Author Topic: Brake Lights  (Read 1959 times)

Offline Claw

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05LGT | [s]06S2k[/s]
Brake Lights
« on: December 13, 2011, 11:41:47 pm »
My drivers side brake light stopped working.  My rear driving lights are fine, just that when I hit the brakes, it doesn't get brighter.  Passenger side works no problem.

I replaced it with a new 7443 dual filament bulb, but still having the same problem.  Tried another new bulb, same thing.

Checked my brake light fuses, they all checked out fine..  What am I missing?

Thanks.. 
They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Offline blame

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • rides spanning 20 years of boosted goodness
  • Ride: Pretty much everything
Re: Brake Lights
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 03:37:09 am »
loose/broken wire maybe.  do you have a voltmeter?  if you could get someone to step on the brake pedal while you test the wires going into the bulb socket, that would let you know if the wire is getting power.  if it is, fiddle with the contact in the socket, maybe it's become bent or corroded and isn't making contact with the proper part of the bulb.  if it's not getting power, keep testing further and further back on the wire till you find the interruption

-sean
AWDsome.

Offline jonathan

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 07:44:58 am »
You can also jam a stick between the seat and the brake pedal to turn the brake lights on while you test.
"I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?" - Jeremy Clarkson

Offline Markus420

• Baby Faced
  • Ride: 1999 Legacy GTB
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 06:53:48 am »
Did you ever get this problem fixed? I am experiencing the same thing here on my 99gt-b

Offline Claw

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05LGT | [s]06S2k[/s]
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 09:01:30 am »
Yeah, but I can't remember what I did.. sorry.
They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Offline Cbxj

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: assorted Subarus with scoops, & a tiller, the 2 wheeled kind
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 01:57:18 pm »
You can also jam a stick between the seat and the brake pedal to turn the brake lights on while you test.
Canadian way is to use the snow brush between the seat and the brake pedal.  Also using the seat adjuster for high idle precision control in cold weather. Never had to do that on subaru, but plenty of the carb'd vehicles ive had got that treatment.