Author Topic: 2016 Formula 1  (Read 16424 times)

Offline Markkenko

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 1998 Version 5 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type R V-Limited
Re: 2016 Formula 1
« Reply #225 on: November 25, 2016, 01:34:49 am »
DAMN....

Offline Rad_Racer

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2013 Lexus IS-F
« Reply #226 on: November 25, 2016, 09:57:34 am »
My dream for 2017 is for RBR, Merc, and Ferrari to be super closely matched at some point during the season.
Ferrari: A total of 5 WDC's between Kimi and Seb.
Merc: A total of 4 WDC's between Lewis and Nico.
That's a total of (likely) 4 champions on those two teams.
Then at RBR, you have two rising, young stars of F1.

Imagine Max and Dan duking it out with 4 WDC's in competitive cars that are around 4 seconds faster than this year.  8)

Offline diamondedge

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • stir fryin' noobs
  • Ride: 2007 WRX, 2008 spec.B
« Reply #227 on: November 25, 2016, 12:14:40 pm »
My dream for 2017 is for RBR, Merc, and Ferrari to be super closely matched at some point during the season.
Ferrari: A total of 5 WDC's between Kimi and Seb.
Merc: A total of 4 WDC's between Lewis and Nico.
That's a total of (likely) 4 champions on those two teams.
Then at RBR, you have two rising, young stars of F1.

Imagine Max and Dan duking it out with 4 WDC's in competitive cars that are around 4 seconds faster than this year.  8)

and lance stroll taking Williams back on form like Damon and JV did and getting second in the WDC

CAN'T WAIT

^Click^
sig by shpixx x diamondedge

Offline Zac

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • I liek stuff
  • Ride: 05 LGT Wagon, 08 Jeep WK CRD
« Reply #228 on: November 27, 2016, 12:32:38 pm »
Great race again. The Skyf1 team were complaining a lot about Lewis' dirty tactics but after the race they were saying that nico wasn't very deserving and won due to luck and reliability over the season?

Was happy to see Toto afterwards acknowledge what Lewis was doing as he was racing for a championship and would have done similar if he was in the seat.

Offline Rad_Racer

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #229 on: November 28, 2016, 09:13:20 am »
I found two things about Lewis' pace pretty funny:
1) It was such a display of dominance over Nico. Like he was WAYYY off the pace, but he knew Nico would never even make an attempt to pass him, because for Nico to get past Lewis, he has to put everything on the line.
2) It showed just how much faster the Merc still is than the Ferraris and Red Bulls. On the onboard shots, it sounded like Lewis was like 70% throttle on the straights, and he was just coasting through corners, and yet the next two fastest teams were going as fast as they could just to keep up. Unreal. I hope that's a little more even next year!

Also it was such a shame to see Jenson go out like that. Gonna miss that guy!

Offline lynx440

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #230 on: November 28, 2016, 10:34:07 am »
I could not understand why anyone complained about what Lewis was doing.  That's EXACTLY what he should have been doing.  It just stinks Red Bull gambled on their tire strategy again.  It was a long shot to be able to squeeze Nico down into 4th, but it was worth a shot.  It sucks now that the sport is going to have to endure the blandest champion of all time for a whole off season.  I pity the sponsors and their up coming events.  I bet they get 1/4th the crowd they would have if Lewis had won the championship.  Love him or hate them, guys like Lewis, Max & Daniel are what is going to keep this sport alive and well. 

Offline diamondedge

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • stir fryin' noobs
« Reply #231 on: November 28, 2016, 10:54:26 am »
I found two things about Lewis' pace pretty funny:
1) It was such a display of dominance over Nico. Like he was WAYYY off the pace, but he knew Nico would never even make an attempt to pass him, because for Nico to get past Lewis, he has to put everything on the line.
2) It showed just how much faster the Merc still is than the Ferraris and Red Bulls. On the onboard shots, it sounded like Lewis was like 70% throttle on the straights, and he was just coasting through corners, and yet the next two fastest teams were going as fast as they could just to keep up. Unreal. I hope that's a little more even next year!

Also it was such a shame to see Jenson go out like that. Gonna miss that guy!

It was a crazy finish. And Lewis was able to back Nico up enough but then rocket away when necessary to keep Seb closer to Nico. Crazy...

It sucks now that the sport is going to have to endure the blandest champion of all time for a whole off season. 

I don't think Nico is a bland champion. He's just blander than Lewis, is all. Nico talks the PR talk so much in the races because he's paid to do so, and he does it to protect himself as much. They all do. But you could start to see his personality shine through at the end of the race with his interview with SkySports.

^Click^

Offline Zac

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • I liek stuff
« Reply #232 on: November 28, 2016, 11:10:10 am »
Lewis' finals laps were 9 seconds slower than his pole lap and yet Red Bull and ferrari couldn't keep up, this is mind bogeling

Offline Rad_Racer

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #233 on: November 28, 2016, 12:17:03 pm »
Lewis' finals laps were 9 seconds slower than his pole lap and yet Red Bull and ferrari couldn't keep up, this is mind bogeling

To be fair, Seb was more than keeping up -- he would have had much faster laps in clear air, but just didn't have quite enough to get past Nico. The other RBR and Ferrari drivers were on pretty worn tires.

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
  • Ride: Generic SUV
« Reply #234 on: November 28, 2016, 10:38:09 pm »
Great race again. The Skyf1 team were complaining a lot about Lewis' dirty tactics but after the race they were saying that nico wasn't very deserving and won due to luck and reliability over the season?

Quote of the race: "Lewis is a mercenary"

That pretty much said it all. I don't agree that Nico wasn't deserving. He's had his fair share of bad luck before too. That's just life. Nico had a better season that Hamilton.

I could not understand why anyone complained about what Lewis was doing.  That's EXACTLY what he should have been doing.  It just stinks Red Bull gambled on their tire strategy again.  It was a long shot to be able to squeeze Nico down into 4th, but it was worth a shot.  It sucks now that the sport is going to have to endure the blandest champion of all time for a whole off season.  I pity the sponsors and their up coming events.  I bet they get 1/4th the crowd they would have if Lewis had won the championship.  Love him or hate them, guys like Lewis, Max & Daniel are what is going to keep this sport alive and well. 

Totally disagree about Nico being bland. I think he's just a very guarded and private sports celebrity. Seeing how he reacted on the podium, his emotions, dedicating the win to his wife, talking about seeing his parents and being proud of achieving what his father did. I think he's probably a pretty interesting guy, he just doesn't put it all out there for you to see like Hamilton. And I, for one, appreciate that.
Is illmotion's sunday school where you learn about how Stance Jesus scraped for your sins?
Roxanne - 2015 WRX Ginger - 1990 Civic Si
Avatar courtesy of Wong Photography

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #235 on: December 02, 2016, 06:50:32 am »
http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/38185846

Nico Rosberg retires: World champion quits Formula 1
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline diamondedge

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • stir fryin' noobs
« Reply #236 on: December 02, 2016, 09:51:33 am »
http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/38185846

Nico Rosberg retires: World champion quits Formula 1

Yeah when Rath told me this morning I was like WTF. Quit while you're on top Nico, smart.. Bets on who takes his seat.

Bottas.

^Click^

Offline Zac

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • I liek stuff
« Reply #237 on: December 02, 2016, 10:22:50 am »
Maldonado!

In seriousness, Pascal Wherlein is my guess since he has ties to Mercedes.

Offline STI_Crazy

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2013 Cayenne
« Reply #238 on: December 02, 2016, 11:14:12 am »
They should get Max. He'll do wonders in that team.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #239 on: December 02, 2016, 11:28:29 am »
There isn't enough room on that team for both his ego, and Hamilton's.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline STI_Crazy

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2013 Cayenne
« Reply #240 on: December 02, 2016, 12:58:14 pm »
True, but you know the races between them would be super interesting to watch if both had similar cars.

Offline 3inchesoflove

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2017 STI rally blue base
« Reply #241 on: December 02, 2016, 01:23:06 pm »
Would be cool to see Ricciardo go to mercedes... All the talent of Hamilton, none of the ego.   I love him as a redbull driver but would hate to see him get the Webber treatment as Max progresses. 

Pair Max with Carlos sainz at red bull, let the two young hot shoes battle it out.   

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #242 on: December 02, 2016, 03:08:46 pm »
Maldonado!

In seriousness, Pascal Wherlein is my guess since he has ties to Mercedes.

Too young yet, I think. They won't want to waste time with someone that inexperienced. They need someone who can immediately win races to keep the hopes of another constructors championship aive.

They should get Max. He'll do wonders in that team.

Red Bull won't let him go easily. And why would he leave? They're on the upswing and he's got a teammate who won't utterly dominate him.

IMO, they have two options: a driver like Raikkonen (not that I think he'd leave Ferrari) who is excellent and experienced, but in the closing years of his career (Button or Massa would fit too). Or, they'll want someone strong enough to be a team leader one day, and win races on their own merrits but not impede Hamilton; Bottas or Perez type of driver.
Is illmotion's sunday school where you learn about how Stance Jesus scraped for your sins?

Offline Rad_Racer

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #243 on: December 05, 2016, 10:58:59 am »
I'd like to see Sainz to go to Merc so his career doesn't die early at STR. I can't see Red Bull letting go of him though.

Kubicaaaaaa come back!

Offline lynx440

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #244 on: December 08, 2016, 11:00:38 am »
Thrilled with this news.  Great to see things shook up at Mercedes.  Bottas would be great, or Perez.  But isn't Perez locked up in contract right now?  Aren't most of the major drivers?  I know it won't happen, but I gotta think that Seb is probably salivating at the chance to get into Mercedes.  I think he thought Ferrari would be much better than they were in 2016, and he's probably willing to switch it up if the opportunity was there.  Or, what about Fernando?  Rath commented on an experienced driver.  Who better than Alonso? 

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #245 on: December 08, 2016, 01:27:16 pm »
Thrilled with this news.  Great to see things shook up at Mercedes.  Bottas would be great, or Perez.  But isn't Perez locked up in contract right now?  Aren't most of the major drivers?  I know it won't happen, but I gotta think that Seb is probably salivating at the chance to get into Mercedes.  I think he thought Ferrari would be much better than they were in 2016, and he's probably willing to switch it up if the opportunity was there.  Or, what about Fernando?  Rath commented on an experienced driver.  Who better than Alonso?

I think technically almost everyone but Wehrlein has a contract for next season, but we all know how much that means in F1. Possible Bottas to Merc, Wehrlein to Williams with cash or engines or tech or something to sweeten the deal?

Alonso would probably be up there on their list of choices, but if we thought NR and LH clashed...

I agree. Nice to see a shakeup at a big team.

Offline Rad_Racer

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #246 on: December 08, 2016, 02:46:08 pm »
Alonso would probably be up there on their list of choices, but if we thought NR and LH clashed...

This is why I think Alonso won't move (that and McLaren will fight hard to keep him). Toto won't take the risk of repeating 2007 and losing the championship to Ferrari or RBR. Pretty confident it will be Pascal, but we will see.