Author Topic: Battlefield 1 / Released October 18th  (Read 5588 times)

Offline diamondedge

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • stir fryin' noobs
  • Ride: 2007 WRX, 2008 spec.B
Re: Battlefield 1 / Released October 18th
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2016, 12:42:01 pm »
I always wanted to be good with a chopper, but didn't play it enough to really get the hang of it. Having each vehicle use different controls will really make gamers chose which ones they want to be good with.

It took a solid month of flying (like, at least 1-2 hours a week) to become somewhat of a proficient chopper pilot. Once they removed the below radar perk and buffed the AA I was screwed, it didn't suit my game style to hover a foot from uncap and have my gunner long bomb TV's and cherry pick dudes with the gun (AA would always reach me if I strayed away from certain spots). I miss being able to completely wreck house in a hot pass w/ a TV leading and rockets.

On the topic of BF1, as long as the relative balance remains I'm looking forward to having to figure the different vehicles. Adds an element of jack-off-all-trades that I love. :D

^Click^
sig by shpixx x diamondedge

Offline Stealthbombing

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: BMW 135i M
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2016, 02:21:13 pm »
It took a solid month of flying (like, at least 1-2 hours a week) to become somewhat of a proficient chopper pilot. Once they removed the below radar perk and buffed the AA I was screwed, it didn't suit my game style to hover a foot from uncap and have my gunner long bomb TV's and cherry pick dudes with the gun (AA would always reach me if I strayed away from certain spots). I miss being able to completely wreck house in a hot pass w/ a TV leading and rockets.

On the topic of BF1, as long as the relative balance remains I'm looking forward to having to figure the different vehicles. Adds an element of jack-off-all-trades that I love. :D

Well in WW1 there was definitely no AA, no radar other than sonar, no rocket launchers.  Im curious to see how they balance the air and infantry. Maybe planes will take damage from bullets. Im glad there will be limited attachments and no game changing ones like FLIR, Zoom, motion sensors and what not.
*** PM Me for quotes on parts for wholesale price !!***
Stella -
http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=47765.msg579306#msg579306

Offline Tik-Tok

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2016, 02:44:32 pm »
Maybe planes will take damage from bullets.

Well, realistically, WWI fighters were flying death-traps, so I'm sure they'll be highly susceptible to ground fire. But I see a lot of fantasy in the trailer too, so they may have anti-aircraft weapons

Offline Stealthbombing

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2016, 03:28:59 pm »
Well, realistically, WWI fighters were flying death-traps, so I'm sure they'll be highly susceptible to ground fire. But I see a lot of fantasy in the trailer too, so they may have anti-aircraft weapons

hmm, yeah we wont know for a couple months at least until we see some game play, most of the footage in the trailer i found to be pretty authentic, here is a good Reddit post if your bored and want to read up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/4iigb1/bf1_a_brief_look_at_why_battlefield_1_is_most/ 

and here is a REALLY good analysis of the trailer that points out a lot of things that were missed.

Stella -

Offline Stealthbombing

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2016, 11:59:10 am »
Multiplayer footage was shown at EA play over the weekend, game looks amazing in my opinion.

Stella -

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2015 Audi S4 6MT
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2016, 12:43:40 pm »
I was going through E3 games last night and watched a newer video, and it looked fantastic. Looking forward to this one.

That said, the new, Rainbow Six I think, looked almost better.

Offline Stealthbombing

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2016, 10:41:37 am »
Lots of new info in the last week.

Gamescom just hosted another squads game play (32 vs 32) on a new map, and Beta will be issued on August 31st. This game looks great and horses look fun haha

Stella -

Offline Polaris

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Couldn't become a real doctor
  • Ride: 2005 LGT
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2016, 09:50:19 am »
Anyone playing this and is it worth it? It's on sale for 33% off on Origin for Black Friday and I'm tempted. I'm also interested in Titanfall 2 and buying them together saves you around $13.

Offline diamondedge

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • stir fryin' noobs
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2016, 10:14:58 am »
Anyone playing this and is it worth it? It's on sale for 33% off on Origin for Black Friday and I'm tempted. I'm also interested in Titanfall 2 and buying them together saves you around $13.

I'm on PC. Played some hardcore last night. Getting the groove of how the guns work.

^Click^

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2016, 10:37:55 am »
A couple of my buddies have it and like it. I'm not allowed to buy any new games till after xmas though lol. 33% off is a great deal though, I saw that and was tempted.

Offline Polaris

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2016, 10:41:17 am »
I'm really tempted to buy it, I love WWI/II types of shooter games. Hopefully my computer can run it.

A couple of my buddies have it and like it. I'm not allowed to buy any new games till after xmas though lol. 33% off is a great deal though, I saw that and was tempted.

Haha just buy it and pretend it was an old game that you forgot about :P

Offline diamondedge

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • stir fryin' noobs
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2016, 10:42:13 am »
Sorry Jesse I didn't answer your original question.

This game is pretty good visually...even on medium, I'm jizzing. They have the most minute of details captured, right down to swinging lights and how when they swing, it affects your shadow.

I'm starting to realize it's not BF3/BF4 and the warfare is different - it's more frantic. That's offset by the "Sniperfield" effect, so in time I hope that will get balanced better.   

^Click^

Offline Polaris

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2016, 10:54:42 am »
Awesome, that sounds really cool and would love to play with you. I think BF1 might be up my alley a bit more than Titanfall 2, I may just end up buying BF1 and Titanfall 2 maybe later, I have a problem of buying lots of games and not touching them (I have a crap-ton of Steam games but only play H1Z1 and CS:GO...)

Did you buy the premium pass? It's just as expensive as the game  >:(

Offline Stealthbombing

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2016, 11:12:36 am »
This is a really well done game IMO, on PC the graphics are life like on Ultra. The gameplay is fun but like other games it does have some flaws, either way out of Titanfall and the new cod i always somewhat come back to this game.  I think its worth the deal ! plus if you get premium battlefield tends to release a lot of DLC content even years after development.
Stella -

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2016, 11:39:03 am »

Haha just buy it and pretend it was an old game that you forgot about :P

Lol I would, but I think my gfs mom already bought it for me. I want this and Watchdogs 2.

Offline Polaris

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2016, 05:18:53 pm »
Watchdogs 2 sounds pretty fun too!

Really want to play BF1 now but not sure if I can run Battlefield 1 just based on "Can You Run It"'s website. Their minimum CPU is a Core i5 6600K, but I only have  an i3-4160. Though in the past I remember playing games past my minimum requirements just on lower settings.

EDIT: Paid for Origin Access, figured I can use it to try out a bunch of games and I'm likely going to buy FIFA 17 anyways so the 10% off pays for the Origin Access. I'm downloading BF1 right now, not sure if the demo stuff carries over to the full game if/when I buy it but add me!! Origin ID: JTPolaris

EDIT 2: Holy, just started the campaign and I'm already drawn in.

Offline Stealthbombing

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2016, 09:06:11 am »
How does it run on your i3? sucks you cant run it on Ultra though, the graphics are something else
Stella -

Offline Polaris

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2016, 10:02:25 am »
Right now I can run the game on high without really noticing any problems, other than the cut-scenes being a little bit choppy which is weird because gameplay is fine. I've since turned it down to medium graphics but because I play all my games (League, CS:GO, GW2, etc.) on low-medium the medium graphics of BF1 is already amazing to me. I might play it on high and then turn the resolution down a bit, that should help right? I have a R9 280 card I believe. Pretty basic budget build but I'm happy with it so far!

Offline diamondedge

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • stir fryin' noobs
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2016, 12:12:45 pm »
Right now I can run the game on high without really noticing any problems, other than the cut-scenes being a little bit choppy which is weird because gameplay is fine. I've since turned it down to medium graphics but because I play all my games (League, CS:GO, GW2, etc.) on low-medium the medium graphics of BF1 is already amazing to me. I might play it on high and then turn the resolution down a bit, that should help right? I have a R9 280 card I believe. Pretty basic budget build but I'm happy with it so far!

I play on medium and high on some settings and turn the Resolution Scale down...multiplayer gets choppy in huge firefights or when I'm in a plane and itshays going crazy around me. GTX 770 SC...

^Click^

Offline Polaris

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2016, 02:40:14 pm »
I'm looking forward to playing the multiplayer, as that will likely determine if I end up buying the full game or not since $53ish just for a campaign, albeit so far from what I've played seems to be extremely well done, is a little bit expensive. I don't mind turning graphics down to help with the choppiness when playing multiplayer!

Anyone playing tonight? I will likely be playing all night, add me at JTPolaris!

Offline Stealthbombing

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2016, 02:52:22 pm »
I'm looking forward to playing the multiplayer, as that will likely determine if I end up buying the full game or not since $53ish just for a campaign, albeit so far from what I've played seems to be extremely well done, is a little bit expensive. I don't mind turning graphics down to help with the choppiness when playing multiplayer!

Anyone playing tonight? I will likely be playing all night, add me at JTPolaris!

If you turn everything up on high and you find you still get frame rate drops turn your Terrain quality & undergrowth quality to medium and it should help. You really need to see this game on Ultra setting though, its crazy. You can also run it at 4K or even 8K if you scale it up but you need a serious rig to run that haha
Stella -

Offline Polaris

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2016, 10:49:47 pm »
Dang, crappy update but I'm crashing on low on all multiplayer gamemodes. Probably won't pick up the game then :'(

Offline Stealthbombing

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2016, 09:11:49 am »
Dang, crappy update but I'm crashing on low on all multiplayer gamemodes. Probably won't pick up the game then :'(

Crashing ? or is the frame rate just really bad ?
Stella -

Offline Polaris

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2016, 10:24:52 am »
Just straight up crashing :( Like I would get up to the matching screen for quick-play for example, it'll run through all the steps and then the game crashes.

Offline diamondedge

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • stir fryin' noobs
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2016, 10:56:09 am »
Just straight up crashing :( Like I would get up to the matching screen for quick-play for example, it'll run through all the steps and then the game crashes.

I disabled DirectX 12 from the option menu, see if that helps.

Mine just crashes with a DirectX error DeviceHung at random, could be 10 minutes of gameplay or 2+ hours. GTX770 known issue, apparently.

^Click^