Author Topic: Pokémon Go  (Read 10486 times)

Offline Player One

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Jack of some trades, master of none
  • Ride: 13 WRX Hatch
Re: Pokémon Go
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2016, 01:15:53 pm »
Catching lots of low level pokemon. At what point is it worth it to start dumping dust + candy into them?
I've been told a good trick with pidgey's is to catch all of them and evolve them once and then transfer them. Their evolution cost is low and will give you a good bang-for-your-buck bump in xp.
I've been keeping the highest CP of each pokemon I catch and transferring the rest

Offline Stealthbombing

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: BMW 135i M
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2016, 01:17:29 pm »
iPhone - Setup a US iTunes account
Android - Download the APK from a trustworthy source.

As for location spoofing, you need a rooted or jailbroken device and a GPS spoofing app. So you'd need to open the app and manually update your spoofed location, and then relaunch pokemon go. It's very clunky.

Lot's of people have time. I have a ton of friends who are getting out there, walking around their neighborhoods in the evening. Get out there and pound the pavement, and stop cheating the system.

Nope no jailbreak needed, an yes you need an iphone, the game is already cheated as most gyms have all rare pokemon either way it will take you forever to evolve something to battle it or get lucky finding one. I found a Hitmonchamp today CP 301 downtown and cant seem to find anything even close to rare.
*** PM Me for quotes on parts for wholesale price !!***
Stella -
http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=47765.msg579306#msg579306

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2016, 01:20:33 pm »
I've been told a good trick with pidgey's is to catch all of them and evolve them once and then transfer them. Their evolution cost is low and will give you a good bang-for-your-buck bump in xp.
I've been keeping the highest CP of each pokemon I catch and transferring the rest

I've been keeping highest + transferring. I've transferred like 50 pidgeys. And drowzees. Guess I'll sit on the pidgeys and evolve then transfer. I'm just seeing gyms with 1000+CP pokemon, and get one shot.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
  • Ride: 2020 Tacoma TRD | i used to have a cool wrx
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2016, 01:36:43 pm »
Best tip is to do the math calculation on how many candy's you'll need and how many you can evolve. So if you have like 100 pidgey's, then transfer 90 to get more candy. Then, get a rare egg for double xp - THEN evolve 10x pigey and you get like 5000xp each time or something like that..... Cuz some you can only evolve once..

As your character level increases, so does the CP of what you find. I've slowly begun finding now 200+'s, I got a 200 pikachu and such in downtown today.

But going outside is all the fun. I don't think it would be as fun sitting inside .. it's the entire point. Going out with some people and walking around. Just on my lunch break went over to startbucks - 6 other people I walked into playing and they all chatted me up and said "what did you get from this pokestop" lol... no joke..

The gym's I've seen have had some level 600's and such. There's guy on Reddit who are level 25 and find level 1,800CP pokemon's and they're doing it fully legit! (The tip above is mentioned for evolving is the absolute best).

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 1999 Pajero, 1999 Evo VI, 1995 Evo III
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2016, 01:41:39 pm »
Lot's of people have time. I have a ton of friends who are getting out there, walking around their neighborhoods in the evening. Get out there and pound the pavement, and stop cheating the system.

A friend of mine has walked 53km already.
The 3 is raw.  Lighter than more agile.  The 6 probably feels like a 747.  And by that contrast, my STI probably feels like the Hindenburg.  So GR's are like the International Space Station.

Offline Player One

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2016, 01:55:52 pm »
But going outside is all the fun. I don't think it would be as fun sitting inside .. it's the entire point. Going out with some people and walking around. Just on my lunch break went over to startbucks - 6 other people I walked into playing and they all chatted me up and said "what did you get from this pokestop" lol... no joke..
I just read here that you have a better chance at rare pokemon in groups as well.

A friend of mine has walked 53km already.
holy itshay. I just had 2 eggs hatch that were 0.5/2km this morning; apparently I've walked 1.5km today while sitting at my desk...

Offline Stealthbombing

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2016, 02:05:52 pm »
I caught a Magicarp yesterday, it needs 400 Candies to evolve into Gyarados. thats just insane...
Stella -

Offline Stehle

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 13 Abarth, 07 FX4
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2016, 02:38:08 pm »
iPhone - Setup a US iTunes account
Android - Download the APK from a trustworthy source.

As for location spoofing, you need a rooted or jailbroken device and a GPS spoofing app. So you'd need to open the app and manually update your spoofed location, and then relaunch pokemon go. It's very clunky.

Based on the screenshots his GPS spoofing is built into the APK itself?

Offline Markkenko

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 1998 Version 5 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type R V-Limited
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2016, 02:52:00 pm »
Here is the APK that I used for any of you that want it. Please download it at your own risk.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3Rnabf7H72faVpiZlJ2bXdGTU0&usp=sharing

I haven't put much time into the game. Really thinking I will soon though. The more I hear about it, the more I want to play. I probably saw 100+ people running around and playing around the legislature grounds this afternoon during my lunch break. Tons of spots around.

Offline kehuynh

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 03 Crown Estate ATH V, 04 Crown Athlete EX: 90 Mazda MX-5, 03 Infiniti M45
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2016, 08:09:13 pm »
I beat a gym at West Edmonton mall today. Then some guy came in and snatched it right when I beat the gym  >:( >:(

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2016, 08:53:27 pm »
Just got back from Chinatown.   It's f*cking ridiculous!!  Soooooooo many people - like groups, hoards, in 5+ at a time, all looking at the real world through their phones of the Pokemon. It's amazing omg!!
People were talking to each other saying "go over by that stone wall there's a ____ there!!!"   oh man hahahaha ;D ;D ;D   

If anyone wants to go hunting hit me up ;D

Offline Player One

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2016, 01:02:14 am »
Just got back from Chinatown.   It's f*cking ridiculous!!  Soooooooo many people - like groups, hoards, in 5+ at a time, all looking at the real world through their phones of the Pokemon. It's amazing omg!!
People were talking to each other saying "go over by that stone wall there's a ____ there!!!"   oh man hahahaha ;D ;D ;D   

If anyone wants to go hunting hit me up ;D
I went to prince's island tonight and it was the same thing. This game is nuts!

Offline HiTempguy

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 1993 Legassy Tubr0/1995 STi
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2016, 07:51:34 am »
Holy itshay stealth, do you work downtown??? Soooo many pokestops!

I live in the burbs of Edmonton and work in an industrial area, its a good day if I see 5 pokestops lol :(

Offline Stealthbombing

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2016, 08:05:48 am »
Yup that is downtown, it seems like there is a pokestop on every corner but 1/3 of them dont seem to give you anything for some reason.

What everyone's top Pokemon look like ? and how do you obtain a great ball without purchasing ?

Stella -

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2016, 08:10:11 am »
Yup that is downtown, it seems like there is a pokestop on every corner but 1/3 of them dont seem to give you anything for some reason.

What everyone's top Pokemon look like ? and how do you obtain a great ball without purchasing ?

You cheated, though. So.. gtfo plz.

Offline Stehle

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 13 Abarth, 07 FX4
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2016, 08:26:02 am »
You cheated, though. So.. gtfo plz.

Haters gon' hate.  >:D

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2016, 08:26:52 am »
I was running around Chinatown last night - by myself - having so much f*cking fun ;D ;D   

Offline Stealthbombing

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2016, 08:30:31 am »
haha no need to be so salty, just curious to what people have.
Stella -

Offline lynx440

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2016, 10:03:23 am »
Pokémon Go...Star Trek TNG had it first!

Offline Player One

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2016, 10:24:51 am »
you unlock great balls at level 12 and can get them at pokestops after that. http://www.androidcentral.com/definitive-list-pokemon-go-levels-and-unlockable-items

Just got to lvl 14 last night

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2016, 10:34:03 am »

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2016, 10:34:40 am »
I've got some lucky eggs, saving up for 20 pidgey and 10 ratata evolves for insane xp ;D

Offline Markkenko

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2016, 10:39:08 am »
I stopped in Griesbach last night. There are a TON of pokestops in the neighbourhood (due to all of the memorial plaques and what not). The main lake and amphitheatre have three pokestops that you can get at once. People are constantly dropping lure modules on them as well, and so there were literally 200 people there till about 11:30 last night. There are also 3-4 pokestops around the lake, two gyms within 300m, and a few more pokestops just within the neighbourhood. Crazy.... I would hate to live right on the street next to the amphitheatre. SOOO many people.

I am also hitting up the Leg with my brother for lunch today, and we plan on playing the entire time haha. Officially into the game now  :P

How have you gotten lucky eggs? I want to pick some up, but really don't want to pay.

Offline Player One

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2016, 10:51:50 am »
How have you gotten lucky eggs? I want to pick some up, but really don't want to pay.
I've gotten 2 as level up rewards (lvl 9, 10, one coming at 15) and I think 1 at a pokestop.

Offline Markkenko

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2016, 10:54:28 am »
I've gotten 2 as level up rewards (lvl 9, 10, one coming at 15) and I think 1 at a pokestop.

Ahh, fair enough. I'm at level 8, so I should be getting them soon then!