Author Topic: Compustar remote start and alarm package together for my 04 WRX...  (Read 1076 times)

Offline anomatrix

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2004 WRX GGA, 2012 WRX GRA (sold), 2017 Lexus NX200t F-Sport 3
Car Security Gurus, lend me your ears!

I'm trying to put together a Compustar system to install myself or with assistance from some of the members here (GrantC comes highly recommended!) but finding very little information on what works together or is needed to do everything 100%. I'm a competent electronics tech myself, so have no problems getting my hands dirty and want to know exactly what is going into my '04 WRX wagon.

The system has to be remote start and alarm, turbo timer, Drone capable, temp sensor and possibly seat heaters as an aux. So:

BRAINS: FT7000ASCONT
LOCKS: iDataLink BLADE-AL
DRONE: DR-3400 module

Now for the fobs, I only really need the 1 way unit as I'll have the Drone app, and I'd like the unit to be waterproof. For that can I just get away with the RF1WG6AMCN RF Kit? Will that have all I need (antenna etc.) or will I need the FT-D100 RF Decoder to go with it?

Does this all make sense?

TIA!

Offline 99 rs

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
Re: Compustar remote start and alarm package together for my 04 WRX...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 10:36:26 am »
Describe what you mean by "temp sensor"? Does that mean you want it to start at a certain ambient temperature all by itself? Or do you want to know the interior temperature when you "query" your remote? Your seat heaters are a manual rocker switch; just leave them on when you park the car and they'll turn on when you remote start.

You won't need the iDatalink module as your door lock wires are just a negative pulse that the Compustar already provides. Lock to lock and unlock to unlock and you're done. Very easy. You shouldn't have the chip in the key as that started in 2005 and only for STI.

The only other thing you'll need is the Compustar FT-DAS as it's mandatory for a manual remote starter. Ask me how I know...........  ::)
http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=48757.msg590601#msg590601

As long as you get the boxed remote kits like your part number shows then it will have everything you need. You don't need the decoder.

Offline anomatrix

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2004 WRX GGA, 2012 WRX GRA (sold), 2017 Lexus NX200t F-Sport 3
Re: Compustar remote start and alarm package together for my 04 WRX...
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 11:11:29 pm »
Yeah I want the temp sensor for very cold days to do the triggered start, I don't always have access to a plug in.

Thanks for the info on the BLADE-AL, saves me another $160! It looks like the FT-DAS comes with the MAXit kit, good call there.

Gonna order it up later this week!