Author Topic: WSC Sylvan Lake 2016 BBQ, Edmonton & Calgary - Saturday July 9, 2016 (Pls Vote)  (Read 10576 times)

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
  • Ride: 2016 CWP WRX

Offline leitakaoka

• Stubbly Faced
  • IG: @leiftamagotchi
  • Ride: 08' WRX
I'm in. Would be a great way to spend my "birthday" as it's the 10th.
I'll bring my famous coconut cookies so count me in for snacks n such.
I can bring some waters, pop, n such too!
and I'll bring tons of juice boxes. Because juice boxes are the best and no one doesn't like juice.

Offline Dev

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Magic Carpet
I should be able to make this, unless something unexpected happens
My 2006 STI Build:*Sold*
Project "Panda"
My 2014 XT Build: *Sold*
Project "Panda" #2
My 2016 Golf R Build Project "Panda" #3

Offline Dylan780

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2003 Legacy GTB, 1997 Yamaha Virago 750
Now that it is on July 9th I should be able to make it!

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
Awesome guys! :D   With Haplo now being busy, I figured since it'll be easier for someone who's coming to be able to bring a BBQ; 10Secdream was kind enough to offer the use of his new portable BBQ. We'll figure out whoever's got some grilling experience to flip the burgers and such!!

I'm getting stoked about this more and more as we get closer!  For the cruise(s) up / to Red Deer / To Sylvan I'm excited to film some video and shoot some photos of the event!!

Might look into the posssibility of people bringing up some WSC gear, too. I know there are plate frames floating around so might be an opportunity to buy one if you're looking to get one!

Don't forget to vote in the poll on the first page, please!! (Moreso for a headcount)!

Offline 10secdream

• Vendor
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • ReflectiveAutoDetailing
  • Ride: 2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Correct I will bring a small BBQ.
2003 Mazda Miata
2015 WRX Build
2004 Forester XT Build

“When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer.”

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
Wonder if we have 2-way radio's (walkey talkey) can we tune in to the same channel and all speak??  Might be useful.. I have 2x kits

Offline Jimpreza111

• beards comin in nice
Not sure what my plans are yet but this looks enticing. I haven't formally met many of the other members here and this looks like a great opportunity.
What is Sylvan's policy on dogs in the park area as I would probably bring my big mutt with me.
Also my wife makes some great snacks and we're both decent grill masters willing to possibly take a turn on the grill.
Of course I'd have to check with her if she's interested but I certainly am.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
Not sure what my plans are yet but this looks enticing. I haven't formally met many of the other members here and this looks like a great opportunity.
What is Sylvan's policy on dogs in the park area as I would probably bring my big mutt with me.
Also my wife makes some great snacks and we're both decent grill masters willing to possibly take a turn on the grill.
Of course I'd have to check with her if she's interested but I certainly am.

I can't find anything probiting dogs in the park! The park we will be at is called Centennial Park (along Lakeshore). I presume it would be allowed but I don't think it's an off-leash area with many people around.

I just actually did find however that people can reserve picnic tables/ huts with BBQ hook-ups for family/ friend gathering. I've just sent the coordinator an email to inquire on pricing of this :D 

Offline Jimpreza111

• beards comin in nice
Well the wife says she'd be interested, more so for a day on the beach than the cars, lol.
I can bring football (american), ball gloves & ball and some snacks and lawn chairs.
Any preference on the snacks?
I also may get my neighbor to come with his 2010 WRX once he's done rebuilding the engine.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
Well the wife says she'd be interested, more so for a day on the beach than the cars, lol.
I can bring football (american), ball gloves & ball and some snacks and lawn chairs.
Any preference on the snacks?
I also may get my neighbor to come with his 2010 WRX once he's done rebuilding the engine.

We're not gonna be standing around the cars much I think, we're gonna need to find parking wherever so it's not the kind of meetup where we're gonna be lined up in a row or anything hahaha.. 

I talked to a friend who says the last time (last year) they went to Sylvan, there were signs saying no dogs in this specifici park (Cenntenial Park) as it's the beach and children etc. There's a desginated dog park off-leash I guess.. So I'd say to be safe they wouldn't allow dogs.  Double check though if anyone else is interested; At your own risk!

Waiting to hear back on reserving a gazebo/ picnic area and will update when I do :D  If costs are minimal I might just pay, if they're a bit I'll see if people are interested and we could potentially pool together a couple bucks each to have a reserved area. I can't see it being more than $100 at the very maximum for reseving for a few hours.. Verrrryy maximum.

Offline Jimpreza111

• beards comin in nice
Okay I'll leave the pooch at home, poor guy gets discriminated against once the word beach is involved.   :(
What's the head count thus far?
I haven't voted on the food yet is that how your keeping track of participants?
I would kick in a bit of $ if we get a reserved area.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
Okay I'll leave the pooch at home, poor guy gets discriminated against once the word beach is involved.   :(
What's the head count thus far?
I haven't voted on the food yet is that how your keeping track of participants?
I would kick in a bit of $ if we get a reserved area.

The voting will give a rough number for us to keep track, but I'm pretty sure we'll just end up getting a box of each burger/hotdog/buns because they probably come in like 20 packs or so at Costco. I can't foresee there being more than 30 people as of now (and based on the previous planning thread)

Offline k_LX

• beards comin in nice
  • Ride: '14 Prancer
The voting will give a rough number for us to keep track, but I'm pretty sure we'll just end up getting a box of each burger/hotdog/buns because they probably come in like 20 packs or so at Costco. I can't foresee there being more than 30 people as of now (and based on the previous planning thread)

Oh, I see we decided on where we are getting the meat from then?  :P  Costco sounds good to me.
"Nice car, what do those retail for?"
"More than you can afford, pal!  Ferrari.."

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
Oh, I see we decided on where we are getting the meat from then?  :P  Costco sounds good to me.

Well, I'll probably contribute I don't think we'll need much haha I figured either of us can just pick it up - I'll definitly like to pitch in, and wherever.  ;D ;D

Offline diamondedge

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • stir fryin' noobs
  • Ride: 2007 WRX, 2004 FXT
I have minimal skill at flipping burgs.

And also I can bring a frisbee. And maybe carry stuff/people because wagon. :)

^Click^
sig by shpixx x diamondedge

Offline leitakaoka

• Stubbly Faced
  • IG: @leiftamagotchi
  • Ride: 08' WRX
Instead of purchasing Walkie Talkies,
there is an app for both Android and iPhone called "Zello"
We can make a group that requires a password so only we can join it
and all connect through there. Works the same way as a walkie talkie.
Also, if we decide to use that, I would recommend that everyone bring headphones.
Sometimes it gets a little hard to hear without them.

Offline Jaeger

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 1997 legacy grand wagon 250 cruiser
I'm down and should be able to bring some pops and such in a cooler and maybe some yard games not sure yet, but the dates perfect, I leave to southern BC the next morning! i should be able to bring a few friends as well and really fill the wagon.

Offline Alkzander

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2015 BRZ
Myself and NewYorkReloaded will be there, We will grab some soda and juice as well.

Offline GrahamB

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2015 STi Sport
I was really looking forward to this meet. Unfortunately I'm working security for the Blink182 show and will not be able to make it. Oh well if it turns out good there is always next year especially if it has the dedication and planning that it has had this year.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
T-Minues ~14 Days!!  Looking forward to the cruise(s) and the day in the park!!  8)

Offline DaDuke99

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • For the Swarm!
  • Ride: 13 DGM STI, 03 Forester 2.5X, 01 Forester S, 92 Justy
I can't adequately explain how stoked I am for this...  I took time off for it, and that week is literally the only time I'll be home until likely October.  ;D

Offline Canuckrz

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 Lexus IS350
I can't adequately explain how stoked I am for this...  I took time off for it, and that week is literally the only time I'll be home until likely October.  ;D
Time to change the date back to the 23rd.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx

Offline Polaris

• beards comin in nice
  • Couldn't become a real doctor
  • Ride: 2005 LGT
Excited! Anyone been to Wild Rapids Waterslide Park before? Haven't been to any water-park in years and apparently they're shutting down after this summer! I might have my crappy DSLR with me as well. Or film if it's not expired.