Author Topic: tperkins' Evo 3, 6, 7 (and 5 RIP) (and Starion RIP)  (Read 33107 times)

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
Re: tperkins' Evo 6 (and 5 RIP) (and 3)
« Reply #475 on: May 29, 2020, 02:10:57 pm »
Yeah, evo 4 gsr that was super rad, and evo 4 rs that was super rad, and now re-sprayed his TME, rad GN guy who traded that 4rs for an r32 GTR. Same same.

"wrenchrampage" on instagram.

uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 1999 Pajero, 1999 Evo VI, 1995 Evo III
The 3 is raw.  Lighter than more agile.  The 6 probably feels like a 747.  And by that contrast, my STI probably feels like the Hindenburg.  So GR's are like the International Space Station.

Offline diamondedge

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • stir fryin' noobs
  • Ride: 2007 WRX, 2008 spec.B
« Reply #477 on: May 29, 2020, 02:40:51 pm »
Yeah, evo 4 gsr that was super rad, and evo 4 rs that was super rad, and now re-sprayed his TME, rad GN guy who traded that 4rs for an r32 GTR. Same same.

"wrenchrampage" on instagram.

Translated for old man jonny

"Yes, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4 GSR model that was really splendid, and a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4 RS that was also delightful, and now with a repainted Mitsubishi Tommi Makkinen Edition - this interesting man owns a Buick Grand National, who traded that Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4 RS for a Nissan Skyline R32 GTR"

"Likewise"

lmfao
That was way difficult

^Click^
sig by shpixx x diamondedge

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #478 on: May 29, 2020, 02:50:25 pm »
Translated for old man jonny

"Yes, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4 GSR model that was really splendid, and a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4 RS that was also delightful, and now with a repainted Mitsubishi Tommi Makkinen Edition - this interesting man owns a Buick Grand National, who traded that Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4 RS for a Nissan Skyline R32 GTR"

"Likewise"

lmfao
That was way difficult

It made perfect sense to me lol.

He has also had 3 Grand National's since I've known him, 3 evo 4's, a prelude, an STi, an Evo X. He used to have a Dodge Neon running 30 lbs of boost, lived in Japan for a while. Truly an interesting man.
The 3 is raw.  Lighter than more agile.  The 6 probably feels like a 747.  And by that contrast, my STI probably feels like the Hindenburg.  So GR's are like the International Space Station.

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #479 on: June 01, 2020, 09:02:00 am »
Kind of boring not having a car to work on.. better knock out some jobs on the Pajero and 6 car.

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #480 on: June 04, 2020, 01:36:59 pm »
Things finally arrive. Racefab evo 1-3 rear brembo adaptors.

Also my Amayama order. And not the original two orders I was waiting for, one I placed 10 days ago that passed the originals.

Offline carguyjon

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 04 WRX Wagon; M3
« Reply #481 on: June 05, 2020, 03:57:19 pm »
Look at the length of that thumb. Carguyjon would be envious. Actually, it also makes my Dutch thumb look like a genetic aberration, but less so than Germanic Jon's.

Damn. That's a niiiiiiiiice thumb. O0

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #482 on: June 08, 2020, 11:09:36 am »

First glimpse of front fenders fitted.

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 Lexus IS350
« Reply #483 on: June 08, 2020, 11:19:43 am »
HKS/Trust/Apexi hood struts when?

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #484 on: June 08, 2020, 11:31:56 am »
HKS/Trust/Apexi hood struts when?

You making fun of my stick bro?

I did tell him it was in the wrong spot haha.

That said, I was worried about the stress the hood struts may place on the fiberglass front fenders and was waiting for them to be installed to re-assess. Personally the PVC hood prop doesn't bother me lol.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
« Reply #485 on: June 08, 2020, 04:11:12 pm »
I thought it was a shower curtain rod.  See if tankbuster still has his carbonfibre stick.

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #486 on: June 09, 2020, 04:16:14 pm »
I thought it was a shower curtain rod.  See if tankbuster still has his carbonfibre stick.

I don't understand the hate for my PVC stick

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
« Reply #487 on: June 09, 2020, 09:27:11 pm »
I don't understand the hate for my PVC stick

No no, there's nothing wrong with.  For example, lookie here.  This is my PVC stick. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My PVC stick is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #488 on: June 12, 2020, 10:13:05 am »

This evo 3 just went through auction. Grade 4, 24,000 km, sold for 3,160,000 yen. Approximately 50,300$ CAD customs cleared.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
« Reply #489 on: June 12, 2020, 10:46:54 am »
Americans are crazy

Offline STI 2NV

• Vendor
  • Beards Comin in Nice
  • Car Enthusiast, Unenthusiastic.
    • Teknique Auto Innovations
  • Ride: 1995 Nissan Skyline GTR, 2012 Audi S4 6MT, 2012 Subaru STI Hatch, 2004 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe
« Reply #490 on: June 12, 2020, 11:24:12 am »
This makes me smile everytime it happens to GTR's too,

I wish I had a tonne of money and space that I could sit on JDM Gold for a decade.
Teknique Auto Innovations
780-980-3006
#103 7611 Sparrow Drive
Leduc Alberta
Tekniqueman on VinWiki and Instagram

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 Lexus IS350
« Reply #491 on: June 12, 2020, 11:29:49 am »
I wish I had bought a golden era jdm before the Americans molotoved the market. I knew the prices would go up but I never figured to this degree. Rip ever owning a mkiv supra or skyline GTR.

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #492 on: June 12, 2020, 11:30:51 am »
This makes me smile everytime it happens to GTR's too,

I wish I had a tonne of money and space that I could sit on JDM Gold for a decade.

Oh it causes me stress as much as it makes me happy. I have been accumulating evo parts for years waiting for the doomsday of US buyers haha. R32 Skyline guys as you likely well know are paying like 2k+ for stock seats right now lol.

I wish I had bought a golden era jdm before the Americans molotoved the market. I knew the prices would go up but I never figured to this degree. Rip ever owning a mkiv supra or skyline GTR.

Every semi car person out there that tells me they would probably buy a skyline, at this point I just smile and nod.

Offline STI 2NV

• Vendor
  • Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 1995 Nissan Skyline GTR, 2012 Audi S4 6MT, 2012 Subaru STI Hatch, 2004 Pontiac Sunfire Coupe
« Reply #493 on: June 12, 2020, 11:38:51 am »
Every semi car person out there that tells me they would probably buy a skyline, at this point I just smile and nod.

This makes me giggle now that GTST and other turbo non gtr models are floating over the $20K mark.

Buying gtr parts is wonderful though, I have owned very few cars with the massive support this car has.

I want another evo so bad.
780-980-3006
#103 7611 Sparrow Drive
Leduc Alberta

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #494 on: June 12, 2020, 11:47:45 am »
This makes me giggle now that GTST and other turbo non gtr models are floating over the $20K mark.

Buying gtr parts is wonderful though, I have owned very few cars with the massive support this car has.

I want another evo so bad.

Do you get that as well? Like anyone that I meet that knows a little more than nothing and sees my car is RHD tells me they would maybe possibly like a skyline someday, and its always a skyline. I don't know where the circuitry connects my evos to a skyline... but always its a skyline. I blame Paul Walker lol.

I mean, sorry guys trigger warning. I really don't care to own an MKIV Supra. Maybe back when they were 12-15k Maybe today if I found a mint one in a garage for 20k I would buy it haha. I don't know why, maybe because I had a bad experience where I hyped those cars up so much.. then actually was in one and was disappoint. When I see them for 70-130k I am just like nah, never.

But the r32 GTR is a car I feel I really missed on. I wish I had got one when they were 10-15k.

Pick up a 5/6 before prices rise even more. My 6 has likely nearly doubled in car price if it went through auction again today in Japan speculating based on what similar condition ones go for at auction.

Offline STI 2NV

• Vendor
  • Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #495 on: June 12, 2020, 12:04:20 pm »
IMO my R33 GTR is a great sub $20,000 car. Seeing them float over $40/$50K canadian makes me feel good about money I'm spending on it not going down the drain but still. I was very lucky to get mine, I never would have paid the current going rate for one.

I have a lot of opinions about MK4 supras and R34 GTR prices, My business partner has a 35,000km canadian Mk4 T04Z single turbo here in Edmonton which he would do very well to sell on, he wont, but he could.

I had an 05 VIII MR i got from Florida back in 2008 which I partial regret selling, but it was part of my down payment for my house which I guess is better. I would love to grab a IX before they get savagely crazy. I think the oldest I would want would be a Six.

780-980-3006
#103 7611 Sparrow Drive
Leduc Alberta

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #496 on: June 12, 2020, 12:11:16 pm »
IMO my R33 GTR is a great sub $20,000 car. Seeing them float over $40/$50K canadian makes me feel good about money I'm spending on it not going down the drain but still. I was very lucky to get mine, I never would have paid the current going rate for one.

I have a lot of opinions about MK4 supras and R34 GTR prices, My business partner has a 35,000km canadian Mk4 T04Z single turbo here in Edmonton which he would do very well to sell on, he wont, but he could.

I had an 05 VIII MR i got from Florida back in 2008 which I partial regret selling, but it was part of my down payment for my house which I guess is better. I would love to grab a IX before they get savagely crazy. I think the oldest I would want would be a Six.

I think you got like a dream come true type situation with your R33, it is so great.

I would like to get a 9 as well, then have 3, 6, 9 haha

Offline STI 2NV

• Vendor
  • Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #497 on: June 12, 2020, 01:01:35 pm »
I would like to get a 9 as well, then have 3, 6, 9 haha

Damn she fine.

I'll see myself out.
780-980-3006
#103 7611 Sparrow Drive
Leduc Alberta

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #498 on: June 12, 2020, 01:09:52 pm »
Damn she fine.

I'll see myself out.

These posts are welcome in this thread.

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #499 on: June 16, 2020, 09:19:46 am »
Paint is coming along. Painty bro has full time job, kids etc. So, will take some more time.

Fenders painted, they look great. The match is decent, fitment on the fibreglass fenders is to be expected not perfect. Split the gaps everywhere and it looks good enough.. better than what was there.

As I got this car from a guy who bought it from auction in the US as export only, due to being imported illegally to the states 5-6 years ago I am suspecting that it came in separate containers then was assembled here then sat and didn't move for years in a garage. It would explain a lot, like doors being out of wack, fasteners missing everywhere, weird random tools stuck places, paint pen "evo 3" writing on everything blah blah.

The doors were almost 1/8" out of alignment, the drivers door was catching on the front fender, and that fender was missing the fastener at the bottom. The door was definitely contacting the front fender, so might have bent the door out. The mould might not have been perfect on the fender as well, etc. The front crash support, rear, all the panels, nothing has been hit / bent / repaired, that is all original... it is also possible that the manufacturing process just wasn't as precise in 1995 and likely is a combination of many things, largely just fibreglass doing what fiberglass do. As well as using the stock front bumper, which pulls in the corners of the fender as the Truth bumper is supposed to be used but I don't like it as much as stock evo 3 bumper.

Gaps as good as they will be, match looks great for the doors (makes sense as the mix was done scanning the fuel door and using the paint code), not as good for the bumper but still good enough. Lip turned out great.

Polishing the paint and then using a glossy ceramic coat I think will help the match also. Maybe 10secdream will just go pick up the car for me and detail it :P

This also shows the length of the pull in the rear. That rear lip is the stock arch peeled outwards and really breaks my heart. Really that is the reason the car isn't just going back to stock for a while.