Author Topic: Has anyone heard of Bergamont bikes? Other brands on CRC?  (Read 1613 times)

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2015 Audi S4 6MT
Has anyone heard of Bergamont bikes? Other brands on CRC?
« on: April 01, 2016, 12:03:51 pm »
Hey all,

So my plan is to sell my DH bike and get a more trail oriented bike. I’ll get a lot more use out of it, since I have a couple friend who trail ride a fair bit, but none of them ride DH. I’ve been looking online at options and part kits. I’d like something light, full suspension an probably 100-140mm of travel. Weight would be 30 lbs or less. I’d like to spend ~$1,500, but there isn’t a lot available that ticks the boxes.

I was looking on CRC, and they had some decent options but from brands I’d never heard of. I was thinking it might be because they’re from the other wise of the world, but I can’t even find reviews online. Has anyone heard of Bergamont? I was looking at the Bergamont Fastlane 7.4, but also can’t find what it weight. The parts kit is really nice though.

Bow Cycle has a sale going on the weekend, the other bikes I was looking at the were on sale were
15 Norco Fluid 7.3 Grey $1,299
15 Kona Precept 27.5 Matt Lime $1,199

Thoughts?

Offline Longlivetheride

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: Nissan Juke Nismo, Nissan Frontier,Fix - Cronus Rally MSport R2
Re: Has anyone heard of Bergamont bikes? Other brands on CRC?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 11:46:27 pm »
Tough price point to be in its either a super nice hard tail or a entry level suspension bike. Lots of descent used stuff out there for $1500 as long as you get it checked out at a shop you are in pretty good shape.

Offline RockThePylon

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ghetto apostle
  • Ride: '03 WRX ricekar
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 01:45:36 am »
I'm tempted to push you towards that Norco Fluid.

Canadian company, and a great entry level trail bike. It's kinda heavy, but whatever, take off your panties and work for it.
I may scream like a dainty lady, but I punch like a fairly strong 11-year-old.

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 10:15:06 am »
Lol yeah the Fluid was the way I was leaning as well. May hold off a bit yet.

I've poked around on Pink Bike, but prices seem a bit high for used stuff. Maybe it's people trying to get top dollar at the beginning of the season or something. I'll keep looking though, as I'd prefer to sell my DH bike before buying a new bike anyway.

Still curious if people have experience or know much about the brands CRC carries. I've heard of a few, but they have some I can't find any info on. But the part kits looks nice for the money.

Offline Longlivetheride

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: Nissan Juke Nismo, Nissan Frontier,Fix - Cronus Rally MSport R2
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 08:26:42 pm »
Lol yeah the Fluid was the way I was leaning as well. May hold off a bit yet.

I've poked around on Pink Bike, but prices seem a bit high for used stuff. Maybe it's people trying to get top dollar at the beginning of the season or something. I'll keep looking though, as I'd prefer to sell my DH bike before buying a new bike anyway.

Still curious if people have experience or know much about the brands CRC carries. I've heard of a few, but they have some I can't find any info on. But the part kits looks nice for the money.

Fluids are nice Norco Canadian company made somewhere else like everyone else. The biggest thing is fit though you may like the color and or spec of the Norco fits a bigger deal in the equation. When it comes to you buying a bike at this level you have lots of options from shops but it all comes down to #1 Fit  #2 Whats the plan after you buy the bike (free tune ups maybe a time with a bike fitter to dial in you re ride)

Haven't seen to many issues with the Nuke proof or any of the NS bikes coming from there. The issue is usually the "Home Mechanic" doing something they shouldn't mostly cable routing or installation techniques .  Or again buying a bike that on sale but its the wrong size  " if you are 5.5 you don't fit a extra large bike and no i will not mount the stem reverse to fit you" classic from this year already 

Offline soulindk

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2016 Outback 3.6R
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 08:44:35 pm »
Here's one I found in Toronto.
http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1949910/

If I get the job I'm hoping to get I'll be passing through and may be able to help you out if you find a bike in Ontario.
Smart went crazy and rode a unicorn through the storm. - Atmosphere

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 08:54:24 pm »
Fluids are nice Norco Canadian company made somewhere else like everyone else. The biggest thing is fit though you may like the color and or spec of the Norco fits a bigger deal in the equation. When it comes to you buying a bike at this level you have lots of options from shops but it all comes down to #1 Fit  #2 Whats the plan after you buy the bike (free tune ups maybe a time with a bike fitter to dial in you re ride)

Haven't seen to many issues with the Nuke proof or any of the NS bikes coming from there. The issue is usually the "Home Mechanic" doing something they shouldn't mostly cable routing or installation techniques .  Or again buying a bike that on sale but its the wrong size  " if you are 5.5 you don't fit a extra large bike and no i will not mount the stem reverse to fit you" classic from this year already

For sure. I completely rebuilt my Stinky with a different frame because I wasn't comfortable with the size on steep descents. For a trail bike now, I wouldn't go bigger than a medium. I read great things about the positioning of the Fluid, even with it a little on the heavy side. But who knows what'll be available when I buy.