Author Topic: 2012 STi Hands Free Steering Wheel Button  (Read 1218 times)

Offline h0ax

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2012 STi Plasma Blue
2012 STi Hands Free Steering Wheel Button
« on: July 06, 2016, 11:03:16 pm »
I'm not too sure if this is the place that this goes but I assume the hands free is linked to the Pioneer AVIC-X930BT that comes standard with the Sports Package.......if not then well I do hope someone can still help me.  I haven't touched this button on my steering wheel in ages but I recently got a S7 and it isn't pairing properly and I saw a fix was to do it through the hands free button and voice registration.  Now here is where my issue is, when I hit this hands free button it just takes me screen to the "phone" screen on the deck, there is no audible que speaking to me or anything.  I have unpaired my phone and tried it and same thing just takes me to the phone page on the deck, I don't know what exactly is going on since I remember before when I hit this button it would ask me for voice commands.

I was wondering if some guru here would be able to tell me what demon has possessed my car and why in the hell my button which is supposed to be hands free activation and have my car speaking to me is only acting like a short cut to the phone screen on this deck.  I've clicked on the factory reset button on the deck hoping it would fix the issue but that did nothing other then reset my colors and wipe out all my paired Bluetooth devices and the button still doesn't do a damn thing.

Help me Obi Wan Kanobi you're my only hope!!
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers.