Author Topic: COLD start difficulties  (Read 853 times)

Offline darthekai

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • I CANT STOP POOPING
    • My Webpage
  • Ride: 2002 toyota tacoma 4dr (RTT crowdsourced with NFTs)
COLD start difficulties
« on: February 09, 2018, 08:45:13 am »
question for the experts:

how high should I set the bottom end of my ECT vs target idle speed? Is it bad to set it too high because it might cause the engine to work too hard when cold?
I'm dumping a ton of fuel pre-crank. what is the point of this? It seems to me that it would vanish in a couple rotations anyways and since im set up to crank for 3.0s at -40C, what are the chances this is doing exactly uckfay all?
My tip-in enrichment cold multiplier is maxed out and I still get dips to 15-16.5 when shifting and cold, is this potentially because pooling effect caused by my phenolic intake spacer?

My car catches then lugs then dies when REALLY cold (like this morning) and I have to start it again. My philosophy has in the past been to add cranking pulsewidh till it catches then add cold start enrichment till it stays alive.  it doesnt seem to be working in this case and it seems like I've got WAY too much cold start enrichment (and after it starts the second time it runs like 10 arf), is it possible I need to set up my stepper motor base position at cold temps to be a little higher to get more air in there?
What man put together, man can rend asunder and then also put it together sometimes what's all this left over stuff
Subaru(sold) Ford (sold) Toyota

Phr00t

Re: COLD start difficulties
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 12:46:46 pm »