Author Topic: 2006 STI squeaky clutch  (Read 1322 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline tomasf

  • Stubbly Faced
  • *
  • Posts: 18
  • Location: Calgary
  • Ride: 2006 wrx STI
2006 STI squeaky clutch
« on: October 20, 2015, 10:47:39 PM »
I get a squeak whenever I depress the clutch while the engine is running. Does anyone know what that could mean? I did put a new tranny in it last year but e clutch has about 155K on it.

Thanks for the help.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • ****
  • Posts: 18667
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Location: Calgary
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
Re: 2006 STI squeaky clutch
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 06:56:09 AM »
Does anyone know what that could mean?

Nothing. Welcome to owning a subaru.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline Stehle

  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • ****
  • Posts: 1140
  • Location: Calgary, AB
  • Ride: 13 Abarth, 07 FX4
Re: 2006 STI squeaky clutch
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 08:33:16 AM »
More specific? If you're saying the actual pedal itself squeaks, then what LDS said...

Does it squeak when you lightly touch it, squeak when its fully depressed? Squeak at the friction point?

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • ****
  • Posts: 18667
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Location: Calgary
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
Re: 2006 STI squeaky clutch
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 08:40:43 AM »
I had a squeak from the engine bay. I think it was related to the spring, or the slave cylinder. Either way, as long as the clutch still works, there's nothing to worry about.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline Claw

  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • ****
  • Posts: 4412
  • Location: Edmonton
  • Ride: 05LGT | 06S2k
Re: 2006 STI squeaky clutch
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 12:58:03 PM »
Solution, crank the volume knob on the stereo.  This works for me.
They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Offline tomasf

  • Stubbly Faced
  • *
  • Posts: 18
  • Location: Calgary
  • Ride: 2006 wrx STI
Re: 2006 STI squeaky clutch
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 01:01:28 PM »
The squeak comes from the engine bay on the passenger side. Its not the pedal. I changed the transmission fluid recently too.
I was worried it might have something to do with a bearing of some sort or clutch wearing down.
I will keep an eye on it.


Thanks for the help guys.

Offline RockThePylon

  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • ****
  • Posts: 3362
  • Ghetto apostle
  • Location: Manmore, AB
  • Ride: '03 WRX ricekar
Re: 2006 STI squeaky clutch
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 01:56:46 PM »
Leave your oil fill cap off and go for a drive. The oil mist will lubricate everything in your engine bay!
I may scream like a dainty lady, but I punch like a fairly strong 11-year-old.

Offline Cbxj

  • beards comin in nice
  • ***
  • Posts: 569
  • Location: Calgary (near)
  • Ride: assorted Subarus with scoops, & a tiller, the 2 wheeled kind
Re: 2006 STI squeaky clutch
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 04:53:19 AM »
Leave your oil fill cap off and go for a drive. The oil mist will lubricate everything in your engine bay!
my car only has a 710 cap does it work the same way?
Serously tbough, i agree with the above, unless its shuddering/grinding/whining/grabbing or otherwise being non nice 99% chance all is fine and the other 1% ....well itz a subaru  ?

Offline RockThePylon

  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • ****
  • Posts: 3362
  • Ghetto apostle
  • Location: Manmore, AB
  • Ride: '03 WRX ricekar
Re: 2006 STI squeaky clutch
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 05:30:59 AM »
So, it doesn't squeak at all when the engine is off?
I may scream like a dainty lady, but I punch like a fairly strong 11-year-old.

Offline tcon

  • Stubbly Faced
  • *
  • Posts: 76
  • Location: Airdrie, AB
  • Ride: Denali, Rivale
Re: 2006 STI squeaky clutch
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 08:39:10 AM »
The clutch pedal in my wrx has been squeaking on and off for the past few years, I don't really pay much attention to it.