Author Topic: diamondedge's 2008 Subaru Legacy GT spec.B - "It's got a leveling kit now"  (Read 1352 times)

Offline diamondedge

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • stir fryin' noobs
  • Ride: 2007 WRX, 2008 spec.B
I just did the same Bilsteins as an upgrade from the OEM KYB's in my 2011 Ouback 3.6R. I have to say that even with the higher ride height of the Outback and still sporting the stock springs, I experienced the same changes as you have with the Legacy. I couldn't believe how much better the damping was alone. The car used to feel grossly loose.

I do wish that I would have upgraded to the 2013-2014 OEM springs (better spring rate) if not something superior while I was at it, but I'll get to that eventually, maybe when I finally pull the trigger on a lift.

Ooo. That sounds pretty sweet! If the Outback springs are longer, my faux-suspension engineer brain tells me the entire stroke length of the damper will be used, which is good! Compared to lowering springs
and less travel before internal bump stop. Sweet!!

^Click^
sig by shpixx x diamondedge

Offline deedz

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2004 Subaru WRX Sport Wagon JBP [1st Subaru]
Ooo. That sounds pretty sweet! If the Outback springs are longer, my faux-suspension engineer brain tells me the entire stroke length of the damper will be used, which is good! Compared to lowering springs
and less travel before internal bump stop. Sweet!!

Previously, I missed the posted info. that yours are the B8 model and they're designed specifically to be paired with aftermarket lowering springs. I went with the B6 model specific to the Outback, which simply have a longer stroke. I should have clarified that as my previous post could have made it seem like I got the exact same Bilstein's.

Very nice Legacy by the way!
| 04 WRX [STi'd] Sport Wagon JBP | V7 EJ207 | V8 6-Speed/R180 | SOLD 02 WRX Sport Wagon PSM | Rebuilt EJ205 | 4EAT | SOLD 04 Forester XT PSM | 5-Speed | 07 Forester XT Limited OBP | Built EJ257 | 4EAT | SOLD 03 Subaru Forester XS Premium AW | No Engine | 11 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited CBS | EZ36 | 5EAT | 99 GMC Sierra Classic SLE Z71 SGM | 6.0L LQ4/4L65E Swap | 05 Chevrolet Silverado SS AWD SBM | 6.0L LQ9 | 4L65E |

Offline diamondedge

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • stir fryin' noobs
  • Ride: 2007 WRX, 2008 spec.B
Previously, I missed the posted info. that yours are the B8 model and they're designed specifically to be paired with aftermarket lowering springs. I went with the B6 model specific to the Outback, which simply have a longer stroke. I should have clarified that as my previous post could have made it seem like I got the exact same Bilstein's.

Very nice Legacy by the way!

Ahh yeah I had a feeling you got B6's with the Outback stroke. Thank you :)

3.6L so burly

^Click^
sig by shpixx x diamondedge