Author Topic: Waste of time  (Read 4732 times)

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
Waste of time
« on: November 13, 2017, 05:29:37 pm »
I needed some clips.  Called in advanced to see if they're in stock.  They were.  Asked if they could set them aside and someone (Rad_Racer) would pick them up on his way up to grab something from my house.  No problem. 

Rad_Racer arrives.  They can't find it.  Rad_Racer tries calling me, but I miss the call because I'm wiping my kid's butt. 

I get the message from Rad_Racer.  I call SoC.  They say, it's right here, waiting for him but he's already left because naturally, he doesn't have time for this crap either. 

What a waste of EVERYONE's time. 
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 Lexus IS350
Re: Waste of time
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 09:15:49 pm »
Subaru Calgary, the kijiji of dealerships.

Offline milkpumba

• Patchy Faced
  • Hakuna matata
  • Ride: 2017 ISM WRX
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 09:26:39 pm »
I have a buddy that came in for an appointment for a warranty claim on his battery. You would think it would just be a simple 5 minute thing to test the battery, but he waited a good 3 hours and nothing happened. He ended up just leaving.
I occasionally stream games on Twitch

Offline lakelouise02bugeye

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • vroom vroom
  • Ride: 20 civic si
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 11:27:54 pm »
Subaru Calgary, the kijiji of dealerships.
Farewell :(  Your exhaust was inspirational.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 10:46:28 am »
I'm a pretty chill guy.  But I get pissed off if someone wastes my time.  I get ultra pissed if I wasted someone else's time. 

eg. when I'm having a conversation with a guy on hangouts, they want to get into my place to grab something but I'm not home.  But I offer to give my code to my house, but then leave the conversation and not return, and don't give them the code to my house.  And not return to the conversation for a day.  Thus, ruining the guy's plan for the whole week.  Sorry Dan, I still feel really bad about that one. 

Offline Asstuna

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Danger zone
  • Ride: 19 Fiesta ST, 17 Ram
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 10:39:23 pm »
My biggest pet peeve is people who waste my time. I'm here for a limited time and I need to make teh maximum impact. The brightest candle burns for the shortest time.

Offline Perfect Dark

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Wagoon!
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 11:53:27 pm »
My biggest pet peeve is people who waste my time. I'm here for a limited time and I need to make teh maximum impact. The brightest candle burns for the shortest time.

I don't know man, at your age it's probably getting increasingly difficult to get your wick lit.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 12:26:48 am »
I'm here for a limited time and I need to make teh maximum impact.

When you need to make teh Maximum Impact.  (Torch light is even on for effect)

Offline seat safety switch

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Snowmen with fezzes are ardent rally fans.
    • seat safety switch
  • Ride: Junk
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 11:05:13 am »
Last time I tried to order something from Subaru Calgary, they didn't answer email, their online forms or even pick up any phone calls to the service desk.

I just order from Centaur now. The drive is only slightly longer.

Offline drewfuspx

• Patchy Faced
  • "Is it supposed to sound like that?"
  • Ride: 2010 Legacy 3.6R Ltd w/ M
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 05:04:14 pm »
Just for clarity... I'm still the moderator here and I haven't worked for the dealer for over a year haha. I'm waiting for someone from the dealership to contact me to take it over, but at this point no dice. In other news since I've left there there are only about 6 people I worked with left...

What I will say is try to deal with Tito in parts, he's good people.
I broke it.  Just like how I'm going to break you

a piece of bread for dinner.  Want to come over? 

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 Lexus IS350
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 05:59:14 pm »
Shame Imi isn't there anymore in parts.

Which reminds me, I had emailed their parts department with some part numbers to get prices a couple months ago. Their sales department replied for some stupid reason with multiple emails thinking the part numbers were inventory numbers for their cars, apparently the sales guy had no idea what part numbers looked like. I ended up calling to get the prices instead, and then I emailed Centaur who had 10-15% cheaper part prices across the board without using a club discount or anything which leads me to believe one of the two is either marking down or marking up their parts by a flat percentage rate or perhaps a combination of both; either way Subaru Calgary wasn't the competitive one.

Offline nitram

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2008 STi
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2017, 10:09:17 am »
Originally, even after a mechanic had forgotten to put the sleeve bearing back on my shifter linkage when replacing my clutch (http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=55115.0), i read this thread thinking their parts department has actually been not bad to me.  Well that was until last friday when i wanted to buy 4 oil filters and 4 drain plug gaskets.

I walked in at around 5:30, reception was great and called for a parts advisor right away.  5 min went by, no one.  She noticed and called a few more times.  Finally someone shows up maybe another 5 min later and i tell him what i want, 4 oil filters and 4 drain plug gaskets for a 2008 STi.  So i'm waiting again, for maybe another 5 min which you would think is 4 min too long to go find 4 filters and gaskets which they should be familiar with but i stayed patient.  Finally i get it and it's all wrapped up with masking tape, being told they didn't have any bags.  Okay whatever.  Paid for it, went into the car and unwrapped the mess.

This is when i noticed there were 4 drain plug gaskets and another 4 gaskets i had no idea what it was for.  Checked the invoice and was billed $6.xx for them.  So i go back in and try to talk to the parts advisor again.  Well, reception calls, no answer, she walks around the shop for me and parts area to look for him.  Finally maybe another 4-5min later he is found.  So i asked him "these four are the drain plug gaskets, what are these other 4 for?".  His response?  "well the drain plug gaskets are one of those two, so i gave you both".  :facepalm:  So i told him which one i wanted, and got him to run a refund for me on the other.  At the end of it all, i think i spent about 30min at the dealership to buy 4 filters and gaskets.

Looked up the part number (803916010) of the other gaskets he gave me, it's an oil drain plug gasket for an automatic transmission for newer cars. As well, i'm pretty sure i should've have been charged a shop fee for oil filter/gaskets ($1.74).

Also i don't even bother with their online inquiry, i never get a response.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2017, 02:23:18 pm »
Do you know who dealt with you?  There are two guys in the parts department who I think are trustworthy: Tito and the white guy with lambchops sideburns.  And then there's an older guy who's more on the incompetent side of things. 

To add to my story, and this is where you did it right, I didn't check my parts until I got home.  He got me the wrong clips. 

When I returned to the shop, I told them I got the wrong clips.  It was lambchops who helped me out, and he got me the right clips, which were more expensive, but discounted them so I need to pay the difference. 

So, lambchops redeemed the shop IMO.  I wish I knew their names so I could properly give credit and discredit where it's due. 

However, I find that calling, reception will always put me on hold, and then tell me they'll try again, and then parts will pick up.  Why not just pick up the first time?  I mean, perhaps they're legitimately busy with something, but it's such a predictable pattern that I think it's something otherwise. 

Offline nitram

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2008 STi
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2017, 04:52:38 pm »
It was the older guy that i've never dealt with before.  Reception confirmed he was new.  I'd like to say his name was Robert or something?

I was originally going to just drive home, but i guess "luckily" i was blocked in by a truck so i spent that time taking everything apart.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2017, 05:14:34 pm »
It was the older guy that i've never dealt with before.  Reception confirmed he was new.  I'd like to say his name was Robert or something?

I was originally going to just drive home, but i guess "luckily" i was blocked in by a truck so i spent that time taking everything apart.

Robert sounds right.  He's new eh?  OK.  Hopefully, he figures things out. 

Regardless, it still sounds like Centaur has cheaper prices.