Author Topic: Cobb Accessport V3 - for dummies  (Read 2231 times)

Offline wrxsti15

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: STI'15 - Airboy Tuned
Cobb Accessport V3 - for dummies
« on: April 09, 2017, 07:52:55 am »
So I spend so much time reading/researching around about this. You cannot find all at one place. I said to myself, I should make other people life easier,
and try to put all this in one post. Second post should be what you should do / check if one of monitoring factors is not what should be.

Check firmware update for your Accessport.
After flashing new MAP reset ECU.

Monitoring:
AF Learning 1 = +- 8% Under WOT (wide open throttle), the number should sink to 0.00
AF Correction 1 = +- 25%
Fine Knock Learn = should be 0.00 all the time. Occasional 1.4 is okay. Anything above 2.8 it is not good.
Feedback knock = should be 0.00. Occasional 1.4 is okay at cruise, any knock in boost and high RPM’s is bad.
DAM = should ALWAYS be 1.
Boost = see the map notes for what target boost is. Should be within .5 psi of the target

Intake temp = above 50C/125F degrees, don't do any pulls or beat on the car. Let the intake temps cool before doing any hard driving.
Coolant temperature = above 84C/180F degrees. Let the engine warm up, before doing any hard driving. Ideally would be to have oil temp gauge.

Logging:
30 min should be plenty. Vary the RPM range from 2000 - 3500 RPM.
3rd gear WOT pull from 2500 RPM to red line, or 4th gear where the road allow it.

OTS (Off The Shelf maps) I would call it temporarily map :D
Stage X - ACN91 (use Husky 94 and Petrol 94) - Normal wastegate ( If you are not hitting target boost (see map notes for target boost), try a High Wastegate (HWG) map. If you are above target boost, try a Low Wastegate (LWG) map.

Get pro tune!  :haplo90:

If anyone have anything too add, please do so.
Thank you.

Offline milkpumba

• Patchy Faced
  • Hakuna matata
  • Ride: 2017 ISM WRX
Re: Cobb Accessport V3 - for dummies
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 09:05:02 am »
Question, doesn't the ECU automatically reset after flashing into a new map?

Also, just something to add, fine knock learn and feedback knock at cruising speeds is inevitable. Should be fine as long as it is under -2.81. There will be occasional times where the car would read more than -2.81 for feedback knock, chances are it's just false knock, especially if DAM stays at 1.0
I occasionally stream games on Twitch

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
  • Ride: 2020 Tacoma TRD | i used to have a cool wrx
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 10:13:39 am »
I see my Feedback Knock like -1.41 and -2.81 pretty much every drive just cruising. DAM always 1.000 though is most important. When I was running Shell 91 though I had 0.875!! Since switching to Husky 94 it's always been 1.000!

Thx for the update on this video man! Would you be able to give some of your thoughts on what the numbers actually represent? Ie; What actually does the feedback knock and fine knock learns represent? What's the difference between them? I don't monitor AF Learning / Correction right now, just AFR - What's do those numbers all represent and what's the difference between them??

I like reading peoples thoughts on these statistics I guess or information. I just changed my tune funny enough on my AP, will post about it in my thread soon once I've had some more time to enjoy it!

Offline Airboy

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • Airboy Tuning
  • Ride: 06 WRX

Gain 50 ft-lbs, ask me how! :-)

Offline eh?spec

• Baby Faced
  • Ride: 11 STI DGM hatch
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 03:08:02 pm »
OTS (Off The Shelf maps) I would call it temporarily map :D
Stage 1 ->> USE ACN91 (use Husky 94 and Petrol 94) - Normal wastegate ( If you are not hitting target boost (see map notes for target boost), try a High Wastegate (HWG) map. If you are above target boost, try a Low Wastegate (LWG) map.

Just picked up a used AP V3 last night. These settings will work well?
I have a 11' STI, engine is stock with Killer B oil pickup and baffle, Radium Eng AOS, & COBB TIH

Just stick with the ACN91 map? If I drive to B.C., I can fill there with 91 (Shell or Chevron) and just leave the map?

What do you guys look for as a good peak boost in Calgary? I've heard ranges from 17-20psi. Given our elevation I should expect lower than sea level?

Offline RockThePylon

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ghetto apostle
  • Ride: '03 WRX ricekar
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 09:32:40 pm »
Just stick with the ACN91 map? If I drive to B.C., I can fill there with 91 (Shell or Chevron) and just leave the map?

What do you guys look for as a good peak boost in Calgary? I've heard ranges from 17-20psi. Given our elevation I should expect lower than sea level?

"ACN91" is the least aggressive. I recommend everyone runs it, unless they want to commit to Husky94, and consistent data logging. It is the safest OTS tune, so you can stress less if you happen to get a tank of 91 that isn't quite 91...

You'll probably see around 16psi at our altitude on Stage 1, maybe a smidge under. Don't get too caught up with peak boost numbers.
I may scream like a dainty lady, but I punch like a fairly strong 11-year-old.

Offline col5ter

• Baby Faced
  • Ride: 2011 STI 5-door
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 11:54:38 pm »
"ACN91" is the least aggressive. I recommend everyone runs it, unless they want to commit to Husky94, and consistent data logging. It is the safest OTS tune, so you can stress less if you happen to get a tank of 91 that isn't quite 91...

You'll probably see around 16psi at our altitude on Stage 1, maybe a smidge under. Don't get too caught up with peak boost numbers.

Great, thanks for the clarification. Least aggressive/safest but improved over stock, until protuned. Glad to hear regarding boost too, because I was seeing 15.5psi peak roughly but I haven’t driven more than 50kms and was taking it pretty easy since all of Calgary is a construction zone this year.