Author Topic: Weatherproof matts for JDM wrx?  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Reid183

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2001 Bugeye STI 2000.5 Bugeye WRX
Weatherproof matts for JDM wrx?
« on: October 08, 2017, 07:16:33 pm »
Hey guys, wasn't really sure if I am supposed to post this here or in the where/ want to buy thread so i'll just leave it here until someone tells me i'm either right or wrong.

Well, any ways, I recently got myself an imported 2000 wrx (GDA Chassis) and am starting to winterize it as winter is fastly approaching. One thing I was looking for as to not mess up my clean carpeted floor mats and the rest of my interior was some Weathertech (or any other brand) solid floor mats. One thing I quickly noticed when looking into it was that at least for the GD chassis, I have yet to find a single set for sale that would fit with the pedal set of a RHD vehicle. Do any of you guys have suggestions of where to look or a different brand recommendation that specifically makes RHD weatherproof floor mats?

Thanks, Reid.

Offline DWS

• Stubbly Faced
  • 1994 JDM WRX
  • Ride: 94 JDM WRX
Re: Weatherproof mats for JDM wrx?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 01:21:01 pm »
Best I can tell you is  "Good Luck".

I haven't been able to find a set that will fit properly in the last 3 yrs of DD'ing my JDM WRX.

I have even looked at importing a RHD set from the UK, and have asked a number of vendors from the Ebay UK site if they would ship to Canada.  None that I found wanted to be bothered.

I just make sure to clean and vacuum out the gravel a few times over the winter and so far the carpets have held up quite well.

Doug

Offline WAGOWN

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: Ver. 7 STi Sport Wagon
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 10:35:52 am »
The cut to shape weather tech mats they sell at Crappy Tire aren’t the worst.
02 WRX, 97 OBS, 03 WRX, 98 OBS, 97 JDM Leg, 97 s/tb, 03 OBS, JDM V7 STi Wagon

Offline koalorka

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: STi Version II
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 07:37:48 pm »
Why not order from the UK? Shipping's a astardbay, but it will keep the brine off.

Offline Markkenko

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 1998 Version 5 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type R V-Limited
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 08:27:29 pm »
I had previously just purchased some universal winter mats that cut to shape from CT, and they worked perfectly. Simply take your time cutting them to fit the car, and you can't really go wrong.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/michelin-floor-car-mat-set-4-pc-0312085p.html#srp

Offline Thatbeauty

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 1995 wrx Sti "555", 2001 bugeye sti (sold), 1998 outback, 1993 WRX
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 08:20:40 pm »
Canadian tire has their mats in sale right now if you want to go that route. $24.99

Offline DWS

• Stubbly Faced
  • 1994 JDM WRX
  • Ride: 94 JDM WRX
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 08:19:33 am »
Went to CT and bought a set of All-Weather mats that you can cut to fit 90% of all vehicles...

They didn't work.  Laid the carpet mat over top to see how it would be cut and there isn't enough material to accommodate RHD layout.

I still think if we could find a vendor in the UK who would ship to Canada, this would be the best approach.

Heck, next trip to Europe I may buy a couple sets and ship them back myself.

Doug