn't that bad of an idea

Offline Polaris

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #206 on: March 11, 2017, 08:33:40 pm »
Installed the new battery today, dropped a socket somewhere into the engine bay and trying to poke it out and have it drop to the ground took much longer than I want to admit..Car is idling a bit rough after the battery change and at first start up there was a whoosh sound.

Offline Claw

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05LGT | [s]06S2k[/s]
« Reply #207 on: March 11, 2017, 09:50:00 pm »
Just the sound of soap residue getting sucked into the intercooler.. nothing to worry about.
They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #208 on: March 11, 2017, 11:14:45 pm »

Offline ultimatt

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Thrusting in the direction of the problem.
  • Ride: Thundercougarfalconbird
« Reply #209 on: March 11, 2017, 11:56:16 pm »
You yanked the battery so you'll probably have to do this.

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f113/how-idle-re-learn-after-battery-disconnect-154161/#/topics/154161

YES. I didn't know about this and last time I pulled battery on sister's car (auto) she had stalling issues the next day. The re-learn procedure fixed it.
<+  Hurrbie> becuase ultimasshole

Offline Polaris

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #210 on: March 12, 2017, 12:09:48 am »
Ah dang, always thought it would re-learn on its own after driving a bit. To re-learn everything do I have to disconnect the battery again and just follow those steps?

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #211 on: March 12, 2017, 12:55:42 am »
It will eventually relearn on its own but it can take a long time. You don't need to disconnect the battery again just follow the steps.

Offline ultimatt

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Thrusting in the direction of the problem.
  • Ride: Thundercougarfalconbird
« Reply #212 on: March 12, 2017, 01:09:21 am »
We shortened some of the 'waiting' intervals as it was cold and we were bored, but pretty much followed the same steps. It's been fine since.
<+  Hurrbie> becuase ultimasshole

Offline the_saint

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2004 STi
« Reply #213 on: March 12, 2017, 11:50:41 am »
Installed the new battery today, dropped a socket somewhere into the engine bay and trying to poke it out and have it drop to the ground took much longer than I want to admit..The dropping RPMs thing still happened though, was at some lights and as I was letting off the gas to come to a stop, the RPMs dropped to below half-way, I gave it a tiny bit of gas and it resolved, then tried to stall again and this time I just went on the brakes, the RPMs bounced back up and then it idled fine. Things I still have to eliminate as the cause is a transmission flush, front O2 sensors, or something more malicious related to the transmission, maybe torque converter or something. Or just ignore it and not give a crap since it's fine and I expect it on every drive anyways.

After I put in the battery and started the car up, this "woosh" sound was heard right at the beginning. I don't think it's anything significant, since I stopped for groceries and when starting up the car again later on the sound wasn't heard, so maybe something related to taking the battery off and whatnot? At 0:07 in this video:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3QEmQb2Jb1QaWVudmtONS1lV00

Had the same issue.  Had a small tear in the turbo inlet 'hose'.
Sounds like a vacuum leak if the 'idle relearn' doesn't work.

Offline ButterBear

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: TP Stage 2 2008 Impreza WRX Sedan
« Reply #214 on: March 12, 2017, 01:58:48 pm »
Right, I have mentioned possible vacuum leak to Polaris before, and fortunately the cold temperature aids in finding vacuum leaks, just pop the hood and look for smoke  ;D

Offline RedBimmer93

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2008 Legacy Spec B, and Two Mopar gas guzzlers
« Reply #215 on: March 12, 2017, 04:16:03 pm »
That sound in the video sounds like the starter not fully disengaging. I'm assuming it only happens when the engine is cold? I'm having a similar issue in my car. Only 130k on mine :/

Also if your O2 sensor is giving you issues, your car would throw a CEL

Offline Polaris

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #216 on: March 12, 2017, 04:24:31 pm »
Will look for vacuum leaks again, did so last time as well but from my lack of skill I might've done a crappy job.

EDIT: The starter sound thing doesn't happen anymore, only happened that one time right after the battery was installed.

Also, the car hasn't stalled out ever since putting in the new battery, might have solved the issue once and for all!!!  8) 8)

Offline Polaris

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #217 on: May 03, 2017, 05:47:35 pm »
Lovely day out for an oil change, wheel swap back to my Enkeis and all-seasons, and attempt to do the oil cooler o-ring with butterbear! For the oil cooler gasket, we thought it's be as straightforward as this video:

Unfortunately it turned out to be quite a bit more complex, so it'll have to wait for now. We also installed the ez oil drain valve, nice and shiny, and it's so convenient.

Also, Cobb DP? I saw that I had a Cobb heatshield in the past but didn't think about it, and it wasn't in the records. Should I be running a Stage 2 map instead of Stage 1 then?

Offline ButterBear

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: TP Stage 2 2008 Impreza WRX Sedan
« Reply #218 on: May 03, 2017, 09:03:29 pm »
Omg I totally forgot about the step at 2:30 so I don't have to drain the coolant -_- but yes we didn't proceed with the oil cooler seal because first of all I don't have bent pliers to access the hose clamps (angled upwards) and while there was some oil on the oil filter itself, it maintained healthy oil level and not a concern in my opinion. Definitely something to tackle the next time!

First thing I say when im under Polaris' car is bro that's an aftermarket downpipe... the stock one is ugly with rust and the heatshields.. another dead giveaway was the girth ;) of the bellmouth and the O2 bung at the top. Sure enough, the COBB name embossed at the top confirmed my guess that it is a cobb downpipe, and so we flashed stage II ots map (car has been running stage I which is incorrect!)

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #219 on: May 04, 2017, 12:58:08 am »
All 05 LGT's came with COBB DP from factory.
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline Polaris

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #220 on: July 09, 2017, 06:48:52 pm »
[/url]

Offline Polaris

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #221 on: August 03, 2017, 03:12:21 pm »
Car's sold to a very nice WSC member (forgot their username), will miss it but in the meantime a month in Hong Kong/Taiwan, and then on the slow hunt for a Civic or something since I can train or carpool to school all of next year! I miss it for sure but am looking forward to what happens with it, and I suspect a build thread will be up soon! Although I barely show up to meets, hopefully I am still allowed to come to Tim's or something in the future!