Author Topic: Blown 04 Fxt Options/Questions  (Read 4086 times)

Offline Speed Stick

• WSC Supporter
  • Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: SG5, JZX100
Re: Blown 04 Fxt Options/Questions
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2016, 03:29:20 pm »
Yeah those JDM Forester engines are expensive! There was a place in Ottawa I contacted and they wanted just shy of $6k for the engine delivered alone!  The JDM motors don't work as easily into USDM vehicles from what i've read on the internet about it.   The Forester sti ej25 might be an exception.

And for the record the engine I bought was a EJ255 out of a 07 WRX and has 91,xxxkm on it. Was $2300. They delivered it for free into Halifax since they were only located an hour outside the city. 

The shop called me this morning and said the vehicle was going to be completed today but I didn't get a call. They had to order a clutch kit in though which might have caused the delay depending on how long the local delivery from the parts store took. I'll give you an update tomorrow.
1993 GC8 WRX(SOLD)
2004 5spd FXT
1997 5Spd JZX100 Chaser

Offline Speed Stick

• WSC Supporter
  • Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2016, 10:37:07 am »
They finished my Forester yesterday and picked it up today.

Runs great. They had to use my intake manifold and weld the spot where the air pump would have connected. The motor only came with the intake manifold so reused my turbo, uppipe, headers and whatever else.  So not much difference from the 07 EJ255 to make it work.
1993 GC8 WRX(SOLD)
2004 5spd FXT
1997 5Spd JZX100 Chaser

Offline SnowBreeze

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: Altezza
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2016, 12:10:07 pm »
They finished my Forester yesterday and picked it up today.

Runs great. They had to use my intake manifold and weld the spot where the air pump would have connected. The motor only came with the intake manifold so reused my turbo, uppipe, headers and whatever else.  So not much difference from the 07 EJ255 to make it work.
That's good to hear. Do you have a picture of the spot you're talking about? I'm not sure what it is lol. Is it where you would usually use blockoff plates to get rid of the secondary airpump?

Offline Speed Stick

• WSC Supporter
  • Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2016, 01:50:45 pm »
That's good to hear. Do you have a picture of the spot you're talking about? I'm not sure what it is lol. Is it where you would usually use blockoff plates to get rid of the secondary airpump?

Your correct. Subaru sells those plates for $6 a piece also.
1993 GC8 WRX(SOLD)
2004 5spd FXT
1997 5Spd JZX100 Chaser