Author Topic: Want to have some fun May 27/28? Come crew for us at RMR!!!  (Read 881 times)

Offline HiTempguy

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 1993 Legassy Tubr0/1995 STi
Dunno if this is the right area to put this in, but I'm not wanting to buy and its not a technical topic, so here goes  :haplo90:

The ChassisFlex Motorsports rally team needs you! Well, or could use you, something like that. Our normal crew is not available for the Rocky Mountain Rally. While we are a pretty self sufficient team, it sure would be good to have even one extra set of hands just to do random things.

What do we have to offer? Boy howdie, let me tell you!  If you like being stressed, sleeping on couches, and then getting drunk while being REALLY tired, this could be a fun opportunity for you! (Did I sell it well?) We can provide lodging, transport, and drinks when it is all over.

So, if you'd like to get in on the action for a lovely weekend in Invermere, let us know (via PM)!

Offline RedBimmer93

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
Re: Want to have some fun May 27/28? Come crew for us at RMR!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 09:04:13 AM »
Are any mechanical skills required? 8)

Offline Jimpreza111

• beards comin in nice
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 09:05:39 AM »
Oh I would so do this, not sure if my "skillz" will be of much value though.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 09:13:57 AM »
I'd say pm him for details, but I know that when other teams were looking for spare hands, it was mostly help swapping tires, and general spare labour around the pit area. Most of the drivers double as their own mechanics anyways.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline HiTempguy

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 1993 Legassy Tubr0/1995 STi
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 09:53:35 AM »
Are any mechanical skills required? 8)

Preferred, but not necessarily. As LDS mentions below, I do all my own mechanical work on all of my vehicles including fabrication. So anything a person did would be checked anyways. Main thing is just being there.

For instance, its valuable to me that someone can go and get the codriver and I sandwiches while I wrench. Things are so busy during an event that getting food is difficult during the day. Or say if for some reason we need a tire swapped onto a different rim, while we are out racing, said person can go to a tire shop and get that done. So its more managing logistics than doing any actual mechanical work.

Oh I would so do this, not sure if my "skillz" will be of much value though.

Gotta get the skillz from somewhere! Teams all over North America fly people all over to service their teams. I'm not saying I'll be doing that anytime soon, but a reliable, trustworthy crew person is hard to find!

I'd say pm him for details, but I know that when other teams were looking for spare hands, it was mostly help swapping tires, and general spare labour around the pit area. Most of the drivers double as their own mechanics anyways.

Exactly.