Author Topic: Trevoroni's '90 Justy : Zero uckfays Given  (Read 5542 times)

DaDuke99

Re: Trevoroni's '90 Justy : Zero uckfays Given
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2017, 06:38:11 pm »
This is really putting some more appreciation into what I got for the same price!  And sure am appreciative of 4 doors instead of two, I don't imagine climbing in the back to be any level of 'fun'.

Not sure what this push button and light do. Fake security system?

These baffle me too. The farmer that had mine threw a push button start in the right side one, but the left is just a blank. Yours look aftermarket too..
There's a few blanks around the car that baffle me, time to do some more research!

Offline thedude

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2002 Toyota Tundra
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2017, 07:39:18 pm »
^ I had a light that looked like that in my old Mazda, it was a "security system". Thing is, besides lighting up when activated it didn't really serve any purpose other than draining my battery (activated or not).
2008 Aprilia Shiver 750 - Sold 10/02/2017
2013 SWP Subaru WRX Hatchback - Sold 01/04/2022

thedude's 2013 WRX Build Thread

Online trevoroni

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: Justy | Outback 3.0R | Crosstrek | STI
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2017, 08:30:53 pm »
I think it must have been one of those fake alarm systems at one point. It's not connected to anything any more though. Would make sense since it was apparently reported stolen back in its earlier days according to carproof when they had one of their free report days.

Aside from the rust it still runs well though.

You don't see many around in as nice of shape as yours anymore.

Offline RedndWhite

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Classing up the Joint since 2018
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2017, 09:12:06 pm »
DaDuke and I were working on his Justy, and on the shifter bezel, where the boot is all secured to, there is a button or something on the trim in the top left corner.

(If I were smrt, I'd have a picture).

Was wondering if this was on your Justy as well.
Photos and Stuff

Al-Tessa;
Beat'm'up
Life is too short to be stock and drive boring cars.

Online trevoroni

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2017, 09:18:14 pm »
I don't think so, I'll check tomorrow to be sure.
Might be different being a manual though. I think the rubber accordion boot around my shifter goes right to the carpet.

DaDuke99

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2017, 01:28:56 am »
I figured it out, it's to release the shifter if the car is off, so you can still switch gears.  ;D

Online trevoroni

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2017, 09:12:28 pm »
With all the warm weather we've been having I decided to try and get the drivers side window so that it would roll down... and back up again.
The problem was that when the previous owner backed into the side of the garage with the door open it bent the window frame so that it would bind in the track.

A little bit of muscle, a large clamp and some help with a convinciner and it's good enough!

IMG_20170730_144920 by Trevoroni, on Flickr

It's a 5 star safety rating when you can bend the window frame permanently with your bare hands right? If I ever get in an accident I won't need the jaws of life, I can just bust my way out like a paper machete pinata!

IMG_20170809_185352 by Trevoroni, on Flickr

I can cruise in style with the window finally!

I also attempted to put the cargo basket on the roof. Who needs a truck anyways?

The first attempt was to bolt it directly to the already installed T-tracks. The basket was too narrow though and I would have had to use the inside 2 tracks in which the roof wasn't sturdy enough and would flex and buckle with my own brute strength. I did go for a rip down the highway and all was well but there was no way it would support more than 20 pounds before the roof would bend. 5 star safety!

IMG_20170809_184148 by Trevoroni, on Flickr

IMG_20170809_184158 by Trevoroni, on Flickr

IMG_20170809_184209 by Trevoroni, on Flickr

IMG_20170809_184238 by Trevoroni, on Flickr

Attempt number 2 was to use the Yakima crossbars and Q-clips from the STi. It is much more sturdy, I'd say just as good as on the STi. I can violently rock the car in every direction and nothing budges at all.

IMG_20170809_192554 by Trevoroni, on Flickr

IMG_20170809_192607 by Trevoroni, on Flickr

IMG_20170809_192615 by Trevoroni, on Flickr

It doesn't look nearly as good as mounted directly to the T-tracks and there is more wind noise but this car is about way more than it's charming good looks...

Does anybody have any inside experience on the Yakima roof racks and Q-clips vs the Rain Gutter mount feet?
If I go through the Yakima fit my car it says to use the 1A rain gutter towers. The STi used the Q-Towers with Q78 Clips.
The Q78 clips go under the rain gutters and get over the rubber trim and are under the metal lip just like the rain gutter mount would do.
Like I said earlier there is no movement in any direction when I shake the rack so I'm fairly certain it'll be fine unless there is something I am missing in rack design.
I'd rather not spend over half of what the car is worth for 4 new crossbar mounts.

IMG_20170809_192703 by Trevoroni, on Flickr

Offline seat safety switch

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Snowmen with fezzes are ardent rally fans.
    • seat safety switch
  • Ride: Junk
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2017, 09:14:22 pm »
My old '03 had huge dents in the roof from the previous owners trying to tighten the Q-clips until it dimpled the metal. Make sure to watch out for that; I never tried installing them myself so I have no idea how they managed to do so.

Online trevoroni

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2017, 09:24:23 pm »
I don't think that'll be an issue since it's on the strong part of the roof.
It was worse on the middle T-tracks and is theoretically better than on the outside set of tracks as well.
I'm more worried about the Q-clips somehow slipping off the outside of the rain gutter but I can't see how that would happen.
I'm guessing that the Q-clip system wasn't around when the Justy was made so it suggests the original rain gutter mount.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2017, 06:50:51 am »
I want that rack for my mini, looks awesome.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Online trevoroni

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2017, 07:39:29 am »
It's really handy for camping with the canoe, all the gear can go in it and then the canoe can go on top and cover it all up...
I don't think I'll be putting the canoe on the Justy though. Maybe once just for the looks.

It's a cheap Rola cargo basket that I got from Sears back in the day.

Online trevoroni

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2018, 04:07:20 pm »
There was a few weeks when I hadn't driven 0FG in late September when I guess it looked like a good place to spend the winter to the squirrel that has been living in our trees.

I went to check the oil before driving it and when I popped the hood I was greeted by the entire upper half of the engine bay and strut towers covered in pine cones.

I forgot to take a picture since it was early in the morning, dark and I was going to be late for work.
But here's some picture proof since he packed it in so good that he even filled the fender holes.

Damn squirrels!
IMG_20180908_150143 by Trevoroni, on Flickr

Apparently I need to drive this more...
Cleaned out the pine cones and it started right up after sitting for 6+ months went for a drive around the block and everything seemed as good as usual.

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 Lexus IS350
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2018, 11:46:03 pm »
You should probably put a trigger warning for Asstuna

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2018, 12:59:03 am »
You should probably put a trigger warning for Asstuna

Nah, give him a rifle.  It'll be like the Mariana Turkey Shoot.
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube