Author Topic: GranTurismo  (Read 3272 times)

Offline Tenacious_B

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Rage Monkey
  • Ride: 2016 Escape Failtanium
Re: GranTurismo
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2017, 02:16:08 pm »
Man every game is just trying to be Destiny, I like destiny, but I want my GT to be GT.

Not even slightly interested in this game.
I used to drive Subaru's.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2017, 02:20:44 pm »
Man every game is just trying to be Destiny, I like destiny, but I want my GT to be GT.

Not even slightly interested in this game.

You mean every game is trying to be any MMO ever, with daily/weekly quests? Something that's been in place since ~2007, if not earlier?
You mean a company is trying to foster constant engagement with new challenges so that it's player base doesn't get bored too fast, without needing to pump out near-constant DLC?

How terrible.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline Tenacious_B

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Rage Monkey
  • Ride: 2016 Escape Failtanium
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2017, 03:04:31 pm »
You mean every game is trying to be any MMO ever, with daily/weekly quests? Something that's been in place since ~2007, if not earlier?
You mean a company is trying to foster constant engagement with new challenges so that it's player base doesn't get bored too fast, without needing to pump out near-constant DLC?

How terrible.

It's terrible if its to the detriment to offline / single player.  At least in this type of game.

One review I watched mentioned that you can't even save progress if you aren't connected to PSN.... that kinda blows.
I used to drive Subaru's.

Offline WAGOWN

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: Ver. 7 STi Sport Wagon
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2017, 04:29:39 pm »
I bought DIRT 4 instead.
02 WRX, 97 OBS, 03 WRX, 98 OBS, 97 JDM Leg, 97 s/tb, 03 OBS, JDM V7 STi Wagon

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Light a man a fire,  you keep him warm for a night.  Light a man on fire,  you keep him warm the rest of his life.
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2018, 01:00:25 pm »
Update time. 

Good to see some new cars and a few variants on a new track.  Keep them coming...

https://wccftech.com/new-gran-turismo-sport-update-1-13/

Offline Canuckrz

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 Lexus IS350
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2018, 02:12:08 pm »
Starting to show some potential. I just don't get given how long their development cycles are that this sort of stuff has to be trickled in after launch. I'm glad to see the majority of new cars added aren't one off race cars as well. Is there still no ability to modify vehicle performance?

Offline Rad_Racer

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2013 Lexus IS-F
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2018, 03:35:52 pm »
I like a couple of the new cars (Formula car and Isle of Man STI), but some of the other selections seem like strange additions. A VW bus? Seriously? No one's going to take that racing. Meanwhile, the game is still missing notable cars like Honda S2000, Lexus LFA, McLaren P1, Porsche 918.

The online-only thing still pisses me off too. They added single player, which is growing with every update, but it won't save progress if you're not connected to the GT network. You can't even access the dealerships if you're not connected to their network. A couple of weeks ago, I was in the middle of an endurance race - I think it was the 30 lap Porsche Cup @ Suzuka. Didn't have time to do it all at once, so I put my PS4 to sleep. Resumed the race a couple days later, finished it.... and found out that an update had come out and so I was no longer connected to the network. Lost my progress. Fuuuuuuuuu

Offline Gargoyle

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: soul crushingly stock 2010 WRX
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2018, 08:36:33 am »
there is car tuning and whatnot, but because the online races are so strict there almost isn't a point in doing it, from what i remember, i haven't played it that much

there are still regular unsanctioned online races which is probably the only place for that, and the only thing that's almost the same as gt6

i'd be up for playing some sanctioned or unsanctioned online races if anyone here is interested

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: Light a man a fire,  you keep him warm for a night.  Light a man on fire,  you keep him warm the rest of his life.
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2018, 10:40:31 am »
Thus far I'm only at level 17 and haven't unlocked the Professional circuits.  I'm trying to meet my daily achievement whenever I get to play... which is only once a week really.  I haven't even played an online race yet.

Is there the option of opening a room that people from WSC can enter and race like a time trial and set fastest times to be compared to others regardless if others are online? Maybe a stupid question,  but it would make a championship here easy. Open a room,  set a time,  the room tracks the top times....  That would be awesome.   

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2018, 11:09:47 am »
Double post...  because...  uckfay it.  It's my thread.

I'm adding in PSN's here specific to Gran Turismo players so if we get a room  :o We don't have to invite every person we've ever had on PSN to find the three of us playing.

Jackal-44

Offline Gargoyle

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2018, 12:00:45 pm »
that is certainly a good idea, not sure if that exists though, i know if you are friends on psn then it will tell you how you rank in things like the license test etc.

feel free to add me gargoyle_26, i haven't played in a while, but having someone to play against would give me a good reason to play again

Offline Rad_Racer

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2018, 01:02:37 pm »
Mine is xwray1  8)

Right now I only have 2 friends with GT so it'd be nice to have more friends times to compete against when completing the mission challenges and stuff. Working on the last gold now.

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2018, 01:15:55 pm »
Mine is xwray1  8)

Right now I only have 2 friends with GT so it'd be nice to have more friends times to compete against when completing the mission challenges and stuff. Working on the last gold now.

that is certainly a good idea, not sure if that exists though, i know if you are friends on psn then it will tell you how you rank in things like the license test etc.

feel free to add me gargoyle_26, i haven't played in a while, but having someone to play against would give me a good reason to play again

Requests sent.

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2018, 10:55:40 am »
It seems to me that if I leave a room open and the players choose practice,  we can have an online account like the previous WSC Championship.  Is anyone able to confirm before I get home and try this after the 9-5?

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/manual/#!/onlinerace/lounge

Offline Gargoyle

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2018, 11:45:45 am »
don't you need at least one person in it at all times for it to stay open? i don't know how the wsc championship was handled, i sadly missed out on that

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2018, 12:35:01 pm »
don't you need at least one person in it at all times for it to stay open? i don't know how the wsc championship was handled, i sadly missed out on that

If that's the case, having a wheel that never disconnects and leaving the PS4 on, should allow me to keep the room open when I'm not online. it doesn't resolve keeping it open while i'm doing my daily achievements.

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2018, 07:48:52 pm »
Trying out my first room now. It’s set to private so you have to be one of my friends. Name of the room is Jackal-44, same as my user name.

Offline Gargoyle

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2018, 08:40:04 am »
i'll see if i can be online tonight, i have to arrange it with the gf since we only have a 1 bedroom, we're moving at the end of the month to a bigger place so hopefully that means i'll have more time to game

Offline jackal

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2018, 10:09:27 am »

Turns out you are correct. 

Offline JimmEh

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2018, 05:43:21 pm »
Is anyone still playing ft sport? I finally got a g29 to trollface the g27. I'm behind the times.
Johnny <3 Cam

Offline Rad_Racer

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2018, 09:55:37 am »
I've been playing it again lately. Kinda nice to come back to it after so much new content has been added. Still waiting for my ISF to be added, but they've definitely added several other notables like the Ferrari F50, McLaren P1 GTR, DeTomaso Pantera, Greddy S2000 (I think?). Quite a few new tracks too!