Author Topic: GranTurismo  (Read 3273 times)

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Light a man a fire,  you keep him warm for a night.  Light a man on fire,  you keep him warm the rest of his life.
GranTurismo
« on: October 11, 2017, 09:29:45 am »
After much delay it is now one week away!!  Who's excited?

Do I sense a winter racing league coming on?

Can I make a post with more questions?

Stay tuned to find out.... or will you?

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 Lexus IS350
Re: GranTurismo
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 09:53:32 am »
I was excited, then I saw the car and track list. Now I'm not. Still have to try the demo, but hopes aren't high.

Offline Asstuna

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Danger zone
  • Ride: 19 Fiesta ST, 17 Ram
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 10:31:39 am »
Edit the header to "Gran Turismo Sport". I've been playing GT for over a decade

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Light a man a fire,  you keep him warm for a night.  Light a man on fire,  you keep him warm the rest of his life.
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 11:16:28 am »
I was excited, then I saw the car and track list. Now I'm not. Still have to try the demo, but hopes aren't high.

I'm excited for the level of detail put into the game.  Of course the car list is a little less,  and the track list a bit slim,  but I expect that there will be other downloadable content.

Edit the header to "Gran Turismo Sport". I've been playing GT for over a decade

No.   ;D

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2015 Audi S4 6MT
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 02:45:57 pm »
I'm excited for the level of detail put into the game.  Of course the car list is a little less,  and the track list a bit slim,  but I expect that there will be other downloadable content.

No.   ;D

This is what's become wrong with video games. Sell half a game for $80, then spend nearly that, if not more on all the DLC.

As for Gran Turismo, I haven't played it since GT4, around the time I discovered Forza.

Does Gran Turismo have damage yet?

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 03:54:26 pm »
This is what's become wrong with video games. Sell half a game for $80, then spend nearly that, if not more on all the DLC.

As for Gran Turismo, I haven't played it since GT4, around the time I discovered Forza.

Is it less upsetting to you that much of the DLC for GT6 was free?  In a way it keeps the game fresh and gives it legs.

I'm not sure if there is damage in GT Sport.  Likely the answer is no though.

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 04:29:18 pm »
Is it less upsetting to you that much of the DLC for GT6 was free?  In a way it keeps the game fresh and gives it legs.

I'm not sure if there is damage in GT Sport.  Likely the answer is no though.

If it's free, then I retract my statement. It's rare to be free with any game I play.

Yeah, the damage thing really ruins it for me unfortunately.

I was at the store the other day and saw there was a Project Cars 2. Know nothing about it though.

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
  • Ride: Generic SUV
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 05:06:04 pm »
Just checked out the car list for this game. What a major disappointment.

Out of 167 total cars: five EVO X Final editions, five 2014 WRXs, five 2015 Mustang GTs, a bunch of ittshay made up concept cars (as always), no current Ferraris, and one rally car from 1987 with nothing for it to compete against. You make a big deal about finally getting that sweet, sweet Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG license but only have one 911 road car, no 918, no Boxster, and only 4 cars total. Your biggest manufacturer is Peugeot with 11 cars, and 5 of them are a 2015 RCZ which is a bloated fwd style coupe.

Just.... WTF, Kazunori San?

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-sport-car-list/
https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-sport-track-list/

Apparently some. https://www.gtplanet.net/a-look-at-the-visual-damage-in-gt-sport/
Is illmotion's sunday school where you learn about how Stance Jesus scraped for your sins?
Roxanne - 2015 WRX Ginger - 1990 Civic Si
Avatar courtesy of Wong Photography

Offline RedndWhite

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Classing up the Joint since 2018
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 05:30:20 pm »
When I first heard that Gran Turismo Sport was coming out, definitely on the hype train.

But that car list is just pitiful. Especially after GT6 where there are 1200 or so cars to chose from! Again, there's lots of duplicates of vehicles like Miata or RX7, but there was damn near everything else there too. Like Volvo 88 GL245, or a classic vw bug, or just about anything that SSS wants in his garage.
Photos and Stuff

Al-Tessa;
Beat'm'up
Life is too short to be stock and drive boring cars.

Offline WAGOWN

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: Ver. 7 STi Sport Wagon
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 08:44:07 am »
When I first heard that Gran Turismo Sport was coming out, definitely on the hype train.

But that car list is just pitiful. Especially after GT6 where there are 1200 or so cars to chose from! Again, there's lots of duplicates of vehicles like Miata or RX7, but there was damn near everything else there too. Like Volvo 88 GL245, or a classic vw bug, or just about anything that SSS wants in his garage.

Yeah but most of them were copy/pasted from earlier games. Are these cars all newly designed with new physics and even more realistic sounds, etc?

I bet more and more get released, probably free.

I’ll admit I sure dont get excited like I used to. I remember buying a PS3 cuz GT5 was gonna come out and then that prologue BS happened.
02 WRX, 97 OBS, 03 WRX, 98 OBS, 97 JDM Leg, 97 s/tb, 03 OBS, JDM V7 STi Wagon

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 09:38:53 am »
I remember buying a PS3 cuz GT5 was gonna come out and then that prologue BS happened.
I'm getting a lot of similar vibes that GT sport is more like prologue 2.

Offline WAGOWN

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2017, 10:14:25 am »
I dont really blame them for taking on less cars and tracks if it means more realism/better gaming. Lots of these games are really too much. I don’t understand why there’s 3-5 slight variations of the same year of cars though. The list of 150 cars really feels like a list of like 25.

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2017, 10:41:57 am »
I dont really blame them for taking on less cars and tracks if it means more realism/better gaming. Lots of these games are really too much. I don’t understand why there’s 3-5 slight variations of the same year of cars though. The list of 150 cars really feels like a list of like 25.

This. I'm all for whittling the list down if it gives better cars. The last one I had, on PS3 GT6 maybe, had a ton of cars that were just copy pasted in and looked like itshay, versus the ones you knew that were designed specifically for the game.

But as WAGOWN says, this list of 160 feels much smaller when you remove all the variations of the same cars.
Is illmotion's sunday school where you learn about how Stance Jesus scraped for your sins?

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2017, 01:18:13 pm »
Especially considering the time they've had when you compare it to Forza, or even smaller companies like Project Cars.

Also playing the demo now, pretty buggy considering we're a week away from release. Also am I being completely retarded or did they entirely kill off performance parts? Because I can't find it anywhere other than the usual tuning modifications for suspension, allignment, etc etc. Also they introduced this BS sub currency called "mileage points" that you now need to buy some cars, paints, and wheels. And NO wheels are unlocked by default. This SCREAMS micro transaction bait. Its looking more and more like a hard no for me to buy.

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2017, 09:37:14 am »
Dammit.  Downloaded the Demo last week and haven't been home enough to even watch the intro video.  Now the game is out and I can't play the Demo.

So,  anyone.  What are your first thoughts on it?

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2017, 10:47:52 am »
Is this supposed to be the "Prologue" version to GT7?

Offline Rad_Racer

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2013 Lexus IS-F
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2017, 11:53:24 am »
Dammit.  Downloaded the Demo last week and haven't been home enough to even watch the intro video.  Now the game is out and I can't play the Demo.

So,  anyone.  What are your first thoughts on it?

Ok, so I played the beta. Then I played the demo, and last night I downloaded the game (but could only play the same stuff as on the demo because it hadn't finished downloading the content).

Also I should mention that I spent a few weeks prior to this release playing Project CARS 2.

Visually, looks fantastic even if you're on a regular PS4 instead of a PS4 Pro. The sound seems better that previous GT's. The car selection, as others mentioned, is extremely underwhelming. EXTREMELY.

The tire modeling seems improved over previous GT releases. They seem a bit more realistic. Otherwise, the dynamics don't seem much different to me. As with previous GT releases, you get the right car behavior, but it still feels a bit too... easy... and like.. heavily damped? If that makes sense? Maybe that would change if I was using a wheel & pedals instead of controller. But, especially compared to pCARS2, the steering feels super heavy and slow in GT, and it just seems like you can get away with a LOT of mistakes compared to more realistic simulators. This isn't entirely bad -- project cars can be infuriating at times, when you spend literally hours trying to tune a car setup, while in GT the car setup is practically irrelevant. Additionally, it makes it a lot easier for people like my wife to join in and play. She likes driving games, but doesn't want to be bogged down with setup stuff that she doesn't understand (or care to understand).

I only did a few online races in the beta release, and while it was still possible for people to be total sholeasays (like PIT maneuvering you on the last corner of the last lap when you're leading the race), in general it seemed improved over previous games, where it was just a bit better balanced overall.

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2017, 12:01:15 pm »
How'd you like it compared to pCARS2? As in, if you could only have 1. I've never played pCARS, but read some reviews on the second one and they really liked it.

Offline Rad_Racer

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2017, 08:21:11 pm »
Hmmm if I could only have one? Hard to say.
GT is more "fun" as in it's easier to get into or just play a quick game. Project cars is a sim. You just plug away to progress, but it's all very realistic.

Offline Rad_Racer

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2017, 11:20:16 am »
Another update.

So, last night my wife decided to try out GT Sport. So she logs onto our (only) PS4 and selects her User Profile. GT is locked. Project CARS is locked. Every game is locked. They all work on mine. We spent well over an hour trying to resolve the issue. Eventually we got it working. I had to activate the system as my primary PS4. ...despite only having one, never having logged into another one, and having activated it as my primary ps4 2 or 3 times before.

So basically, Sony's licensing is uckfaying gong show.

We finally get into the game. It asks if she wants to import her data from the demo, including game settings, money, mileage, cars. Of course, she selects yes. ...but all it kept was her mileage and a couple of her crappiest cars. She goes to start the licensing and it didn't save that either, so she has to start all over again (I did too). Then she's like "Ok, so... how do I start a career...?" "OH. Ummm... you don't. Or.. you do, but it's online." "Online? WTF? They took away single player career?" "...yes..." "That is the only part of the game I cared about. uckfay this game." I tend to agree, actually. I mean, I did a couple online races last night and it's cool and all.. but like.. you have to find a race, then wait for the matching to start, then wait for the race to start, then you can't pause it if you need to...  There's actually a LOT of value in a good single player experience, and not having it is extremely detrimental for a lot of people.

Bottom line: If you are on the fence about GT Sport, maybe just hold off for a while. See how some updates improve things, maybe they release a bunch of free DLC, maybe they add a 1P career mode... 

Offline WAGOWN

• Patchy Faced
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2017, 01:10:28 am »
Thanks for that, you just saved me $100. That’s a bigger slap in the face than Prologue

Offline JimmEh

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2017, 03:29:42 am »
Only online career? I'm out.
Johnny <3 Cam

Offline Jimpreza111

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2017, 09:43:36 am »
I still enjoy playing my PS3 and GT6.
Have a wheel and pedal setup on my home made stand with a "racing seat" office chair ;)
Using my headphones actually really helps get into the game.

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2017, 09:58:04 am »
Another update.

So, last night my wife decided to try out GT Sport. So she logs onto our (only) PS4 and selects her User Profile. GT is locked. Project CARS is locked. Every game is locked. They all work on mine. We spent well over an hour trying to resolve the issue. Eventually we got it working. I had to activate the system as my primary PS4. ...despite only having one, never having logged into another one, and having activated it as my primary ps4 2 or 3 times before.

So basically, Sony's licensing is uckfaying gong show.

We finally get into the game. It asks if she wants to import her data from the demo, including game settings, money, mileage, cars. Of course, she selects yes. ...but all it kept was her mileage and a couple of her crappiest cars. She goes to start the licensing and it didn't save that either, so she has to start all over again (I did too). Then she's like "Ok, so... how do I start a career...?" "OH. Ummm... you don't. Or.. you do, but it's online." "Online? WTF? They took away single player career?" "...yes..." "That is the only part of the game I cared about. uckfay this game." I tend to agree, actually. I mean, I did a couple online races last night and it's cool and all.. but like.. you have to find a race, then wait for the matching to start, then wait for the race to start, then you can't pause it if you need to...  There's actually a LOT of value in a good single player experience, and not having it is extremely detrimental for a lot of people.

Bottom line: If you are on the fence about GT Sport, maybe just hold off for a while. See how some updates improve things, maybe they release a bunch of free DLC, maybe they add a 1P career mode...

Wait, a racing game like this took out offline career mode? LMFAO WTF, what a joke. I remember feeling really burned back in the day when I bought prologue, but this would be worse. Just go get a cheap XB1 on kijiji and Forza 6. Find it cheap and you're good to go. Unless pCars 2 is adequate of course.

Offline Rad_Racer

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2017, 12:08:38 pm »
Yeah, the single player/offline game consists of Arcade mode (time trials, races against AI, drift trials), and "career" which includes licensing, challenges, and circuit learning. That's it.

Last night I tried to give the online play another chance, but there are only 3 "daily races" and 2 of the tracks were ittshay and the one good one wasn't running at that time. I went to the online championship, and no races were open/running at that time. I went to some manufacturer cup series...and no races were open/running at that time.  What a joke.