Author Topic: 1995 Nissan Skyline GTR  (Read 2401 times)

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 1999 Pajero, 1999 Evo VI, 1995 Evo III
Re: 1995 Nissan Skyline GTR
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2022, 04:55:07 pm »
I am a fan of Sublime Surfacing, I will be bringing the Tundra there eventually. For the evos, I probably won't because they don't really even drive in the rain anymore lol.

Great update! Glad I was annoying haha. How many miles have you done in this rig so far?
The 3 is raw.  Lighter than more agile.  The 6 probably feels like a 747.  And by that contrast, my STI probably feels like the Hindenburg.  So GR's are like the International Space Station.

Offline STI 2NV

• Vendor
  • Beards Comin in Nice
  • Car Enthusiast, Unenthusiastic.
    • Teknique Auto Innovations
  • Ride: 1995 Nissan Skyline GTR, 2012 Audi S4 6MT, 2012 Subaru STI Hatch, 2004 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2022, 01:20:47 pm »
How many miles have you done in this rig so far?

19,750km since October 2019
Teknique Auto Innovations
780-980-3006
#103 7611 Sparrow Drive
Leduc Alberta
Tekniqueman on VinWiki and Instagram

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 1999 Pajero, 1999 Evo VI, 1995 Evo III
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2022, 02:01:39 pm »
19,750km since October 2019

Nice, that is like the sweet spot. Just enough to put some miles on it, keep fresh gas in it and make it so it feels special to drive it.
The 3 is raw.  Lighter than more agile.  The 6 probably feels like a 747.  And by that contrast, my STI probably feels like the Hindenburg.  So GR's are like the International Space Station.

Offline STI 2NV

• Vendor
  • Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 1995 Nissan Skyline GTR, 2012 Audi S4 6MT, 2012 Subaru STI Hatch, 2004 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2023, 08:50:23 am »
Been a while since anything exciting has happened to this car,

After my drive to Fairmont for September long weekend I started smelling fuel when the car was stopped, didn't seem like it was effecting performance, Didn't see any fuel dripping but something was happening, I parked the car for the season and then didn't touch it until a couple weeks ago when I pulled all the injectors out of it.

Cylinder 1 and 6 both had a leak, 6 was much worse, but definitely not bad, I can see why it didn't effect performance and why I could smell it. Dropped them off at CPI in south edmonton, got a call a couple days later to pick them up, got a very informative review and refresh, and they went back into the car without drama.

Back in the air for its annual oil change, I was feeling pretty good after my oil change and decided it was the day I was finally going to install my Mines equal length front pipe and Tomei Titanium test pipe, Hopefully its not too loud attached to my Fujitsubo Catback.

LTT is my garage back ground noise.

Had to cut off the temp sensor, it was in rough shape and eventually rounded off. But that decision made me very sad.

This looks very pretty.

Bolts were tight but nothing broke, it was a pretty drama free install.
https://i.imgur.com/2Dh6SFN.mp4 Before
https://i.imgur.com/bhxvlD4.mp4 After

Luckily it sounds much better without being overly louder, It has more throat, but shouldn't be calling the police on me which was exactly what I wanted.

Afterwards I sprayed it with water and rolled over 157,000km. Hopefully the roads are cleaned up soon and I can go on another long drive.

PS, I have another small coolant leak, Didn't touch the clutch over the winter so dealing with this new leak, as well as the clutch will happen sometime this season.
780-980-3006
#103 7611 Sparrow Drive
Leduc Alberta

Offline Markkenko

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 1998 Version 5 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type R V-Limited
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2023, 02:15:25 am »
You definitely get more tones with the equal length and test pipes. Thumbs up from me!!

Offline STI 2NV

• Vendor
  • Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2023, 12:12:56 pm »
April was a long time ago.

This car has been a dream this summer, put gas in it and drive, rinse and repeat. I bought this car October 2019 with 137,000km and in 4 years of ownership finally broke 160,000km,

Don't meet your heroes has been drilled into me my whole life. First starter with the Countach and then a bunch of other cars after it, but this car is THE EXCEPTION for me. So far it has been amazing to work on, it brought back my passion for working on my own vehicle instead of having my techs at the shop do my maintenance for me, aside from my Audi, other people can wrench on that. I have been talking about driving this car to California for a while now and while that still hasn't happened I decided to meet myself half way and the last few days of august I drove it to whistler and Vancouver's. Adding 3000km to the odometer and it was incredible!

Before leaving on the trip the car had just broken 160,000km so I went and ordered every single fluid, spark plugs, fuel filter, and all the drive belts, some throttle body cleaner and some other things I have probably forgotten about and went to town.

The Gear 300 was swapped for the LSD version before it was put in the car, I just don't have a picture of it. It was a long weekend but everything got done with some help of a couple friends.

The original plan was to do this in stages as I didn't believe the girlfriend would want to sit in the car for 13 hours from Edmonton to Whistler, I chose this way as the fires were getting close to Kamloops and I didn't want to potentially get stuck on the way there.

Well we pushed through, with some beautiful sightseeing, which for me meant taking photos of the car in random backdrops. Little fort to Whistler is probably the best driving I have experienced in our country to date. I loved the Cabot trail but this was more technical and had nearly zero traffic. Just a 90's Nissan with a kid that grew up in the Playstation era.

At the bottom of the mountain before Pemberton I stopped for a break and my idle was super loud, sounded like an exhaust leak, but I couldn't see it coming through anywhere. Didn't seem to effect performance so I soldiered on to Whistler, where the car sat in a parkade for 4 days until I was ready to go to Vancouver

I got back into the car after a few great days in whistler and continued the trip to Van, The exhaust was making me crazy but I didn't have anyway of getting it in the air. I stopped in Squamish for a snack and a car wash, and there was a lube shop next door. The staff saw me drive in and swarmed me, asking questions about the car and wanting pictures, I asked nicely if I could pull in and stick my head under and see where this leak was, If i rubbed or if a gasket failed or what was up. They agreed, I said they could take pictures after I cleaned it up, pulled it inside and took a look, I had lost a downpipe nut. Walked across the street to a napa that was right there, they gave me one and we got it fixed. Hung out and talked cars for a little bit after the bath and continued on the journey.

Didn't want photos without makeup.

The rest of the drive was amazing, lots of sightseeing, and roaming around Vancouver for a week before making the drive home, decided Kamloops for the ride home was the best idea, as it would save a few hours, and aside from the rain yet again we did the trip in one go.

I truly love this car. 163,xxx km now, and I'm not looking forward to parking it in a couple weeks. 
780-980-3006
#103 7611 Sparrow Drive
Leduc Alberta