Author Topic: Wheel speed sensor problem?  (Read 1207 times)

Offline cr5

• Stubbly Faced
Wheel speed sensor problem?
« on: October 12, 2015, 04:05:53 pm »
So my 04 WRX started out by giving an ABS light when I made a left hand turn and hit a bump mid corner. Then after a while it started doing it just from hitting a large bump. Now the ABS light comes on almost immediately after touching the brakes when I start out after start-up and stays on the duration of my drive. Before the light comes on it feels like the ABS is actuating even though I'm on dry pavement and the wheels are definitely not locking to trigger it.
When the light is on the ABS is disabled. I had the car scanned at Lexus Edmonton and the tech (my brother) says that it's spitting out a right rear wheel speed sensor and a G-force sensor code. He figures it needs a new wheel speed sensor and that the G-force sensor is part of the loop and is being triggered by the wheel speed sensor.

Has anyone else experienced this? I would simply replace the wheel speed sensor and see if that's all it needs but since Subaru wants $300 for the sensor I wanted to make sure I'm buying the right part. I'm just confused by the G-force sensor code since my car doesn't have traction or stability control, I'm wondering why it would have that sensor at all.

I'd like to get her fixed up before the snow flies but don't want to waste a bunch of money buying parts it doesn't need.

Thanks in advance for any info you guys can give.
By the power vested in me as God of my world