Author Topic: Options for Ej20g maf, gone bad.  (Read 1140 times)

Offline 1ofakind

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 93 JDM WRX
Options for Ej20g maf, gone bad.
« on: February 12, 2018, 08:06:22 pm »
Hey guys, I think I finally figured out what's wrong with my car. Gettingn code 23/24 on my car snd my maf is dead since I then barely drives now. Has anyone ordered one from rockauto? I Put the part number in the search bar and it pulls up some cheap options with the same part number.

Need one asap so if you guys have experience with them ley me know

Offline EvanCL93

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 96' STi - 87' Rx7 FC3S TII - 01' Legacy Wagon
Re: Options for Ej20g maf, gone bad.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 12:17:45 am »
ej20g mafs are notorious for having the solder break off under the cover on top of the MAF. You can try scraping away the silicon around its edges and peeling back the cover and taking a look to see if you can see any connections with the solder broken off. If not I have a few for sale you can PM me about if you like.

Offline 1ofakind

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 93 JDM WRX
Re: Options for Ej20g maf, gone bad.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 07:00:21 pm »
ej20g mafs are notorious for having the solder break off under the cover on top of the MAF. You can try scraping away the silicon around its edges and peeling back the cover and taking a look to see if you can see any connections with the solder broken off. If not I have a few for sale you can PM me about if you like.

Thanks for the offer! I actually got one from pick and pull, its from a 98 legacy and worked great. Apparently the 97 legacys had the same maf. So if anyone is wondering those ones will work as my car now runs a million times better