Author Topic: Kelowna Road Trip Summer 2017  (Read 1680 times)

Offline jrchan98

• Stubbly Faced
    • Build Thread
  • Ride: 2016 Subaru STI, 1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Kelowna Road Trip Summer 2017
« on: April 17, 2017, 12:12:35 PM »
What's up guys a few friends and I are planning a road trip to Kelowna in July (6-9) or August (24-27). The dates are not yet confirmed but I'm thinking that we will be leaving YYC on a Thursday, drive to Kelowna, stay in Kelowna 3 nights and drive back. The whole point of our trip is we thought it would be fun to see if we could find the best driving road in Western Canada, thus on the drive to Kelowna we will likely be diverting off the main highway to try and find some really nice roads. When we get to Kelowna, we will likely do a bit more driving in the area and then spend a couple days or so just hanging out, maybe hit the beach and relax. Originally the road trip was only going to include my friend group but I since thought that it would be really fun if some of the WSC members would like to join and also it would be a great way for me to get to know some of you a bit more. We still got time to plan this so check over your schedules and let me know if you'd like to join!! If anyone needs more info texting me is the best way to go(403)554-1096

Cheers guys!!       

Offline thedude

• beards comin in nice
  • Ride: 2013 SWP WRX Hatchback
Re: Kelowna Road Trip Summer 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 02:44:53 PM »
Count me in!  >:D
2008 Aprilia Shiver 750 - Sold 10/02/2017

thedude's 2013 WRX Build Thread

Offline Polaris

• beards comin in nice
  • Couldn't become a real doctor
  • Ride: 2005 LGT
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 09:33:56 PM »
Following!

Offline coop3422

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2007 350ZR, 2008 Infiniti EX35
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 04:14:48 PM »
If it's in August I may be down. I have a wedding that weekend in July to go to.

Offline jrchan98

• Stubbly Faced
    • Build Thread
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 05:08:11 PM »
If it's in August I may be down. I have a wedding that weekend in July to go to.
Count me in!  >:D

Hey guys thanks for the replies! Just wanted to give a quick update, I think for the time being I'm gonna shoot to plan things for the 4 days in August mentioned in my first post, unless I get more people replying that say July is better. But anyways out of my friend group so far I have 2 confirmed and a crap ton of maybe's so Ill keep you guys updated! 

Offline VTAKLOL

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2002 Ver. 7 STi Sport Wagon
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 07:21:27 PM »
I won't be making this trip, but here's a nice little guide for some great driving roads in BC:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/canada/146487-best-driving-roads-british-columbia.html

I've driven the 1st, 2nd and 4th routes and they're all fantastic (although the road to Pemberton would have been even more fun had there not been so much traffic heading to/from the music festival and if we had been in my gc8 instead of the gf's lifted fozzy lol.)

Offline THE EDJ

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • THE EDJ on Flickr
  • Ride: Explorer
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 10:03:27 PM »
From Penticton, if you do drive all the way up to Apex (and you should), when you get back down to the Green Mountain Road intersection, hang a right and carry on towards Keremeos. You can link in the Hope Princeton route after that for a good 3 hours of awesome driving. Head back up to Merrit and then take any number of routes back into the Okanagan Region.

Check this thread:
http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=8261.0
"Experiencing the world through endless second hand information isn't enough. If we want authenticity, we have to initiate it." ~ Travis Rice
THE EDJ on flickr

Offline milkpumba

• Patchy Faced
  • Hakuna matata
  • Ride: 2017 ISM WRX
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 01:03:53 AM »
I'd be down for this! :D
I occasionally stream games on Twitch

Offline uSpotGaming

• Stubbly Faced
    • uSpotGaming
  • Ride: 2016 STI
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2017, 01:47:09 PM »
I'm down for august, pending final dates. Would probably like to do a few more in July and August after I'm back from Holidays.

Offline 05LGT

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Trained Trunk Monkey
  • Ride: 100% screaming bald eagles
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 10:13:19 AM »
I'm in, I know a good driving road between Chase and Kelowna area that we found last year which isn't too far out of the way.
I don't name things I know I'm going to sell eventually. Hence why I'd never name any kids I had.

If you can't go fast with 90HP, 900HP won't help you. - Bob Hall

Offline AA2001

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2006 STI
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 04:45:54 PM »
This sounds wicked! For the august date, I'll be more flexiable and I know a wicked road to get into Kelowna from the West side when you're driving into Kelowna. It's up hill, down hill, off-camber corners.

Offline jrchan98

• Stubbly Faced
    • Build Thread
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 06:01:50 PM »
Ok so it looks like we have a pretty sick group that wants to go, what's ur guy's ideas for hotels/accommodations? I kinda want to keep this as low cost as possible. I know that my group of friends and I will be splitting hotel costs. But I know that others have friends they can stay with in Kelowna. Do u guys want to arrange hotels as a group or arrange it individually? let me know below. Also as we get closer to the date I would like to meet up with this hole group in person so we can make plans about the routes we will be taking and so forth.

Offline milkpumba

• Patchy Faced
  • Hakuna matata
  • Ride: 2017 ISM WRX
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2017, 07:54:45 AM »
Ok so it looks like we have a pretty sick group that wants to go, what's ur guy's ideas for hotels/accommodations? I kinda want to keep this as low cost as possible. I know that my group of friends and I will be splitting hotel costs. But I know that others have friends they can stay with in Kelowna. Do u guys want to arrange hotels as a group or arrange it individually? let me know below. Also as we get closer to the date I would like to meet up with this hole group in person so we can make plans about the routes we will be taking and so forth.

Just a suggestion, what about Airbnb for accommodation? So we can all have a house all to ourselves. Cost can be split to keep cost low.
I occasionally stream games on Twitch

Offline jrchan98

• Stubbly Faced
    • Build Thread
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2017, 11:48:19 PM »
Hey guys so we are just over a month away from our set date for this road trip, so I wanted to pick a day to get together with a majority of the people who are going so we can figure out hotels and a route that we will be taking. Airbnb was mentioned as a option for accommodation however Ive never used it before and I have no idea how it works. But ya I was thinking that we could get together for an hour or so after work sometime during the week so we can talk about this trip over beers and dinner. But ya I started a pole with a few dates that we could meet up. Once we know what day works for everyone we will pick a place to meet up!

Offline thedude

• beards comin in nice
  • Ride: 2013 SWP WRX Hatchback
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2017, 12:11:39 PM »
Bumping this as there hasn't been too much in terms of confirmation/interest.

I know Justin suggested the 24-27 of August but there is also the week before (17-20) and weekend after (the long weekend, 31-4). I'll be going to Kelowna again for the long weekend, so I'd prefer not to drive back-to-back weekends but if that's the case so be it. If anybody has some vacation time they need to burn lets figure this out as it would be a pretty fun cruise to a pretty fun summer destination. And for any of you that drink wine, or have significant others that drink wine, Naramata is a quick hour drive from Kelowna along a pretty scenic road - it would be a fun day trip.

This trip will likely have to take place in August as July is pretty much written off at this point. That being said, I am headed there at the end of this month (27-31), if anybody wants to rip out on Thursday after work and back Monday morning getting back to Calgary around 5pm let me know.
2008 Aprilia Shiver 750 - Sold 10/02/2017

thedude's 2013 WRX Build Thread