Author Topic: tperkins' Evo 3, 6, 7 (and 5 RIP) (and Starion RIP)  (Read 33266 times)

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 1999 Pajero, 1999 Evo VI, 1995 Evo III
Re: tperkins' Evo 6 (and 5)
« Reply #200 on: October 01, 2019, 02:42:18 pm »
The 3 is raw.  Lighter than more agile.  The 6 probably feels like a 747.  And by that contrast, my STI probably feels like the Hindenburg.  So GR's are like the International Space Station.

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #201 on: October 02, 2019, 09:14:15 am »
Wow, what an underwhelming response to the glorious evo 3.
The 3 is raw.  Lighter than more agile.  The 6 probably feels like a 747.  And by that contrast, my STI probably feels like the Hindenburg.  So GR's are like the International Space Station.

Offline 10secdream

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • ReflectiveAutoDetailing
  • Ride: 2022 Toyota GR86, 2007 Lexus GX470
« Reply #202 on: October 02, 2019, 09:21:38 am »
I love it and can't wait to see it in action.
2003 Mazda Miata
2015 WRX Build
2004 Forester XT Build

“When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer.”

Online LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
Re: tperkins' Evo 6 (and 5 RIP) (and 3)
« Reply #203 on: October 02, 2019, 09:52:55 am »
I also love your Pajero. Every time I see it with those fantastic wheels/tires, I hate myself a little more for letting go of the 4Runner.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
  • Ride: 2020 Tacoma TRD | i used to have a cool wrx
« Reply #204 on: October 02, 2019, 09:58:09 am »
I also love your Pajero. Every time I see it with those fantastic wheels/tires, I hate myself a little more for letting go of the 4Runner.

Also love these. also want a 4runner. Also want a Pajero. Now I want an Evo after looking at this thread. ok bye.  ;D

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #205 on: October 02, 2019, 10:30:45 am »
I love it and can't wait to see it in action.

Same! It needs some love beforehand but it is also track ready suspension wise.

Pajero is so good. For those that don't know I have newish job, could use a more "reliable" newer vehicle so I have been looking at newer F150's.. but I also have a hard time justifying and parking 4 vehicles and I love the Pajero too much to see it go haha. I think I will run it until it starts giving me issues then go from there, but so far I got it at 76,000 km, it currently has 109,000(?) and I haven't had any issues at all. Honestly might get gf to sell her silly VW and give her Pajero to drive, get newer F150. Or, just have 4 vehicles haha.

Also love these. also want a 4runner. Also want a Pajero. Now I want an Evo after looking at this thread. ok bye.  ;D

Evo is slippery slope. Of my closest 5 evo friends, we have 9 evos between us haha. For sure get a Pajero! I was looking at a 4runner / Hilux but couldn't justify the cost, decided to take gamble on Pajero and it is great. I have never owned a vehicle that more people stop me at the gas station or in a parking lot or in the car wash to ask about it and compliment it. I would say at the gas station it is less common to not be asked about it than it is to get asked or complimented on it. Nobody knows what it is, all Filipinos love it. Also people from Africa love it. One of the best selling SUV's around the world, just never took off in North America. They still make the Gen 2 and Gen 2.5 as they were in the 90's brand new in China.

Offline chico_kj_23

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 1993 WRX, 2011 G37X, 2018 4Runner
« Reply #206 on: October 02, 2019, 02:19:58 pm »
Pajero is so good. For those that don't know I have newish job, could use a more "reliable" newer vehicle so I have been looking at newer F150's.. but I also have a hard time justifying and parking 4 vehicles and I love the Pajero too much to see it go haha. I think I will run it until it starts giving me issues then go from there, but so far I got it at 76,000 km, it currently has 109,000(?) and I haven't had any issues at all. Honestly might get gf to sell her silly VW and give her Pajero to drive, get newer F150. Or, just have 4 vehicles haha.

I honestly think your just as likely to have problems with a newer F150 as you would with your Pajero. At least you know what you have with the Pajero. Only upside to a newer F150, aside from being able to do pickup things, is that I imagine parts are a lot easier to get when something does go wrong.

Also, the evo 3 should be a fun little track car. How much do they weigh? Sub 3000lb?

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #207 on: October 02, 2019, 03:15:55 pm »
At least a new Ford would have warranty and a nearby (?) accessible (?) dealership (?)

Can I be your gf? I would like the Pajero.
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #208 on: October 02, 2019, 04:31:56 pm »
I honestly think your just as likely to have problems with a newer F150 as you would with your Pajero. At least you know what you have with the Pajero. Only upside to a newer F150, aside from being able to do pickup things, is that I imagine parts are a lot easier to get when something does go wrong.

Also, the evo 3 should be a fun little track car. How much do they weigh? Sub 3000lb?

As per wiki "Curb weight: 1,190–1,260 kg (2,624–2,778 lb)" Likely the 1,260 is for the GSR and the 1,190 is for the RS. This is a GSR. I haven't had time to actually weigh it yet. I think the 6 was 3200 lbs with me in it, from what I remember. But, my memory is fuzzy that was when I first got it.

F150, comfy highway ride, truck stuff, cruise control for my frequent 1600 km round trips for work. I mean like a new old stock or even a couple year old truck w/ warrantee still. There is a Ford dealership where I am working and in Slave Lake.

At least a new Ford would have warranty and a nearby (?) accessible (?) dealership (?)

Can I be your gf? I would like the Pajero.

Yeah, warranty, as above dealership here. Hassle free, don't have a garage here to work on itshay if something does go wrong while I am here, and getting parts would be a pain. If something went wrong it would be nice to just drop it off and pick it up, etc.

Not currently looking for new gf, but will keep in mind.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #209 on: October 02, 2019, 07:06:48 pm »
Not currently looking for new gf, but will keep in mind.

uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #210 on: October 16, 2019, 10:45:52 am »
More about the 3,

seats have rad stickers, would like to retain for next seat or re-order. Option 2 exciting car magazine!

http://www.vkeiguide.com/japan-guide/lemoned-shop-harajuku

http://ip.tosp.co.jp/i.asp?i=black_list_
Brings you to a thing, if you follow some links it seems like some sort of charity. Donating wheelchairs? Maybe just the web address is no longer active.

Evo fam steps up once again! Since signal light fell out on highway, friend was all "Oh, I have a box of evo 3 parts you can have."

Fun surprise when I got it, I will leave you to the translation of the 3d printed Charmander

Now lives on the dash where Charizard lives in the Pajero

I like this car, and driving it has kind of helped me with deciding the direction I would like it to go. So far I have found a new drivers seat, and have plans to be rid of those flares for something more... tasteful? The way the rear arches have been rolled basically I am stuck with flares on the car, which is okay because I should be able to run some pretty wide (for an evo 3) tires.

The whole gang together, I also got to drive the 6 this weekend and was reminded how great it is. Like, it is just so perfect.

I have on order: driver seat, factory evo 3 rear wing, evo 6: rear bumper, skirts, flares, front fenders, brembos, knuckles/hubs. The car needs some love but the car has so much potential.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • @Shpixx
  • Ride: 2020 Tacoma TRD | i used to have a cool wrx
« Reply #211 on: October 16, 2019, 10:48:46 am »
Awesome!

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #212 on: October 16, 2019, 04:38:01 pm »
Awesome!

Thanks! Engage: Long term forever car project!

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
  • Ride: Generic SUV
« Reply #213 on: October 17, 2019, 07:34:00 am »
plans to be rid of those flares for something more... tasteful?

Boooo...
Is illmotion's sunday school where you learn about how Stance Jesus scraped for your sins?
Roxanne - 2015 WRX Ginger - 1990 Civic Si
Avatar courtesy of Wong Photography

Offline seat safety switch

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Snowmen with fezzes are ardent rally fans.
    • seat safety switch
  • Ride: Junk
« Reply #214 on: October 17, 2019, 07:41:57 am »
Well, I sure learned a new and useful Japanese phrase today.

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #215 on: October 17, 2019, 08:50:15 am »
Boooo...

Just, trust, okay? These flares fit so poorly. My plan might also be total failure haha.

Well, I sure learned a new and useful Japanese phrase today.

I am glad someone took the time!

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
  • Ride: Generic SUV
« Reply #216 on: October 17, 2019, 08:54:58 am »
Just, trust, okay? These flares fit so poorly. My plan might also be total failure haha.

Alright, everybody gets one, Twekins.
Is illmotion's sunday school where you learn about how Stance Jesus scraped for your sins?
Roxanne - 2015 WRX Ginger - 1990 Civic Si
Avatar courtesy of Wong Photography

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #217 on: October 17, 2019, 08:59:12 am »
Alright, everybody gets one, Twekins.

I was originally thinking like, well, let's just fit the flares up properly and see what happens. Which, still for a bit might be the way to do it. But holy smokes! They fit poorly, and they're fiberglass.

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #218 on: October 21, 2019, 09:44:54 am »

yay, things.

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #219 on: November 13, 2019, 02:10:07 pm »
Photo of 5 from new home, still running well. Guy is DD'ing it.

Got some parts for the 3:

I might sell all the 6 body bits I picked up and go a different direction for that.

wongOne pics!

Offline thedude

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2002 Toyota Tundra
« Reply #220 on: November 13, 2019, 02:26:45 pm »
Photo of 5 from new home, still running well. Guy is DD'ing it.

This looks very familiar - where is its new home? Apologies if I didn't look far enough back in the thread.
2008 Aprilia Shiver 750 - Sold 10/02/2017
2013 SWP Subaru WRX Hatchback - Sold 01/04/2022

thedude's 2013 WRX Build Thread

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #221 on: November 13, 2019, 02:32:13 pm »
This looks very familiar - where is its new home? Apologies if I didn't look far enough back in the thread.

Kelowna

Offline thedude

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2002 Toyota Tundra
« Reply #222 on: November 13, 2019, 02:57:01 pm »
Kelowna

I'll keep my eyes peeled! I'm almost certain I've seen it around.
2008 Aprilia Shiver 750 - Sold 10/02/2017
2013 SWP Subaru WRX Hatchback - Sold 01/04/2022

thedude's 2013 WRX Build Thread

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #223 on: November 13, 2019, 03:02:30 pm »
I'll keep my eyes peeled! I'm almost certain I've seen it around.

I seen that my old truck is also for sale in Central Kootenay right now on facebook market place. Someone should buy it!

Online LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #224 on: November 13, 2019, 03:02:59 pm »
I seen that my old truck is also for sale in Central Kootenay right now on facebook market place. Someone should buy it!

I want to, but I was warned that the frame has a lot of rust.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.