Author Topic: How to adjust window travel-up limit.  (Read 1840 times)

Offline greatnorthgnome

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2002 Impreza wrx
How to adjust window travel-up limit.
« on: October 07, 2016, 01:42:37 pm »
Probably not something most people would need to do, maybe if you changed the door or glass. Or in my case the limit stops came loose which made my door difficult to close since the glass was hitting the door trim.

Its very easy! First remove your door card which is the hardest step, (lots of good tutorials for that).

Then peal back the vapor barrier to expose these two little tabs (Smaller bolt head in the photo nestled in the slot).

These are what you'll use to adjust the height limit. All I did was loosen them off, then jog the window up and down carefully closing my door to compare the window edges to my door trim. I basically wanted the window to sit flush and not rub whilst closing the door.

Once I found that position I just tightened up those tabs, they slide down from the top so snugging them up is all you should need to do. Just make sure the tabs did not get hung up on a burr or something and is actually touching the actuator stop.

Super simple, most people would be able to figure it out without a little tutorial. However I never found good photos of what these tabs looked like so, here they are.

Offline GrantC

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Motorsports is fun.
  • Ride: Fender stripes, a high flow cat, yellow high beams, and an exhaust.
Re: How to adjust window travel-up limit.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 03:16:59 pm »
Neat! Thanks.

Offline pistachoo

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Messing with kids' minds since 2001
  • Ride: '06 STi
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 10:06:46 pm »
Bah! My driver side window is doing exactly this! (after having the window smashed in and replaced in Aug) ...so tired of having to close the door twice.

Thanks for the tutorial!
'Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.'
~ Calvin ~

Offline greatnorthgnome

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2002 Impreza wrx
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 11:52:51 pm »
No problem  ;)