Author Topic: XDP Brake Flasher Module  (Read 1263 times)

Offline BrebSTi

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: Layla ('06 STi) - SOLD
XDP Brake Flasher Module
« on: October 17, 2016, 01:23:17 pm »
I was looking for a brake light module for the center brake light on my STi to either help prevent my car from getting written off due to a rear end and also a cool Formula 1 type mod.

I first looked at the Backoff light which was a little more expensive so I held off. I noticed the Xtreme Design and Performance module was on a group buy on WSC so I checked them out. Was a little skeptical as I am sometimes when the price seems to good to be true. Also, got a good review from Stehle who has three as he mentioned below.

I have it set on only the 3rd brake light flash 4 times then go solid until I release the brake pedal but there are tones of different settings if you want something different.

I have the module installed for 3 months now with no issues. Install was super easy, just a matter of cutting the third brake light and installing the connectors tucked away on the passenger side of the trunk. To remove it all I will need to to is pull out the module and connect the brake wires back up.

I am very happy with the product and would for sure buy the unit again for a future car. I will try to post a video up of the brake cycle.

http://www.3rdbrakeflasher.com/brake-light-flasher-c-65/universal-brake-light-flasherstrober-m1-model-p-181.html

Offline Stehle

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 13 Abarth, 07 FX4
Re: XDP Brake Flasher Module
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 01:36:49 pm »
Glad it worked out for you.
I've had 3 of these and they also worked without fail for me.

Probably best priced ones on the market. Work best with LED if you're looking for quick strobe, but will also work with incandescent as long as you reduce the strobe speed.
Also, can handle up to 100W on one chip which was a bonus for me as I was using lights that were above wattage for many other common flashers.

I'm going to be installing one on my Ford Ranger third brake light, as well as my VW third brake light. :)