Author Topic: GTB vs GTB E-Tune  (Read 1635 times)

Offline J.smith20

• Baby Faced
GTB vs GTB E-Tune
« on: October 19, 2015, 04:58:44 pm »
Hi, I'm looking into buying a 1998-2000 GTB (maybe E-Tune) and I was wondering if anyone had some solid info on the differences between the regular GTB and the E-Tune? I've seen that the E-tune has some body differences (which look very nice!!) and read that it stands for Economy Tune? Is it true they come with different turbo's and different gear ratios? I've also read that it depends on the year of the car for what changes they made. Lots of the forums I've been looking at have different answers :-\ so i would just like some clarification! Please help!!
Thanks! :)

Offline jsdub1

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: '00 Legacy GTB
Re: GTB vs GTB E-Tune
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 10:15:57 am »
I've got an e-tune, I am not sure about the turbos and all that but there were factory body kits available that look quite nice. I believe there were some interior differences as well, but I am not sure.

The difference I know about is the final drive ratio is 4.11 vs 4.44 for the e-tune, also the compression ratio. Less peppy, but good for the highway and booting around.

http://www.uklegacy.com/forums/index.php/topic/120558-bebh-b4gtb-rev-a-d-whats-the-difference/

uklegacy and clubsub.org.nz seem to be pretty accurate.

If I were you, I would wait until the Revision D cars are eligible for import. They seem to be much improved over versions A-C and tuning them is much easier / less risky.