Author Topic: WSC Sylvan Lake 2016 BBQ, Edmonton & Calgary - Saturday July 9, 2016 (Pls Vote)  (Read 10575 times)

Offline Dev

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Magic Carpet
Great day!!! I'll post my pictures later tonight
My 2006 STI Build:*Sold*
Project "Panda"
My 2014 XT Build: *Sold*
Project "Panda" #2
My 2016 Golf R Build Project "Panda" #3

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
Had lots of fun. Drove through the flood of rain, but I didn't hit hail. Saw it all over stoney while I was heading home though. Awesome day, even if I did skip the water park.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline k_LX

• beards comin in nice
  • Ride: '14 Prancer
Great to see everyone and meeting new people.  Great job to Kijho for putting together a family friendly meet.  Thanks 10secdream for being an excellent chef!  Hope you like your WSC portable cooler :-P
#wouldgoagain
"Nice car, what do those retail for?"
"More than you can afford, pal!  Ferrari.."

Offline Dev

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Magic Carpet
Great to see everyone and meeting new people.  Great job to Kijho for putting together a family friendly meet.  Thanks 10secondream for being an excellent chef!  Hope you like your WSC portable cooler :-P
#wouldgoagain

For truth!! Great area too!! Thanks for setting up and organizing this!! I've posted pictures here: http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=52339.0
My 2006 STI Build:*Sold*
Project "Panda"
My 2014 XT Build: *Sold*
Project "Panda" #2
My 2016 Golf R Build Project "Panda" #3

Offline Jimpreza111

• beards comin in nice
Thanks for organizing this meet, it was fun and I would definitely do it again. Great to meet you all and the location was perfect. My wife took some shots on the way down and I'll add them to the picture thread.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
  • Ride: 2016 CWP WRX
Thank you ALL so very much for coming out to this today! The turn-out was absolutely incredibly, better than I had ever expected. It was so awesome to bring together the faces of the Edmonton people and the Calgary people for some good food, lots of laughs, and tossing a football around barefoot in the grass in the sun. Probably the bet "meet" I've ever been part of, it was so awesome just hanging out with everyone I'm happy to call friends.

A huge thank you and shout-out to k_LX for his generosity and providing all the food, buns, burgers, cheese, everything - Seriously dude, you're awesome.
And also a huge thank you for 10secdream for not only proving use of his portable camping BBQ (that thing held 8 burgers at a time), but for also cooking!!  All the food was awesome!

Thank you to everyone for making this such an awesome event! We'll definitely have to do more things like this again in the future!

We went storm chasing (or running, whatever...) which was fun. Took a long scenic route, stopped for timmies a couple times, and avoided pretty much most of the bad weather except a bit of rain in some spots!

Offline RedBimmer93

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
Yesterday was a great experience! It was certainly a pleasure to meet all the WSC members who came down from Edmonton. It was nice to see your cars in person, and put faces to names :)

Also, huge shoutout to everybody who contributed to making this trip happen! Thank you so much :)

Also the drive home for a few of us was certainly interesting lol

My only regret: Not remembering to bring shorts and flip flops :-[

Offline anomatrix

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2004 WRX GGA, 2012 WRX GRA (sold), 2017 Lexus NX200t F-Sport 3
Thanks to all who made this such a great time. I'm glad the weather held out for as long as it did, made for some wicked pics!

Sorry about having to leave early, despite attempting to soak up some sun to feel better, the gf was feeling worse as the day went on...ah well, was great meeting you all!