Author Topic: Konnichiwa itchbays (Japan)  (Read 2329 times)

Offline canehdianJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2016 Golf GTi
Konnichiwa itchbays (Japan)
« on: November 09, 2015, 01:47:26 am »
I was just in Japan. 

Japan is amazing.

You should all go. 

This is a link to the map i created whilst skipping my way across the land.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z5oez59vBkdY.kt2CmhfJXgMA

Ill post some photos of the various things we did once im home.  Im currently awaiting a 9 hour flight in Narita airport.  8000 km and 9h of flying.  bleh.

Notes about Japan
-You cannot go to an Onsen if you have tattoo's. This sucks for those of you with tattoos.  This was a highlight of my trip.  Cover it with athletic tape if you can.
-Do NOT forget your change when paying for stuff.  They will literally chase down.  This happened to me.  Over 5 yen
-Su-me-ma-sen (Excuse me)  Learn it.  You'll be saying it often
-There are no garbage cans anywhere.  But there are vending machines everywhere.  Weirdly the streets are extremely clean.  Bring your garbage home with you and sort it.  Its the japanese way.
-The Girls are CUTE.  but good luck figuring out their age.  they look the same from about 15-35
-Eat Okinamiyaki and Takoyaki in Osaka.   In Dotonbori.  Dont argue, just do it.
-Maid Cafe's are probably fun if youre drunk enough
-Everything.  Like Everything is small.  The drinks, the portions, the seats.  Everything.  If youre a big guy or dont like crowds youre gonna need to get over it fast.  37 million people live in Tokyo and its the most heavily populated city on earth.
-Okinamiyaki is amazing.
-Sushi near the fish market in Tokyo.  What you want to eat is O-toro (spelling?)  its fatty tuna belly.  and its amazing.
-Genki sushi in shibuya is cheap and amazing.  i cant even describe it.  youd have to see my instagram video to understand
-Speaking of Shibuya, mens shopping at Shibuya 109 is pretty good.  But im a Large.  And those of you who know me will find that hilarious.  Literally nothing fit my shoulders. 
-Osaka is like a compressed version of Tokyo, slightly cheaper but just as good.
-Spend time in Kyoto.  youll regret not spending enough time there.  Just like I do.
-Everyone is very polite, friendly and helpful.  You'll feel safe everywhere.
-CASH IS KING.  seriously though, you cant get around on credit card alone like you can in canada.  I brought 100000 yen.  Which is about 1000$ canadian. 
-Every time you enter a store they will say something to you, i cant remember how it sounds at the moment but dont respond.   youll look like a retard.
-The cars there are awesome.
-Get a Suica or Pasmo card at Narita airport.  Load it up with cash.  its the most efficient way to get around on the subways.  Get a JR pass in Canada before you go if you're gonna shinkansen your way around (bullet train)
-If you dont like fish... you're kinda uckfayed.  I wouldnt go.  Also BBQ eel from the street markets is the itshay.

Photos to come

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
  • Ride: 2020 Tacoma TRD | i used to have a cool wrx
Re: Konnichiwa itchbays (Japan)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 04:20:12 am »
It sounds like you had an awesome awesome time dude!! Very glad, can't wait to see the pics!!

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 07:02:40 am »
Toro is best. I love Toro. I think the staff at some sushi places yell the same thing when you enter (Sakana and Kinjo both do this to me... Maybe it means "get out"?)

Anyways, can't wait to see pics, disappointed about lack of onesie.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline Mokori

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 07 CGM GDB
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 11:00:10 am »
IRRASHAIMASE ???????? is the most common one I hear while in Tokyo, which is basically "Welcome".  There are others, but that is the most common.

I miss Japan, it's a great country.  I do spend a few days doing the tourist thing though... Akiba for the electronics and Odaiba for Super Autobacs, the Ginza for the fancy shops and Sony tower..... too many to list.

Can't wait for pics!

Offline canehdianJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 02:30:14 pm »
Toro is best. I love Toro. I think the staff at some sushi places yell the same thing when you enter (Sakana and Kinjo both do this to me... Maybe it means "get out"?)

Anyways, can't wait to see pics, disappointed about lack of onesie.

Its not toro.  I've had toro.  Toro is just ok.  This was next level.  From what I understand otoro is next to impossible to get here.  Tuna belly and fatty tuna belly are very different.  Both are delicious.  One is more delicious.  :). Sorry about the onsie.  I brought snacks.

Offline mojikita

• Stubbly Faced
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 04:28:01 pm »
Sumimasen is an important word. Two more: nomihodai and tabehodai. Add karaoke to those and your chances of being arrested increase exponentially.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 05:33:11 pm »
Enough talk.  Share the pics!
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline darthekai

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • I CANT STOP POOPING
    • My Webpage
  • Ride: 2002 toyota tacoma 4dr (RTT crowdsourced with NFTs)
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 05:49:31 pm »
Eh I got in quite a few bath houses. Ask at a tattoo shop which ones are progressive. In tokyo anywaysanyways, the ones that are down are all super freaking old like old enough that they were around before the yak. And only marked by a bit of steam and a blue curtain with a male (or female)  kanji on it. Peeps are always surprised to see a white dude, but you might see some irl gangsters which is cool. 
What man put together, man can rend asunder and then also put it together sometimes what's all this left over stuff
Subaru(sold) Ford (sold) Toyota

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 07:25:07 pm »
Haven't you learned he is going tease us for 3 or 4 days and then someone else will post pictures.

Haha, touché. 
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

rith

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 08:58:52 pm »
I'm going to Japan and Hong Kong next March/April.except I'll be going with the wife, grandparents and a 20'ish month old toddler hah

Offline canehdianJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2015, 01:39:03 pm »
Ahhh uckfay off.  Its a 15 hour time change and youve seen many of the photos on Facebook jelly.

I'm so tired.  I'll deal with photos after I've had a few days to get over jet lag.

Offline canehdianJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2015, 03:43:22 pm »
Hehehehe

Shibuya crossing on halloween

My bad fortune

Be gone bad fortune!

Inside Jokes

This is here because its the second one ive seen, the mother of these spiders lives at Tate modern in London.  There are six.  One of them is in Ottawa!

Rad Art that the mori tower

Tokyo tower

Its busy like this all the time

Sushi near the fish market.

Hot Coffee in a can

Tokyo Motor show

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
  • Ride: 2020 Tacoma TRD | i used to have a cool wrx
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2015, 04:07:43 pm »
Pictures!! Yay! They look great Jeff, just went thru the ones up on FB now! Makes me wanna go so bad someday!

Offline cha0tik

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: '22 Venza | '03 S2K
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2015, 04:19:14 pm »
Okonomiyaki was my absolute favourite when I went. I would recommend having it from the region that "invented" it so to speak, which is near Hiroshima.
Also, the note about Kyoto is absolutely true. I had wanted to spend more time there myself, to fully bask in its glory. Must-see places there are the Monkey Park and the Bamboo Forest.

Hmm, maybe I should post some pictures myself or make my own thread lol
All this talk of Japan makes me miss it already.
My 2016 Subaru WRX

Fly high, dive deep.

Offline canehdianJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2015, 11:29:49 pm »

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2017, 07:32:18 am »
Maricar.

Look it up. Do it.

Currently in Tokyo and did it yesterday. Easily in the top 10 most fun things I've ever done.
Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence

Offline wrxsti15

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: STI'15 - Airboy Tuned
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2017, 07:58:20 am »
Thank you for sharing ...

My question did you buy anything for your cars? :D

rith

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2017, 09:47:23 am »
I went to Japan
 Last year. Went to Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo. Was great, I want to go again in a couple years when the kids are a bit bigger