Author Topic: WSC-Ski/Snowboard Trip to Sunshine 1/14/17 (Post your pictures)  (Read 9504 times)

Offline Jimpreza111

• beards comin in nice
Re: Western Subaru Club - Ski/Snowboard Trip to Sunshine
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2016, 11:50:58 AM »
Okay, lets try this again.

I have put up weekend dates as options above. Please vote and if you select other please make a suggestion in the thread and I will add it to the poll.

Offline Dylan780

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 1994 1.8L Miata, 2003 Legacy GTB
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2016, 12:46:47 PM »
I will be there for sure, but I will most likely already be in Banff when you guys show up as I am there usually 3 weekends a month. But I will definitely meet up for a few runs/chalet beers!

Offline honz

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: '10 FXT & the Thugeye
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2016, 01:26:50 PM »
Wow, $95! Looks like I may need to re-evaluate my career choice.

My Jones is jonesin to get out, I'll venture out sometime and if there's a group then it's more likely.
entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity

Offline jg30rg

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2007 WRX 6 Speed
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2016, 01:29:42 PM »
I'd be in as well! For me the dec 17/18 weekend works best as I'll be done final exams by then.

Offline Polaris

• beards comin in nice
  • Couldn't become a real doctor
  • Ride: 2005 LGT
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2016, 03:02:00 PM »
The woes of late exams, my last final is on the 20 haha, voted for one of the January dates :p

Offline darthekai

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • I CANT STOP POOPING
    • My Webpage
  • Ride: 2000 OBS EJ222 +MFT, KTM Duke 390, 1996 Ford E350 SD ambulance
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2016, 03:50:10 PM »
I'm interested.
What man put together, man can rend asunder and then also put it together sometimes what's all this left over stuff
Subaru Ford (sold) Toyota

Offline nosale

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: SG XTi
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2016, 05:28:24 PM »
Historically the first and second week of January have had the best snowfalls (aside for most of February). If I was going for best chances of good snow, I'd plan for one of those weeks.

Offline RedBimmer93

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2016, 09:48:38 PM »
This has been discussed before. I am glad you are putting the legwork in and pushing towards making this thing a reality >:D

In! >:D

Offline Jimpreza111

• beards comin in nice
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2016, 07:55:47 AM »
I'm the only one to vote for the earliest date but I am fine with any of them really.
Just want to hit the slopes 8)

Offline cmyles

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 90 Miata
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2016, 09:31:46 AM »
I'm forced off work from the 16th to January 2nd, so if anybody wants to go in those times hit me up!
I will be making as many trips to the mountains as I can and don't want to go alone.
Current Vehicles
// 1990 Miata MX-5 || 09 WRX Hatch \\

Past Vehicles:
01 S/TB, 08 Spec.B, 05 Foz, 05 A4, 06 IS350, 05 LGT, 06 2.5i, 07 STi, 04 WRX, 95 GC8, 95 BG5, 94 EJ1

Offline Dylan780

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2016, 10:18:14 AM »
I'm forced off work from the 16th to January 2nd, so if anybody wants to go in those times hit me up!
I will be making as many trips to the mountains as I can and don't want to go alone.

Chances are I will be going up a few times, I will let you know a few days prior whenever I go!

Offline Jimpreza111

• beards comin in nice
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2016, 10:20:46 AM »

I have the Dec 23-Jan 2 off and would like to hit the mountain somewhere in there. I'd be down for a trip!

Offline WAGOWN

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: Ver. 7 STi Sport Wagon
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2016, 12:41:30 PM »
Wow what a great deal they offer for groups. The management of Scumshine are a bunch of crooks. Anyone remember when they fired all their tenured staff and still sold full price tickets to customers for only two lifts running?

What a itsholeshay. That's just my .02 though.
02 WRX, 97 OBS, 03 WRX, 98 OBS, 97 JDM Leg, 97 s/tb, 03 OBS, JDM V7 STi Wagon

Offline Markkas

• Vendor
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2000 Version VI Subaru WRX RA
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2016, 01:11:56 PM »
I'm probably going to be looking at my bank account after my Whistler/Van trip, and feel like i'm hurting, so i'd be more open to something later on in the season towards Feb/March.

Offline darthekai

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • I CANT STOP POOPING
    • My Webpage
  • Ride: 2000 OBS EJ222 +MFT, KTM Duke 390, 1996 Ford E350 SD ambulance
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2016, 01:14:43 PM »
They are indeed a bunch of itshay heads.

However if you don't want to go to a mountain run by itshay heads, you have to drive all the way to red or to powder King. Or troll.
What man put together, man can rend asunder and then also put it together sometimes what's all this left over stuff
Subaru Ford (sold) Toyota

Offline WAGOWN

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: Ver. 7 STi Sport Wagon
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2016, 01:19:30 PM »
They are indeed a bunch of itshay heads.

However if you don't want to go to a mountain run by itshay heads, you have to drive all the way to red or to powder King. Or troll.

I suppose that is true. *shrug*
02 WRX, 97 OBS, 03 WRX, 98 OBS, 97 JDM Leg, 97 s/tb, 03 OBS, JDM V7 STi Wagon

Offline thedude

• beards comin in nice
  • Ride: 2013 SWP WRX Hatchback
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2016, 01:53:24 PM »

+1 for Red, and the Louise Plus Card works there too.
2008 Aprilia Shiver 750 - Sold 10/02/2017

thedude's 2013 WRX Build Thread

Offline Jimpreza111

• beards comin in nice
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2016, 11:07:58 AM »
2 More days of voting for a date left.

It appears that the Jan 14/15 weekend is looking to be the most popular (5 votes) thus far and 13 people have voted.
If anyone else has interest in attending please vote.

Offline Jimpreza111

• beards comin in nice
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2016, 10:40:11 AM »
Not sure if this is relevant but I thought I would reach out to Subaru of Canada. I was inquiring about the SOA brand ambassador programs and their badge of ownership that Subaru of Canada does not offer, I also wanted to see if maybe they would throw us some Subi swag for our Sunshine ski getaway. I literally just sent the email and don't expect much of a response but it would be cool if they kicked in a few tokens for our loyal members. :D

Offline thedude

• beards comin in nice
  • Ride: 2013 SWP WRX Hatchback
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2016, 10:54:29 AM »
It would be pretty cool if they stepped up to the plate and supported in some way
2008 Aprilia Shiver 750 - Sold 10/02/2017

thedude's 2013 WRX Build Thread

Offline Markkas

• Vendor
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2016, 11:04:13 AM »
Not sure if this is relevant but I thought I would reach out to Subaru of Canada. I was inquiring about the SOA brand ambassador programs and their badge of ownership that Subaru of Canada does not offer, I also wanted to see if maybe they would throw us some Subi swag for our Sunshine ski getaway. I literally just sent the email and don't expect much of a response but it would be cool if they kicked in a few tokens for our loyal members. :D

Speaking of reaching out to Subaru, if anyone has any contacts or is a significantly good contact at an Alberta based Subaru dealer, let me know. I am looking for a Subaru dealer to sponsor a big upcoming Edmonton-based event.

Back to the topic, I finally voted. I said later in the year just because I know my bank account will be hurting lol.

Offline Jimpreza111

• beards comin in nice
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2016, 11:15:42 AM »
Hello All,

Thank you for participating in this vote and by popular demand it appears the weekend of Jan 14/15 is when we are going to plan this thing.
I hope those of you who voted differently will still be able to make this weekend as it would be awesome to have a big turnout!

Being that I have only ever attended 1 cruise/meet (2016 Sylvan Lake Cruise) I will be suggesting a similar type of "pre-meet" and cruise to this event.
These details we can hash out over the coming weeks but would like us to come to a solid plan before the Christmas/Holiday break.

My initial proposal:

Edmonton Folks:
May I suggest we all meet rather early on Saturday Jan 14th ~ 6:00am at Leduc Common by Tim Hortons in the parking lot.  5203 Discovery Way, Leduc, AB T9E 8N4
I will provide some Bulk containers of Tim's Coffee and selection of Donuts/Muffins for everyone.
IF we can hit the road by 6:30am that would be great!
We'll cruise south on HWY 2, around Stoney Trail to the Tim Hortons at 5029 Nose Hill Dr NW #115, Calgary, AB T3L 0A2 (This is the furthest West Location I can find, open to other suggestions)
Going to say we get to this location by 9:00am

Calgary Folks:
Meet at Tim Hortons at 5029 Nose Hill Dr NW #115, Calgary, AB T3L 0A2 for 8:30am and hopefully someone on that end can coordinate breakfast or everyone fend for themselves.
Again I am suggesting this location as it is not too far from Stoney Trail has ample parking and is on the West Side.

Other Folks:
You can either meet at one of the two locations I mention above or show up at Sunshine around the same time as everyone else.

Once the group is together we make a dash for Sunshine Village at 9:15am-9:30am

Hoping if road conditions are favorable we hit the gates at Sunshine for 10:45-11:00am

Hit the slopes for a few hours and do a late lunch around 1:30ish in the Chalet. (Chance for group pictures??)

Get back on the slopes and everyone can stay as long as they wish before leaving, or we can have an Apr├Ęs-ski beer or something before either heading back home or to the hotel etc.

Would be awesome if some of our shutter bugs can take video or pictures before/during/after the day and post up here, I will be shooting a bunch and taking helmet video too.

Again these are all just "ideas" at this point so if you wish to contribute an alternate please do so.
Please also bring out some friends or fam that may wish to come.

Really looking forward to this and hope we can all make it!

Offline Polaris

• beards comin in nice
  • Couldn't become a real doctor
  • Ride: 2005 LGT
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2016, 11:39:00 AM »
Awesome, thanks for planning this and hopefully I can make it out that weekend, pretty excited!! Out of curiosity, how many people are thinking of staying the night? Just checked and the hotel right at Sunshine is sold out and likely very expensive anyways, but the inns in Banff are in the low $100s.

Offline Markkas

• Vendor
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2016, 03:12:01 PM »
Thanks for organizing this so far. I don't know about others on here, but I would suggest that you get to Sunshine much earlier than 10:45-11:00. To me that's half the day gone, and i'm sure others would like to be there earlier as well. Make the most out of that lift ticket!

Also, with regards to this:

Awesome, thanks for planning this and hopefully I can make it out that weekend, pretty excited!! Out of curiosity, how many people are thinking of staying the night? Just checked and the hotel right at Sunshine is sold out and likely very expensive anyways, but the inns in Banff are in the low $100s.

I would recommend that you stay in Banff over Sunshine 100%. It's only a 20 minute drive to the Sunshine parking lot from Banff, and to me it isn't worth the extra money to stay on the mountain. The Spruce Grove Inn is a place that i've used for years. It's towards the end of the strip, but they always offer great pricing - especially for groups. If there is enough interest, i'd look to them.

Offline Dylan780

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2016, 03:26:33 PM »
I agree with Markaas that we should be leaving Edmonton closer to 4:30AM so that we can get a full day of riding in.

I will most likely be staying the night and will be staying at the Inns of Banff, that is the only hotel I ever stay in while in Banff. I usually get the 3 or 4 bedroom condo but for one night I think a hotel room will do.