Author Topic: WSC Sylvan Lake 2016 BBQ, Edmonton & Calgary - Saturday July 9, 2016 (Pls Vote)  (Read 10574 times)

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
  • Ride: 2016 CWP WRX
Saturday July 9, 2016
Edmonton and Calgary Cruise Meet-Up: 9:00am
Edmonton and Calgary Cruise DEPARTURE: 9:30am
Edmonton & Calgary MEET in Red Deer: 11:00am
Edmonton + Calgary DEPART to Sylvan: 11:15am

Responsibilities & Volunteers:
- Portal BBQ / Grill top: 10Secdream
- WSC Grill Master: Whoever wants to grill
- Burgers, Hot dogs, Buns: k_LX,  Kijho
- Water, Soda, Ice + Cooler: Kijho
- Footballs, frisbee, soccer ball:
- Drinks, Snacks, & Soccer ball, maybe Frisbee/ Football: Polaris, leitakaoka,
- Other ??

Currently looking for volunteers for the above listed items! Please comment within this thread if you can provide for one of the above!

Please read the below details carefully. There will be planned cruise(s) departing from both Edmonton and Calgary the morning of the BBQ. There will be a pre-meet at determined locations, following a planned strictly speed-limit only cruise to Red Deer. From Red Deer we will depart to Sylvan Lake.

The Sylvan Lake BBQ Meetup (Final Location):
This is the destination where we will be cruising out to. Parking will NOT be "together."  There is street-parking and lot-parking along this entire area. Parking should not be an issue as long as people are patient.
Find parking, and then come hangout for the BBQ! There is a large open green space in the area I've shown with many picnic benches, trash cans, and there are public washrooms a bit further down. The beach is also ofcourse right here. There was discussion in our other thread about not wanting to make this a "hard-parked" show n shine style event where we stand around in a mall parking lot under the beaming sun. Therefor; the effort I'm making is for this to be a fun "family-friendly" afternoon hanging out in the nice weather, enjoying some BBQ foods & drinks, and talking about Subi's or cars in general with friends who share the same interest!
Expected arrival time from the cruises is early afternoon.

https://goo.gl/maps/HrtVXhe74TR2

Sylvan Parking & Direction

Open Space/ Field/ Picnic area

The Calgary Cruise to Red Deer:
****Do arrive with a full tank of gas. We will not be stopping for gas.****

We will be meeting at 9:00am in Calgary for the cruise up to Red Deer where we will then join up and cruise together with the Edmonton group. Departure time from the location will be 9:30am.

Location: 19 Street NE, off Airport Trail NE.  See direct link and image below.
https://goo.gl/maps/gHuKkPxTSdP2

Roll-Out from Calgary

Calgary Meet Location

Following the route detailed within the above map link, we will then meet up with Edmonton group in the outskirts of Red Deer near 75 Ave, and Queens Dr. by 11:00am.
If you live in Red Deer, or are coming from elsewhere - You can meet both groups up at the below location by 11:00am to join in.
Red Deer Meetup Location: https://goo.gl/maps/4YxnWgULwkP2

The Edmonton Cruise to Red Deer:
****Do arrive with a full tank of gas. We will not be stopping for gas.****

We will be meeting at 9:00am in Edmonton for the cruise up to Red Deer where we will then join up and cruise together with the Calgary group. Departure time from the location will be 9:30am.

Location: Gateway Park Road SW.  See direct link and image below.
https://goo.gl/maps/gqwrVeeQqzq

Roll-Out from Edmonton

Edmonton Meet Location

Following the route detailed within the above map link, we will then meet up with Calgary group in the outskirts of Red Deer near 75 Ave, and Queens Dr. by 11:00am.
If you live in Red Deer, or are coming from elsewhere - You can meet both groups up at the below location by 11:00am to join in.
Red Deer Meetup Location: https://goo.gl/maps/4YxnWgULwkP2

The Edmonton + Calgary Cruise from Red Deer to Sylvan Lake:
https://goo.gl/maps/cLqARoucpTE2

We will be promptly departing from Red Deer's meeting location to cruise a short 10 minute drive over to Sylvan Lake Via Westbound on 11A.
As mentioned above, parking will not be coordinated so please find parking wherever is available. We will then meetup at the green-space/ field/ beach/ picnic area for our BBQ!

Red Deer location to Sylvan Lake

The meeting point in Sylvan Lake
https://goo.gl/maps/HrtVXhe74TR2

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
Re: WSC Sylvan Lake 2016 BBQ - Saturday July 9, 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 01:05:34 PM »
Please comment below if you're coming, and if you can help with any of the items listed for things to bring in the above post.

I'm sure I've missed something in planning this so please comment below with any questions, suggestions etc. and if you're planning on coming!

Offline kehuynh

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 02 Forester S, 91 Hilux Surf
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 01:29:47 PM »
I'll come. What size of BBQ do you think is needed? I have a couple portable BBQs.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 01:30:33 PM »
I'm likely in. Probably can't carry much.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 01:41:54 PM »
I'll come. What size of BBQ do you think is needed? I have a couple portable BBQs.

Any that will work to grill up some burgers and such! I have no burger flipping skills or knowledge on that kinda thing though hahaha.. If you have one that could do 6+ burgers at a time maybe that would be good!?
I'll verify there's no "bans" on fire/ grills/ bbq's during the time we go!

I'm likely in. Probably can't carry much.

Yaaaa!! :D :D :D :D

Offline canehdianJ

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2006 Lotus Elise 111R, 2016 Golf GTi
I cant help but be impressed by the work put in here.  Good job Spencer.  Ill probably be in the mountains somewhere hanging of my fingertips without a shirt on, but i hope everyone has a good time.  8)

Offline Polaris

• beards comin in nice
  • Couldn't become a real doctor
  • Ride: 2005 LGT
Wow this is very detailed, thank you Kijho!

I am in, I can bring (non chilled) drinks, snacks, etc and my soccer ball. Should have a football and frisbee somewhere. Also can bring my baseball glove if anyone else wants to play catch.

Offline Canuckrz

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 Lexus IS350
I should be in. Can't say for certain what I can bring as I very well might take the bike.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
Awesome guys,   Polaris I'll put your name down for some things! :) Thanks !

Offline DaDuke99

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • For the Swarm!
  • Ride: 13 DGM STI, 03 Forester 2.5X, 01 Forester S, 92 Justy
Again, really good job getting this together Spencer (and Stephen!). As of this morning I'll have the time off, so I'll be making this for sure!
Not sure on what I have of use but either way should be able to haul stuff up :)

Offline Cagare

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2007 S2000, 2012 Tundra, 2015 Grand Caravan
Good job on the organization.  Unfortunately that is not the week I am in Calgary so I will not be attending.

Have fun!

Offline ThatRedWRX

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2004 WRX in Remo Red
Sounds fun im in!

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
Any Grill Masters on here interested in volunteering - or anyone with a portable camping grill type thing? :D

Offline Haplo90

• beards comin in nice
  • Ride: 2006 WRB STi (Sold), 2008 F150, 2015 Yamaha FJ-09
I have one portable camping grill, and can BBQ stuff. The grill isn't huge, fits maybe 6 burgers at a time. It looks like I can come, I'd like to bring the bike so if someone wants to transport the grill that'd be great.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
I have one portable camping grill, and can BBQ stuff. The grill isn't huge, fits maybe 6 burgers at a time. It looks like I can come, I'd like to bring the bike so if someone wants to transport the grill that'd be great.

should be able to haul stuff up :)

Tim - You good to bring this up in your hatch yea??

Offline DaDuke99

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • For the Swarm!
  • Ride: 13 DGM STI, 03 Forester 2.5X, 01 Forester S, 92 Justy
Definitely! I'm probably going up alone so whatever fits, I can bring

Offline chico_kj_23

• beards comin in nice
  • Ride: 1993 WRX, 2011 G37X, 2018 4Runner
Impressed with the level of effort put into this! Just curious what was the reason for changing from July 23rd to the 9th? I've got a wedding on the 9th so I won't be able to attend. Have fun everyone!

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
Impressed with the level of effort put into this! Just curious what was the reason for changing from July 23rd to the 9th? I've got a wedding on the 9th so I won't be able to attend. Have fun everyone!

Sorry man :(  I know with the date change, some people weren't able to now make it. Based on the planning thread I had open for a few months with the poll;   July 23rd had 26 votes while July 9th was pretty close at 23 votes.

The biggest reason for going for July 9th was in an effort to go on a hopefully less busier day. There's another Sylvan lake car show on the 23rd which started out pretty small but has become what looks to be a huge show now. Could make it a very busy day up there for driving, finding parking, etc.  Since July 9th was only 3 votes less, it was the next best day IMO.

Sorry to those that can't make it now :(

Offline RedBimmer93

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
I will mark this on my calendar!

Offline Bladeh

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2016 WRX WRB
I'll probably head over as I'm pretty close although Sylvan can be a itchbay in the summer when its sunny and hot out, wouldn't mind kicking a football (soccer) about.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
We've added a poll to the top of this thread for people to vote on which lunch option you'd prefer. Please vote which option you'd prefer, OR if you have any alternative requests / preference please either comment here or feel free to PM me. If anyone is vegetarian or something we might request that you simply bring something of your own (Ie. A veggie burger, that way we don't need to buy a 12 box of veggie burgers if only one person wants that!) Any major or specific allergies feel free to PM or discuss.

We do have volunteers for providing burgers, sausages, etc.  So this poll will also help us estimate the number of supplies we will require!! :)

Thank you,

Offline Canuckrz

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 Lexus IS350
Wait we have to choose burgers or hotdogs? I'm sorry, I thought this was America!

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
Wait we have to choose burgers or hotdogs? I'm sorry, I thought this was America!

Good point.. I guess people eat more than one hotdog/ burger etc. Additional votes added (2x) votes.. I'm pretty sure though we can just get a 20 pack of burgers and 20 of hotdogs.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
Nvm can't add votes editing poll.   It'll just be a rough, we'll bring more haha

Offline Haplo90

• beards comin in nice
  • Ride: 2006 WRB STi (Sold), 2008 F150, 2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Ah, damn. I won't be able to make the 9th, so you'll need to acquire another master chef.