Author Topic: Shock Revalve  (Read 1413 times)

Offline THE EDJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • THE EDJ on Flickr
  • Ride: Explorer
Shock Revalve
« on: June 29, 2016, 01:17:26 pm »
Overall I am quite happy with my Enduro, but the one thing I'd like to improve is the suspension control. The bike has Fox CTD suspension all around and it just doesn't offer the motion control tuning I'd like to set the bike up for what I like to do.

Anyone have some experience with companies like Push? If so what service did you use and how did you like or notice the difference afterwards?

My thought is that this would be much cheaper than buying new suspension while giving me a better handling ride.
"Experiencing the world through endless second hand information isn't enough. If we want authenticity, we have to initiate it." ~ Travis Rice
THE EDJ on flickr

Offline Claw

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05LGT | [s]06S2k[/s]
Re: Shock Revalve
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 02:48:10 pm »
I bought a used frame from Pinkbike, the previous owner had the CTD modified by Craig Seekins @ Avalanche for a 200 lb rider.  I'm 220, I should get it revalved (or lose some weight - I'm working on that), but it feels "good 'nuff" for me.

My previous shock was the RP23, the CTD modified vs the stock RP23 is very noticeable.
They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Offline Longlivetheride

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: Nissan Juke Nismo, Nissan Frontier,Fix - Cronus Rally MSport R2
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 08:54:34 am »
Push Stuff is cool

More Local stuff is Suspensionwerks (they can push tune too) the cartridge start failing after a while of riding

http://suspensionwerx.com/ 

Offline THE EDJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • THE EDJ on Flickr
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 11:33:08 am »
Push Stuff is cool

More Local stuff is Suspensionwerks (they can push tune too) the cartridge start failing after a while of riding

http://suspensionwerx.com/

The Push cartridges start failing? Do they just need a rebuild/regular maintenance once in a while?
"Experiencing the world through endless second hand information isn't enough. If we want authenticity, we have to initiate it." ~ Travis Rice
THE EDJ on flickr

Offline Longlivetheride

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 06:00:07 pm »
sorry the reg cartridge fails over time. There is no funky maintenance besides the usual with the push upgrade

Offline kold911

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2014 forester XT, 1/2 of a 2003 wrx
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 08:30:26 pm »
Thought I'd bump this..  any newer recommendations on a fox float ctd rebuild? Suspensionwerx still one of the better ones?
Is it worth going to a push system? Or just get a full rebuild? Thankz
Jeff

Offline THE EDJ

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • THE EDJ on Flickr
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 09:28:09 am »
Thought I'd bump this..  any newer recommendations on a fox float ctd rebuild? Suspensionwerx still one of the better ones?

I ended up having mine rebuilt by Fox via the local bike shop. My fork and shock were the base "Evolution" model so there wasn't any ability to custom tune the dampers like I wanted to do. To do anything with the rear shock I basically needed to buy a new shock so it didn't turn out to be worth it to me.
THE EDJ on flickr

Offline Longlivetheride

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 11:07:31 am »

The best thing i have seen recently is the use of the SKS seals on fox forks that are installed after market is some bike shops or places like suspension werxs. The push systems are good but without spending lots of money and stepping up to a system like a fit cartridge or another brand that is more adjustable  i personally didn't find it to be a "need to have" upgrade . I would start with the rebuild and go from there .