Author Topic: Kijho's 2016 Crystal White Pearl WRX ~ The End  (Read 183442 times)

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
  • Ride: 2020 Tacoma TRD | i used to have a cool wrx
Re: Kijho's 2016 Crystal White Pearl WRX
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2015, 10:32:17 am »
I see potential for motivational quotes scrolling across that screen there, maybe an updated drink specials list for nearby bars, maybe a news/stock ticker scrolling there...

Tell me that wouldn't be awesome.

Super futuristic... but 660 News traffic text-updates scrolling across would be ridiculously awesome.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2015, 10:39:53 am »
I see potential for motivational quotes scrolling across that screen there, maybe an updated drink specials list for nearby bars, maybe a news/stock ticker scrolling there...

Tell me that wouldn't be awesome.

Distracting? Sure. Awesome? No.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline Rexy11

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2011 WRX DGM Hatch... w/ stickers!
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2015, 10:46:43 am »
Distracting? Sure. Awesome? No.

Tell that to the lady doing her hair and makeup, shoe shopping on her phone, and eating breakfast simultaneously on the way to work.

I'm sure she'd love to throw reading her favorite Nicholas Sparks novel into that mix, while driving at 85 km/h in the left lane of the Deerfoot.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2015, 11:08:58 am »
Not sure why she's driving Spencer's car, but if I see her, I'll let her know.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline Rexy11

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2015, 11:38:47 am »
Anyways, awesome car Spencer! I start a new job in Quarry park in the new year, so I hope to see it around. I already know three guys at the new place that have GRs, too  8)

Offline Rad_Racer

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2013 Lexus IS-F
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2015, 02:16:29 pm »
If it's like the STi, half of that blank space fills up when you're using cruise. On mine, the left half always shows C.Diff info and then the right side is blank unless I have cruise on. The lack of symmetry annoys me haha

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2015, 05:35:18 pm »
Haven't washed the car since I took possession because I think you need to wait a week or two to let the 3M kinda settle before doing any pressure washing at the bays. Even then however I know you still need to be very carefully around the edges of the 3M.  Anyways, was cruisin yesterday and bunch of geese flew over my car and I'm not kidding (I should have taken a pic) my car got targeted by the birds and there was such a huge bird itshay on the front headlight that it literally reduced visibility...  So I figured that was a good time to wash the car hahaha.   Bird poo is good luck they say if it lands on you so.. now my car has been blessed?

Need some yellow fogs...

Untitled by kijho66, on Flickr

Got a white WSC plate frame from Jory during the pizza meet this past week, thanks again :)

Untitled by kijho66, on Flickr

Also dropped my car off earlier this week for a custom audio installation over at AutoTemp. Will write more of a review on them over in the reviews section soon. They did a custom mounting bracket for the 700watt Hertz amp beneath the passenger seat and a 10" Hertz subwoofer in a slanted box in the trunk. Super clean install, I'm very pleased with the results. The audio quality has dramatically increased, all of the low Hz' are now being directed to the subwoofer (rather than being distorted through the door speakers) and it sounds very good and has a lot more bass. Have to run the HU now on a custom EQ setting though to make it not too overpowering/ rattling.  Will post some pics of that later!

Offline RedBimmer93

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2008 Legacy Spec B, and Two Mopar gas guzzlers

Offline k_habashi

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2006 STi
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2015, 11:58:18 am »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-15-Impreza-WRX-STi-Yellow-Fog-light-Overlays-Tint-Vinyl-film-JDM-PRECUT-KIT-/161370023701

05LGT had these on his BRZ. They looked pretty decent.

http://www.lamin-x.com/Subaru-WRX-STI-15-Fog-Light-Cover-p/s129.htm
I trust these over eBay. Ive had the yellow overlays on both my Subarus and they are really good. Also you can use the discount code '10OFF' they gave me last time i bought stuff from them. Its 10% next purchase

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2015, 04:07:18 pm »
A few random update pics...

Dropped my car off at AutoTemp, Kanji sent me some update pics  8)

Untitled by Spencer, on Flickr

Took good care of the car, seat covers.. fancy..

They did some sort of custom mounting bracket beneath the passenger seat. Very clean install work..

I believe it's a 300watt sub powered by a 700watt amp. Sounds amazing, louder but much cleaner with less bass distortion from lower Hz's coming through the door speakers..

IMG_0109 by Spencer, on Flickr

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2015, 04:09:18 pm »
Hardwired the OjoCam Pro 2 and made a how-to install/ hardwire video, will share soon..

IMG_0126 by Spencer, on Flickr

Brought all my detailing supplies inside, because now it's  dropping below freezing overnight!

and finally opened my UPS package from SubiSpeed. The Laffytaffy was a nice touch ;D

Offline k_habashi

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2006 STi
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2015, 05:00:42 pm »
Oh.. You just reminded me. I should bring in my detailing stuff! Would love to see the how-to on the dash cam.

Offline Heru Farukon

• Stubbly Faced
  • HELLA POKE MOSES
  • Ride: MOARLOW BEEARRZEE
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2015, 05:37:46 pm »
Hey Spencer.
Good to hear that you like the setup.

Remember there is always more to do a full audio build in the car lol

You know how to get at me
illest John 3:16
For God so loved the ride, that he gave his only begotten Suspension, that whosoever scrapeth with it should not suffer wheel gap, but have everlasting stance.

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 Lexus IS350
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2015, 08:57:17 am »
I see you also picked up one of those husky bags, they work pretty great for car detailing supplies for the price.

You know how to get at me
All one has to do is scrape their frame rails on a speed bump to summon stance jesus.

Offline Heru Farukon

• Stubbly Faced
  • HELLA POKE MOSES
  • Ride: MOARLOW BEEARRZEE
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2015, 09:08:28 am »
All one has to do is scrape their frame rails on a speed bump to summon stance jesus.

>:D >:D
illest John 3:16
For God so loved the ride, that he gave his only begotten Suspension, that whosoever scrapeth with it should not suffer wheel gap, but have everlasting stance.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2015, 09:48:30 am »
I see you also picked up one of those husky bags, they work pretty great for car detailing supplies for the price.

Oh yes dude saw that in your thread.. was @ Home Depot on the weekend and saw it on sale $19 so I couldn't resist to hold all the bottles in the garage self to bring indoors before winter. It's pretty damn awesome!

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2015, 08:00:32 pm »

IMG_0186 by Spencer, on Flickr

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2015, 07:57:26 am »
The little details count!! ...

Precise placement using some super fancy tools...

Set! Looks awesome. Now to do the exterior ones.. a little trickier because it's so cold out now..

Left a work meeting yesterday morning and came out to find this beautiful 2016 Outback w/ STI wheels and STI plate frame parked beside me. I actually really liked it..

Offline Rexy11

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2015, 08:35:20 am »
Looks good! I found that using a pair of tweezers really helps set the inlays on the fenders, if you start having some trouble with them.

Offline SiliconX

• Stubbly Faced
  • Flat4
  • Ride: 2013 SWP STI Sedan
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2015, 02:46:01 pm »
Ordered some Rally Armor's (black/ red), tail-light overlays, side emblem vinyls, and a few interior vinyls from SubiSpeed on October 16th (around 7am).

I read a few concerns on reddit with them and peoples credit card info being stolen/ leaked and resulting in thousands of dollars of charges from some warehousing distributor in Texas. I just used my PayPal account (which probably isn't any safer anyways).

I'm very impressed with one thing: There were 3 shipping options at checkout. 1-UPS: $30   2-FedEx: $100   3-FedEx Air: $138.

I decided to go with the dreadful UPS Option 1. I was initially frustrated because the next day I received a call from UPS asking me to provide customs/ duties paperwork etc from my own customs broker. Explained I didn't have my own, and asked them to bring it over on COD and I would pay the quoted (they provided) $38 at the door - no problem. I immediately felt like things were going to take a very long time from here... Iv'e heard lots of horror stories from UPS.

Well.. thanks UPS! My package is scheduled to arrive tomorrow!! Wow, I thought the $30 option would take 2+ weeks LOL....  I think I somehow just got lucky perhaps..

I love shooting pics of this car.....

IMG_0085a by Spencer, on Flickr

Running your deliveries from UPS through Customs is super easy and you should familiarize yourself with doing it because if you plan to order stuff from the US, more often than not it will be UPS. RSD uses UPS and next day service is available for barely more than the regular options, but obviously the brokerage charges kill you.

Once you get the email from the vendor that your order has shipped as well as the tracking number, call UPS at 1-800-PICKUPS and pick option 3 (it's the brokerage/customs stuff). Give them the tracking number and tell them you want to run it through customs yourself, and also tell them you want them to hold it at the warehouse and not deliver it. They will email you the customs forms (usually within 15 minutes), just print them off along with a copy of the email invoice you got from the vendor and take it to Customs Port of Entry (It's right behind Speeders).

There's never anyone there so you'll pretty much get called up immediately. Present all the paperwork (you don't have to fill out anything), they'll ask you the usual questions like is it for personal use or for sale. They stamp your paperwork, you pay the duties and then drive literally a few blocks down the street to UPS, hand them the paperwork and they give you your package (with no extra costs owing).

I did this just last week with a Cobb Turboback and Grimmspeed heatshield. I got it from RSD the next day and paid $100 in duties. The brokerage fees on that would've been murder.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2015, 09:29:02 am »
Spent yesterday afternoon installing my Rally Armors and swapping over to my winter wheel setup!

The RA's were easy to install.. however I didn't have the small tools to use for the rear wheels (you need a phillips head for the 15+ RA's) so I opted to just remove the wheels. With them being off, I figured why not just swap over to the winters!!  Damn perfect timing!!!  I'd be so much more stressed about driving home after the snowfall this morning if I was still on my summers.

Got this new 3-ton Husky jack a few weeks ago on sale for $90 from Home Depot. What a difference a good jack makes.. I used to have a cheap cheap $50 2 ton jack and the wheels didn't even really move/ roll..

Swapped over to the 18x8.5 stock 2013 STI Enkei's with Nokian Hakka R2's...

Correcting the tire pressures. Everyone should remember to do this (at-least check every few weeks!)  I absolutely love how these Enkei's look stock on the car! Damn!

Perfect timing....

Offline 10secdream

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • ReflectiveAutoDetailing
  • Ride: 2022 Toyota GR86, 2007 Lexus GX470
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2015, 09:31:50 am »
Any wheel looks better than stock. Those winters look great.  8)
2003 Mazda Miata
2015 WRX Build
2004 Forester XT Build

“When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer.”

Offline YvanF

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Credit to GrantC for profile pic
  • Ride: 2004 WRX Wagon - ej207 v7 swap, 1993 Honda Civic Si
« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2015, 09:46:04 am »
^^^^ YES!!!

Enkei's look great!!

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2015, 11:47:17 am »
I really like XXR 521 Wheels..  I think they're a replica style though? They're very nice looking. I think they have a fitment for Subaru, seen a few on Nasioc.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2015, 12:53:15 pm »
Looks like BBS LM replica to me. Could be wrong.