Author Topic: Dirt 4  (Read 795 times)

Offline rallyman_03

• Vendor
  • Stubbly Faced
  • Professional Lotus Alignment Sitter
  • Ride: 2017 STI, 2007 Subaru WRX (Written Off)
Dirt 4
« on: March 01, 2018, 06:07:48 pm »
Currently on sale on steam for $20.00. I picked it up just to see how it is rallying in my 2017 STI. Anybody already have this?

Offline StreetsTheWay

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2020 Tacoma TRD Offroad || 2007 WRX STi || 2002 WRX Wagon
Re: Dirt 4
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 07:14:32 pm »
Yup!
On Xbox though - haven't made it very far yet. I've been working on getting the racing simulator set up with PC lately (Assetto Corsa & F1 2017 so far)
Just waiting for parts to arrive to build myself a hydro e-brake for rally & drift.

Another good site is G2A for Steam game keys. Basically you just go to 'games' tab and click 'activate a product on steam' and paste in the key code that you pay for.
I ended up getting F1 2017 for ~$20 CAD last week, and there are a ton of other games keys you can get and activate for cheap. Regular price on steam is $66. 

Offline rallyman_03

• Vendor
  • Stubbly Faced
  • Professional Lotus Alignment Sitter
  • Ride: 2017 STI, 2007 Subaru WRX (Written Off)
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 10:20:41 am »
Just waiting for parts to arrive to build myself a hydro e-brake for rally & drift.

Care to share some info on the e-brake, I would love one!

Offline StreetsTheWay

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2020 Tacoma TRD Offroad || 2007 WRX STi || 2002 WRX Wagon
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 01:29:47 pm »
Care to share some info on the e-brake, I would love one!

For sure! It will be a bit of a take of Amstudio's video below. He has a full parts list with links in the description. I searched up some similar parts closer to Canada to get free shipping or minimize shipping cost.

The build fundamentally will be the same but since I chose a different e-brake and don't know anyone with a 3D printer, I'll fab up my own little take on Amstudio's build to make it work with a new potentiometer location and different type of contact linkage. Check out his other videos, they're fantastic! I didn't realize you could do so much so easily with sim racing gear. I haven't looked into what it would take to modify a G27 + DIY hand brake to be cross compatible with XBox 360, XboxOne, PS3, PS4, and PC.
Eventually I'll figure out a cheap way to simulate an actual hydraulic system by using a cheap adjustable shock absorber for fluid restriction on lever pull and return, but the spring return as shown in the video should be just fine I'd imagine.

I bought the Obutto Ozone + Logitech G27 from BuzSTid on the forum for $400 with intentions of building a few new mounts and upgrading to a Fanatec set up eventually... but we'll see. The G27 works fine as it is, but I can only use it for PC Sim racing since it won't communicate with the Xbox One or PS4. Not a big deal though.

Also, I've never done anything like this so I have no idea what I'm talking about.