Author Topic: Watchdogs 2  (Read 1325 times)

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2015 Audi S4 6MT
Watchdogs 2
« on: June 09, 2016, 12:58:54 pm »

I really enjoyed the first Watchdogs. It had it's issues, but overall it was a new spin on the GTA sandbox style game. Glad to see they're making a new one, because they could polish a lot of areas that needed it, and put together a very good game. Looking forward to it.

E3 should have some awesome stuff coming out over the next week, looking forward to it!

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
Re: Watchdogs 2
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 11:03:34 am »
Clearly no love on here for Watchdogs? lol

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 Lexus IS350
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 11:06:46 am »
First one was a massive flop and disappointment and the poster boy for deceiving customers with the graphics in the pre release game play footage. Then on top of that they kneecapped the PC version to make it look as bad as the console versions and locked away all the graphics adjustments. Then the community found how to access those adjustments and ubisoft tried to patch the game to break access to them again. I personally choose not to support those kinds of grimy business tactics.

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 12:32:32 pm »
Had no idea of that, I could see having a bitter taste in ones mouth. I run console, so had no idea of the PC restrictions, that's weak. As for graphics, I never expect a game to launch as nice as E3 videos. But then again I usually don't pay attention to E3.

That said, I enjoyed the first watchdogs, even with it's quirks. They have a platform in place to really polish it, so I would expect a big jump for the second title. I really enjoyed the concept, GTA but different.

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 Lexus IS350
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 01:06:10 pm »
I can't deny that one can enjoy the game regardless of the graphics etc, though I would still argue the game play itself was very over hyped as well. Just very anti-consumer practice selling people on the game based on those graphics, then releasing this.

Additionally ubisoft put in place a review embaro on the game for the day of release so that no one could see what they had done to the game before they bought it. And they went so far as to call any views that broke the embargo as "fake".

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/05/19/ubisoft-warns-of-fake-early-watch-dogs-reviews/

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 08:48:12 pm »
I get that people are upset about them handicapping the game and not living up to an E3 trailer.

But honestly, I watched that video and while I saw a difference, it wasn't that much. If they would have showed a trailer for  what actually launched, people would have still liked it. I think there were a lot of console limitations at the time, remember this was a relatively brand new console. The graphics in the trailer looked better, but you can say that about 99% of game IMO.

I feel this is nitpicking personally. But either way, I'm looking forward to the new one. And I do expect a nice upgrade this time around.