Author Topic: NFL 2016 Season Thread  (Read 1475 times)

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2015 Audi S4 6MT
NFL 2016 Season Thread
« on: August 30, 2016, 01:02:21 pm »
Who's everyone's favorite teams? Predictions for this year?

My team is the Titans, who suck lol. They're on the upswing at least.

As for this year, the Cards, Panthers, Seahawks, GB will all have good years. Broncos will see a drop, KC likely takes that division, with maybe the Raiders pushing them. Patriots will probably take their division, but they won't have a stellar year. The Jags have potential for a big year as well, lots of new high draft picks on D.

Offline Player One

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Jack of some trades, master of none
  • Ride: 13 WRX Hatch
Re: NFL 2016 Season Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 01:41:53 pm »
Rams fan here. They'll finish 8-8 if Gurley stays healthy, which he won't because Jeff Fisher is going to give him 400 touches because he's their only offensive weapon - Rams will finish the season 7-9 and without Gurley. I'll still cheer for them because they'll beat the Seahawks at least once and I can use that to silence my friends who are Seahawks fans, most of which can't name a player from earlier than 2012.

I think the Panthers win it. Seahawks take a step back because Russ is no longer a virgin and has lost his virgin related superpowers (whatever those were). Broncos will finish 8-8.

Offline lynx440

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 02:17:09 pm »
Bears fan here.  I'm not enthused about the outlook of this year.  Moves in the offseason seemed to point towards a much better defense, but the preseason hasn't shown any of that. 
Highly doubt the Bears escape their division this year again.  The injury to Bridgewater today helps, but until the cheese heads suffer a major injury loss, the Bears don't have much hope. 

KC definitely looks to take their division this year.  In fact, a Cheifs/Panthers superbowl looks likely to me. Wouldn't mind if the Card's knocked off the Panthers too. 

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 03:09:10 pm »
Rams fan here. They'll finish 8-8 if Gurley stays healthy, which he won't because Jeff Fisher is going to give him 400 touches because he's their only offensive weapon - Rams will finish the season 7-9 and without Gurley. I'll still cheer for them because they'll beat the Seahawks at least once and I can use that to silence my friends who are Seahawks fans, most of which can't name a player from earlier than 2012.

I think the Panthers win it. Seahawks take a step back because Russ is no longer a virgin and has lost his virgin related superpowers (whatever those were). Broncos will finish 8-8.

How do you feel about Goff? Jeff Fisher, as a Titans fan, tell me about it man... I was so happy when we finally let him go. It boggles my mind that someone so average has lasted so long.

I'll be paying attention to the Rams this year in hopes that they're awful. Mainly because we have you 1st next year, and it would be fantastic if it were a top 5 or 10 pick. Our secondary sucks, and I want the best CB in the draft. That and a WR1 and my team is in business.

Wilson showed great things when Lynch went down. Now that they're not leaning on the run, their offense has opened up. Not sure they'll regress for another year or two once they start losing guys due to the cap. As for the Broncos, I'd agree with 8-8.

Bears fan here.  I'm not enthused about the outlook of this year.  Moves in the offseason seemed to point towards a much better defense, but the preseason hasn't shown any of that. 
Highly doubt the Bears escape their division this year again.  The injury to Bridgewater today helps, but until the cheese heads suffer a major injury loss, the Bears don't have much hope. 

KC definitely looks to take their division this year.  In fact, a Cheifs/Panthers superbowl looks likely to me. Wouldn't mind if the Card's knocked off the Panthers too. 

That Bridgewater injury sounds pretty bad. 25min in and they cancel practice and send him to a trauma center. Acl/mcl I'd assume. We play them week 1, so I think we can win if we can stop Peterson.

The Bears haven't drafted a new QB yet have they? I'd have to think the reign of Cutler is coming to a close. And you'll need to lock Jeffrey down to a long term deal, didn't seem like he wanted to stay last year from what I read.

Offline Cagare

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2004 Corvette Z06, 2019 G70, 2015 Grand Caravan
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 03:23:59 pm »
Lions fan here, and I know, it's not looking very good.  I don't predict they have a chance of winning the division this year, and can only help for a wild card berth in the playoffs.  I don't know that Boldin is going to be everything they think he is.  The linebacker situation is a mess, so I am concerned about their ability to stop the run, which is a huge problem for them in the division. 

I have been reading they plan to run an up-tempo offense, and I really do not think that will fit with Stafford.

In the end I think Quinn brought Austin from the Patriots to run the defense so he could eventually make him head coach but could not do it right away because he lacks the credibility.  So Caldwell is likely a fixture till Thanksgiving (American).  If the lions are 3-9 after that then I think he will lose his job and Austin will become the interim coach to the end of the season at which point Quinn hands him the reins.

Nice thing is I am only 1 hour away from the stadium so I am already hitting the Thanksgiving game vs the Vikings and may pick up a late season game after that if the tickets are cheap.  Maybe the packers on New Years day.

Offline Player One

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 03:33:47 pm »
How do you feel about Goff? Jeff Fisher, as a Titans fan, tell me about it man... I was so happy when we finally let him go. It boggles my mind that someone so average has lasted so long.

I'll be paying attention to the Rams this year in hopes that they're awful. Mainly because we have you 1st next year, and it would be fantastic if it were a top 5 or 10 pick. Our secondary sucks, and I want the best CB in the draft. That and a WR1 and my team is in business.

Wilson showed great things when Lynch went down. Now that they're not leaning on the run, their offense has opened up. Not sure they'll regress for another year or two once they start losing guys due to the cap. As for the Broncos, I'd agree with 8-8.
He's so mediocre and it's frustrating. That trade had me thinking that maybe Fisher was planted in the Rams org by the Titans and made that trade to help them out /sarcasm. I don't know a lot about Goff but from what I've read and gather, he's either a long term project (which the Rams won't be patient enough to develop properly because they don't have a QB1 right now) or he'll be a bust of epic proportions because of how much we traded to get him. At least RG3 had some excitement surrounding his game when Washington gave us all of those picks. I guess it's one of those easy come, easy go scenarios.

I don't think they'll be so awful in that they'll be a draft lottery contender, but they will be overachieving if they reach .500 imo. NFC West will be Cards > Hawks > Rams > Niners but as usual, Rams will be above .500 in their division.

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 04:10:36 pm »
He's so mediocre and it's frustrating. That trade had me thinking that maybe Fisher was planted in the Rams org by the Titans and made that trade to help them out /sarcasm. I don't know a lot about Goff but from what I've read and gather, he's either a long term project (which the Rams won't be patient enough to develop properly because they don't have a QB1 right now) or he'll be a bust of epic proportions because of how much we traded to get him. At least RG3 had some excitement surrounding his game when Washington gave us all of those picks. I guess it's one of those easy come, easy go scenarios.

I don't think they'll be so awful in that they'll be a draft lottery contender, but they will be overachieving if they reach .500 imo. NFC West will be Cards > Hawks > Rams > Niners but as usual, Rams will be above .500 in their division.

Lol, I've heard that joke, best thing Fisher did for us. The fact they were the benefactor of the RGIII trade and then gave up what they did for Goff is pretty ironic. I didn't think any QB in this past class was worth a top pick, then 2 teams give up a bunch. The Eagles are in a bad way too, Wentz is already injured.

That division is very intriguing. The Rams have been a below average team for some time, yet they always play the much better division rivals quite well, and win hallf or more. Worst thing the 9ers did was trade Smith and pay Kap, that team is a train wreck. Watching Chip go down with it should be very entertaining.

Offline Player One

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 11:15:54 am »
I enjoyed Chip as a college coach but the shock of running a college offense in the NFL runs it's course pretty quickly.

Not sure what'll happen with Deadspin now that Gawker is done but these are usually good for a couple of laughs: http://deadspin.com/tag/why-your-team-sucks-2016

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 11:55:31 am »
The Eagles were exciting to watch the first year of Chip. But then teams figured it out, he's done in the NFL. Plus, Chip absolutely destroyed that franchise. They had a very solid roster, then he shipped out all the talent for pennies on the dollar and made some stupid trades. Bradfor is awful, as is Daniels, yet both have $20M+ contracts. Then they trade up to get Wentz, that franchise is in so much trouble right now.

Offline Player One

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 12:08:54 pm »
I fully agree and I also have no problems with it. If the NFC East all crashes and burns, that's 4 fewer teams the Rams need to compete with for a wildcard spot (wishful thinking).