Author Topic: Rainbow Six Siege PS4  (Read 1925 times)

Offline WAGOWN

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: Ver. 7 STi Sport Wagon
Rainbow Six Siege PS4
« on: December 13, 2016, 11:19:47 am »
Anyone playing this? I just got into it. I'm not good at the run and gun games like Battlefield and COD etc but I'm having a pretty good time with this, though it does seem pretty hard even on normal.
02 WRX, 97 OBS, 03 WRX, 98 OBS, 97 JDM Leg, 97 s/tb, 03 OBS, JDM V7 STi Wagon

Offline diamondedge

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • stir fryin' noobs
  • Ride: 2007 WRX, 2008 spec.B
Re: Rainbow Six Siege PS4
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 11:40:57 am »
Anyone playing this? I just got into it. I'm not good at the run and gun games like Battlefield and COD etc but I'm having a pretty good time with this, though it does seem pretty hard even on normal.

I have it for PC. The way the sound design is, the game design, it really forces you to play slower and tactical - don't bomb a corner unless you know you can pie it out and make sure you don't get capped.

It's a somewhat close successor to Raven Shield (Rainbow Six 3) but captures that new style of FPS that a lot of the franchises have. I just wish the multiplayer was a bit quicker on the uptake. It takes ages to finish a single
match.

^Click^
sig by shpixx x diamondedge

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 Lexus IS350
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 11:43:47 am »
I had bought it on release as I use to be a huge rb6 fan. Unfortunately it in itself is massively more run and gun than the previous rb6 games. Additionally without customizable lobby settings on launch because they like everyone else is trying to become a uniform e-sports game there is no way to deal with greifers who were insanely rampant. The 12 year olds from Cod would come over, realize team damage is on and spawn wipe the whole team, and it takes them doing this two rounds in a row for the autokick to get activated and no way to kick them or stop them from getting into future lobbies. This happened in 1 out of every 4 matches or so, it was enough that I got fed up and traded it on kijiji for another game. I hope by now they've fixed some of these things, but it was a huge mess on launch.

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2015 Audi S4 6MT
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 12:40:40 pm »
I had this for XB1 because I loved RB6 games and a friend from back home picked this one up and we'd play online. It was alright, I was actually kind of let down by it tbh. With Battlefield on the way, I traded it for a different game. Was bummed to find out it was online only, there's no campaign for single player.

Offline diamondedge

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • stir fryin' noobs
  • Ride: 2007 WRX, 2008 spec.B
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 12:54:51 pm »
I had bought it on release as I use to be a huge rb6 fan. Unfortunately it in itself is massively more run and gun than the previous rb6 games. Additionally without customizable lobby settings on launch because they like everyone else is trying to become a uniform e-sports game there is no way to deal with greifers who were insanely rampant. The 12 year olds from Cod would come over, realize team damage is on and spawn wipe the whole team, and it takes them doing this two rounds in a row for the autokick to get activated and no way to kick them or stop them from getting into future lobbies. This happened in 1 out of every 4 matches or so, it was enough that I got fed up and traded it on kijiji for another game. I hope by now they've fixed some of these things, but it was a huge mess on launch.

This is s till true. If you're down in OVERTIME and someone isn't doing well they'll rage quit and uckfay you. It happens less in Ranked servers but in the non Ranked, it's rampant.

I'm still a die hard RB6 fan, Ding Chavez 4 lyf

^Click^
sig by shpixx x diamondedge

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 05:53:40 pm »
Was bummed to find out it was online only, there's no campaign for single player.
This is also very true, I use to play the itshay out of the co-op story. The story kind of sucked, but the gameplay was fun. Plus it cost the same price and has half the content.

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 10:04:51 am »
This is also very true, I use to play the itshay out of the co-op story. The story kind of sucked, but the gameplay was fun. Plus it cost the same price and has half the content.

RB6 Vegas 1 and 2 had great single story modes, and online play. Honestly, I was expecting Seige to be a new game of that ilk, which is why I think I felt it was such a letdown. It played well though.

I felt almost as ripped off by this game as I did when I bought the MGS game that was essentially a demo, Ground Zero I think? I was pissed when I beat the first mission and the game was over lol. My fault for not looking into it I guess. Although I did buy the new one a few weeks ago when xmas shopping, haven't got into it yet though.

Offline WAGOWN

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: Ver. 7 STi Sport Wagon
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 01:12:46 pm »
Nice to hear all your feedback on the game. I played Black Ops with friends online for a couple weeks when I had a roommate who was into it. I tried GTA online for a few days but man that lesrning curve was steeper than COD! And I've played all the GTAs so I'm no stranger to it... That and a little bit of various racing in equally small amounts is all I've ever done online. I think I've had PS Plus for a total of 6 months. I have always been really bad and get pwned at anything online so I give up easy.

Sounds like none of you are really actively playing currently though, eh?
02 WRX, 97 OBS, 03 WRX, 98 OBS, 97 JDM Leg, 97 s/tb, 03 OBS, JDM V7 STi Wagon

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2016, 01:15:47 pm »
I felt almost as ripped off by this game as I did when I bought the MGS game that was essentially a demo, Ground Zero I think? I was pissed when I beat the first mission and the game was over lol. My fault for not looking into it I guess. Although I did buy the new one a few weeks ago when xmas shopping, haven't got into it yet though.
To be fair ground zero's wasn't pretending to be a full game, and wasn't priced the same as a full game. Consider it like GT5 prologue. I'd definitely say it still cost too much; and the greater issues at hand being what happened to releasing free demo's for games prior to launch.

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 01:19:20 pm »
One thing I find with online, especially with shooter games, is it'll take some time before you're decent. Mainly because other people playing have played much longer, know the maps, controls, techniques, etc. When I get a new shooter game and start playing, it's pretty ugly to start, but then I'm average after a few matches.

When BF3 first came out, I was single, and my best friends from back home had it so we played online a lot (instead of talking on the phone lol). I think I had about 170 hrs by the time I was done with it lol. This was over a couple of years of course. Sure don't have that kind of time now though.

I'd think Battlefield 1, or the new COD would be the way to go if you're looking for a game that many people you know play. I get BF1 for Christmas, although I get it in Arizona so I have to wait till after my trip to actually play it lol. 

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2016, 01:23:44 pm »
To be fair ground zero's wasn't pretending to be a full game, and wasn't priced the same as a full game. Consider it like GT5 prologue. I'd definitely say it still cost too much; and the greater issues at hand being what happened to releasing free demo's for games prior to launch.

Yeah, like I said, that one was on me for not doing my research and knowing it was essentially a demo. Had no clue, they made no mention of that on the cover. And I bought it used at EB a while after it came out, so I just assumed that's why it was only $20.

As for where have the demos gone, I 100% agree. I was contemplating buying NHL 17, but wanted to try it to see if it was worth buying over 15. I was surprised when I couldn't get a demo to try even a period. I ended up buying it anyway, but there's a lot of other games that I haven't bought, but may have if I tried the demo and really enjoyed it.

Offline Player One

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Jack of some trades, master of none
  • Ride: 13 WRX Hatch
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 02:36:07 pm »
I hadn't noticed this thread was here until today!

I bought Siege over the Christmas holidays for $20 and have been enjoying it a lot the past few weeks. I've been logging 1-5 hours/night playing with buddies; if they didn't play, I'd likely spend most of that time playing Overwatch (only 2 of them play OW as well). It's fun when you can get a 5 stack going and knowing that they aren't going to rage quit or tell you about the adventures with your mom. Even more fun when you can get a 5v5 private match going.

I dislike how expensive the newer characters are if you aren't planning on spending real money. The biggest disappointment with this game is the server instability; having to restart the app just to join a party or not being able to get on at all.

Offline Stealthbombing

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: BMW 135i M
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 02:55:50 pm »
I hadn't noticed this thread was here until today!

I bought Siege over the Christmas holidays for $20 and have been enjoying it a lot the past few weeks. I've been logging 1-5 hours/night playing with buddies; if they didn't play, I'd likely spend most of that time playing Overwatch (only 2 of them play OW as well). It's fun when you can get a 5 stack going and knowing that they aren't going to rage quit or tell you about the adventures with your mom. Even more fun when you can get a 5v5 private match going.

I dislike how expensive the newer characters are if you aren't planning on spending real money. The biggest disappointment with this game is the server instability; having to restart the app just to join a party or not being able to get on at all.

I love this game, i got it over Christmas as well for something like $29 but your right the servers now are horrendous...I think it has to do with the other two games ubisoft has released or is in beta ? they need dedicated servers. If you curious it costs $10 to purchase two of any DLC operator, i found that it takes about 2 weeks to even get enough renown for one of them :(

On a good note tho i got ranked at Gold 3 for this season !

Whats your PSN ?
*** PM Me for quotes on parts for wholesale price !!***
Stella -
http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=47765.msg579306#msg579306

Offline Player One

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 03:19:29 pm »
I love this game, i got it over Christmas as well for something like $29 but your right the servers now are horrendous...I think it has to do with the other two games ubisoft has released or is in beta ? they need dedicated servers. If you curious it costs $10 to purchase two of any DLC operator, i found that it takes about 2 weeks to even get enough renown for one of them :(

On a good note tho i got ranked at Gold 3 for this season !

Whats your PSN ?
It's probably that and/or the free weekend + 1.5x renown bonus that they just had.

I have an aversion to paying for in-game content (even though I got it for so cheap). I think it's because I'm used to CoD where a new game comes out every year so my extra money spent goes no further. I may buy the S2 pass or the S1 operator sale that's on now. We'll see though...

I have 2-3 more matches before I rank - I started last season at Silver 4, ended at Bronze 3. Most of the guys I play with are Plat+ so the guys I've been matched against are up there too - that's what I'm telling myself at least.

PSN: Player___One-
that's with 3 _'s

Offline Stealthbombing

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: BMW 135i M
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 03:25:29 pm »
Ive seen like one platnum in my rainbow 6 career, thats sweet though. Ill send you a friend request !
*** PM Me for quotes on parts for wholesale price !!***
Stella -
http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=47765.msg579306#msg579306

Offline Player One

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2017, 03:53:09 pm »
Ive seen like one platnum in my rainbow 6 career, thats sweet though. Ill send you a friend request !
I've even seen the occasional diamond. Plat/Diamond know the maps so well that you get killed from places that you didn't even know existed.