Author Topic: Remote upgrade for remote starter  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Roadwarrior

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX, 2006 Ford Focus
Remote upgrade for remote starter
« on: January 13, 2016, 09:06:10 am »
I'm hoping someone on here might be able to give me an idea if my thought process is correct. My car came with an autostart remote starter and 2 remotes. 1 remote was a one way, the other was a basic 2 way (no lcd but it would beep and flash back that it started). Now the 2 way remote got dropped and no longer works. To replace just that remote its like $130 online, where I can buy a complete auto start 2 way starter for like $150. I don't want to have to get things all redone, but if I were to get the newer 2 way system, am I able to just unplug my current antenna, plug in the new antenna and program the new remotes? Or is there more to the whole thing.
God must love crazy people, he made a lot of them.

Offline STI 2NV

• Vendor
  • Beards Comin in Nice
  • Car Enthusiast, Unenthusiastic.
    • Teknique Auto Innovations
  • Ride: 1995 Nissan Skyline GTR, 2012 Audi S4 6MT, 2012 Subaru STI Hatch, 2004 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe
Re: Remote upgrade for remote starter
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 02:47:54 pm »
If the brain modules are from the same generation, you could swap the brain while you're at it. unfortunately if they are not from the same generation there is no promises that swapping the antenna and antenna wire will be enough to program new remotes to it.
Teknique Auto Innovations
780-980-3006
#103 7611 Sparrow Drive
Leduc Alberta
Tekniqueman on VinWiki and Instagram