Author Topic: Lost Subaru Forestor FOB  (Read 1047 times)

Offline gladaki

• Stubbly Faced
Lost Subaru Forestor FOB
« on: February 06, 2017, 06:51:52 pm »
While clearning snow off my car (Forestor 2010) lost FOB.
For now, I will be using manual car entry with key I have.

I am thinking of ordering two FOB
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/like/122308771706 and get it program at the dealership. I also need two extra key since I have only one key left.
Any advise where I can go in calgary for this  and how much approximately it will cost.

Thanks

Offline gladaki

• Stubbly Faced
Re: Lost Subaru Forestor FOB
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 10:21:00 am »
Bumpimg up ?
Any replies will be appreciated
Dealership is asking
100$ for a key
248$ for Fob
56$ for programming
18$ for immobilzer code

Total :422$ without taxes

Other dealer
106 for each key
cutting 43 for each key
250 for each

Looking online it seems I can get FOB for 100$
https://www.amazon.ca/Discount-Keyless-Replacement-Forester-NHVWB1U711/dp/B01HQKQTJ2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1486574817&sr=8-3&keywords=subaru+fob..I can save 100$ there..any more tips

Offline nosale

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: SG XTi
Re: Lost Subaru Forestor FOB
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 10:17:15 am »
I'm just going through this now.

I was also just quoted $100 for a new chip key. That's cut and programmed. There is really no way around this that I know of. As far as I could find, the cost of a blank chip key wasn't much more at the dealership than it was online... With the dealership having the added bonus of knowing the new key will work.

As for the fob... It should cost much less. Amazon has some for pretty cheap. Just make sure it's compatible with your year of car. Then adding the fob is a bit of a voodoo dance with opening and closing doors, flipping the ignition off and on, and pressing the lock/unlock buttons on your fob in a specific sequence. This can be done yourself and not at the dealership. Whoever I talked to on the phone was nice enough to tell me that.

Hope this helps!