Author Topic: WSC Sylvan Lake 2018 Charity BBQ, Edmonton & Calgary - Saturday July 7, 2018  (Read 7398 times)

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
  • Ride: 2016 CWP WRX
Update June-20-18: I have two awesome things to giveaway at our BBQ! First being a $25 Giftcard to AutoObessed (Edmonton) It can be used in-store and online! Second being an Audew mobile air pump! (It's this one here http://a.co/5CEA9B4). My plan will be to RAFFLE off these items at the BBQ event! So for each $5.00 donation we collect, you will be entered (1) time and receive a ticket! During the afternoon we will have someone draw two tickets from a hat to chose the winners! I would like to donate the funds raised to the Alberta Children's Hospital on behalf of WSC. You can read all the information here on the website: http://www.childrenshospital.ab.ca/site/PageNavigator/howtohelp/donate_landing

You can bring cash or e-transfer me directly at meets prior to the event OR at the event directly. Please e-transfer with me in person so I can give you your number ticket right away.

Date: SATURDAY JULY 7, 2018
Edmonton and Calgary Cruise Meet-Up: 9:00am
Edmonton and Calgary Cruise DEPARTURE: 9:30am
Edmonton & Calgary MEET in Red Deer: 11:00am
Edmonton & Calgary DEPART from Red Deer to Sylvan: 11:15am

This is a pot-luck style BBQ event! Please bring (1) item to contribute to the table of food! Burgers, buns, soda, water, chips, and other snacks, etc. are all good!!
Also bring folding lawn chairs! If you have any footballs/ frisbees/ games etc. bring those too!

Please comment within this thread if you can provide any of the above!

Please read the below details carefully. There will be planned cruise(s) departing from both Edmonton and Calgary the morning of the BBQ. There will be a pre-meet at determined locations, following a planned strictly speed-limit only cruise to Red Deer. From Red Deer we will depart to Sylvan Lake. We actually managed to mostly find parking in the main lot last year, there was lots of open space still by noon that day!

The Sylvan Lake BBQ Meetup (Final Location):
This is the destination where we will be cruising out to. Parking may NOT be "together."  There is street-parking and lot-parking along this entire area. Parking should not be an issue as long as people are patient.
Find parking and then come hangout for the BBQ! There is a large open green space in the area I've shown with many picnic benches, trash cans, and there are public washrooms a bit further down. The beach is also ofcourse right here. There was discussion in our other thread about not wanting to make this a "hard-parked" show n shine style event where we stand around in a mall parking lot under the beaming sun. Therefor; the effort I'm making is for this to be a fun "family-friendly" afternoon hanging out in the nice weather, enjoying some BBQ foods & drinks, and talking about Subi's or cars in general with friends who share the same interest! Expected arrival time from the cruises is early afternoon.

https://goo.gl/maps/HrtVXhe74TR2

Sylvan Parking & Direction

Open Space/ Field/ Picnic area

The Calgary Cruise to Red Deer:
****Do arrive with a full tank of gas. We will not be stopping for gas.****

We will be meeting at 9:00am in Calgary for the cruise up to Red Deer where we will then join up and cruise together with the Edmonton group. Departure time from the location will be 9:30am.

Location: 19 Street NE, off Airport Trail NE.  See direct link and image below.
https://goo.gl/maps/gHuKkPxTSdP2

Roll-Out from Calgary

Calgary Meet Location

Following the route detailed within the above map link, we will then meet up with Edmonton group in the outskirts of Red Deer near 75 Ave, and Queens Dr. by 11:00am.
If you live in Red Deer, or are coming from elsewhere - You can meet both groups up at the below location by 11:00am to join in.
Red Deer Meetup Location: https://goo.gl/maps/4YxnWgULwkP2
*** This is slightly different from last years planning but this is the SAME SPOT WE ENDED UP AT LAST YEAR ***

The Edmonton Cruise to Red Deer:
****Do arrive with a full tank of gas. We will not be stopping for gas.****

We will be meeting at 9:00am in Edmonton for the cruise up to Red Deer where we will then join up and cruise together with the Calgary group. Departure time from the location will be 9:30am.

Location: Gateway Park Road SW.  See direct link and image below.
https://goo.gl/maps/gqwrVeeQqzq

Roll-Out from Edmonton

Edmonton Meet Location

Following the route detailed within the above map link, we will then meet up with Calgary group in the outskirts of Red Deer near 75 Ave, and Queens Dr. by 11:00am.
If you live in Red Deer, or are coming from elsewhere - You can meet both groups up at the below location by 11:00am to join in.
Red Deer Meetup Location: https://goo.gl/maps/4YxnWgULwkP2
*** This is slightly different from last years planning but this is the SAME SPOT WE ENDED UP AT LAST YEAR ***

The Edmonton + Calgary Cruise from Red Deer to Sylvan Lake:
https://goo.gl/maps/cLqARoucpTE2

We will be promptly departing from Red Deer's meeting location to cruise a short 10 minute drive over to Sylvan Lake Via Westbound on 11A.
As mentioned above, parking will not be coordinated so please find parking wherever is available. We will then meetup at the green-space/ field/ beach/ picnic area for our BBQ!

Red Deer location to Sylvan Lake

The meeting point in Sylvan Lake
https://goo.gl/maps/HrtVXhe74TR2

Last years event was awesome! The weather was great and we all walked down for ice cream in the afternoon. Let's make this another great one! Looking forward to seeing everyone there!!

DSC_0795-2 by Devstur, on Flickr

Last Years Pictures: http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=54457.msg668465#msg668465

Offline Markkas

• Vendor
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2000 Version VI Subaru WRX RA
Hopefully I can make it this year!

If I have a new car, I will drive. If not, i'll ask to hitch a ride with someone and grab a bunch of photos  O0

Offline AA2001

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2006 STI
I'll be able to make it this year! I'll bring some hotdogs and buns!

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
Hopefully I can make it this year!

If I have a new car, I will drive. If not, i'll ask to hitch a ride with someone and grab a bunch of photos  O0
I'll be able to make it this year! I'll bring some hotdogs and buns!

Awesome guys! :D

Offline DaDuke99

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • For the Swarm!
  • Ride: 13 DGM STI, 03 Forester 2.5X, 01 Forester S, 92 Justy
Unless it's the first option, I'll be out of the country. That being said... It's unlikely I'll be in town for that either

Offline SlowLGT

• beards comin in nice
  • Your typical Asian driver
  • Ride: W164 BT, 02 C5Z06 Wasp
As long as I'm not sent away for work, I will be there.

Offline StreetsTheWay

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: -2007 WRX STi - 2002 WRX Wagon -
I'm in!
No conflicts in days, and I'll bring something snacky to share.

Offline RedndWhite

• Vendor
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Classing up the Joint since 2018
I see a cameo from the GBC civic in there 😂

It started the adventure... It did not finish it.

If I'm not working, I'll be here.
Al-Tessa;
Beat'm'up
Life is too short to be stock and drive boring cars.

Offline thedude

• beards comin in nice
  • Ride: 2013 SWP WRX Hatchback
It started the adventure... It did not finish it.

But at least it had a hood.

Not sure if I will make it this year, but if I do I will need to bum a ride with somebody from Calgary!
2008 Aprilia Shiver 750 - Sold 10/02/2017

thedude's 2013 WRX Build Thread

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
But at least it had a hood.
Not sure if I will make it this year, but if I do I will need to bum a ride with somebody from Calgary!

The Poll is looking good for the Stampede date!!! :D Ride with me and film stuff with my camera, and shoot rollers I'll tell you the settings to use haha

Offline Jimpreza111

• beards comin in nice
I would love to attend, missed last year but will plan around the date that ends up getting selected for this one.

Online milkpumba

• Patchy Faced
  • Hakuna matata
  • Ride: 2017 ISM WRX
If I'm not working on the date that is decided on. I should be able to make it!
I occasionally stream games on Twitch

Offline StreetsTheWay

• Stubbly Faced
-1 on the July 7th vote. I can't un-vote now, haha
Have a wedding to go to that day in Edmonton. ANY other weekend totally works though  :D

Offline Real

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: '08 WRX STI
Voted but I can make any date chosen as well!

Should I bring a few extra bags of Spicy Cheetos lol  ;D

Offline Canuckrz

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 06 Lexus IS350
Should I bring a few extra bags of Spicy Cheetos lol  ;D

Thieving sumbitchez

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx

Online RedBimmer93

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
Would prefer if it wasn't July 7. Thats when my dad's birthday is. Any other date should be fine. (I voted for the following weekend)

Online RedBimmer93

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
Would prefer if it wasn't July 7. Thats when my dad's birthday is. Any other date should be fine. (I voted for the following weekend)

So my damn friend went ahead and planned his birthday camping trip for july 13-15, which is what I voted for, and I can't change my vote 😑
(His birthday is June 20th, So i thought he would plan his birthday weekend closer to that time lol)

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
So my damn friend went ahead and planned his birthday camping trip for july 13-15, which is what I voted for, and I can't change my vote 😑
(His birthday is June 20th, So i thought he would plan his birthday weekend closer to that time lol)

The system doesn't allow me to modify the poll settings, to allow vote changes unfortunately.

What date do you want? You mentioned not July 7 and now not July 14 so just let me know which of the other options and I can just keep the number in mind when I look at the votes and the top date is chosen.

It's looking like July 7 is going to most likely be the date. I think a lot of people don't vote and still show up anyways whatever day it is.

Online RedBimmer93

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
July 8 or any other date would work. I will play it by ear and see what happens.

Offline StreetsTheWay

• Stubbly Faced
July 8 or any other date would work. I will play it by ear and see what happens.

Same same. July 8th sounds good. I originally voted for the 7th but can't take it back now so the poll looks a more biased than it actually is.

Offline kijho

• WSC Moderator
  • rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ninja
    • Shpixx
Should we want to reset the Poll?  Cuz if that's 2 people then it comes to 8 - 4 between the Sat. vs Sun.  The Sat. still wins at this moment though.

Offline DaDuke99

• rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • For the Swarm!
  • Ride: 13 DGM STI, 03 Forester 2.5X, 01 Forester S, 92 Justy
If you do reset the poll, throw in a mid June option.. It's the only way I'll make it  ;)

Offline Bowserific

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2004 WRX
Voted June 30th because I have the family cabin booked that weekend. Last year I just did a creeper walk by but this year I could potentially come for the cruise out to Sylvan as well.