Author Topic: Ej20g power steering pump options  (Read 908 times)

Offline 1ofakind

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 93 JDM WRX
Ej20g power steering pump options
« on: February 15, 2018, 07:09:05 pm »
Hi all, I thought I'd let everyone know who's looking for power steering pumps for the old Ej20g. My old pump was whining and leaking like crazy. I was thinking ignore rebuilding it but I ended up trying a cheap one from an auto wrecker. It was 30$ and was from an 02 Impreza. The pump was a little different shape so I got the bracket the pump mounts to as well with the belt tensioner. So I took my old pump off and the old bracket. I swapped the fittings from the high pressure line side on the pump, threaded it in the 02 pump. Took the resovoir off the old pump and bolted it to the top of the 02 one with a new o ring, had no issue there. The 02 pump had an external resovoir and a hose coming off the top of the pump to rhe resovoir. Just remove it and bolt the 20g res on top. Everything else was a direct fit.

Just thought I'd share this as i kept reading it couldn't be done without re doing the lines. I utilized my old lines no problem. Sorry I never took any pictures I was in a hurry and needed a pump asap. Now I have a pump that's easily replaceable and easy to find, no more leaks and it doesn't make a sound!

I'm pretty sure you could make any of the Subaru pumps work as long as you have the old fittings and resovoir, or run an external resovoir if you like.

Cheers guys!