Author Topic: 2000 jdm bugeye sti right side not working  (Read 1485 times)

Offline WRBSTI

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2009 wrx sti hatch
2000 jdm bugeye sti right side not working
« on: March 14, 2018, 09:00:59 am »
My brother has a 2000 sti GDB and recently on a trip to Banff his whole right side speakers stopped working entirely. Do you think this might be wiring related or something else? Any ideas would be appreciated. The head unit is some weird jdm one that the original owner installed in japan if that makes any difference.

Offline diamondedge

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • stir fryin' noobs
  • Ride: 2007 WRX, 2008 spec.B
Re: 2000 jdm bugeye sti right side not working
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 09:24:54 am »
My brother has a 2000 sti GDB and recently on a trip to Banff his whole right side speakers stopped working entirely. Do you think this might be wiring related or something else? Any ideas would be appreciated. The head unit is some weird jdm one that the original owner installed in japan if that makes any difference.

Sounds dumb but is the balancer/fader setting turned over all the way left? Otherwise, could be wiring. Pulling the door card isn't very difficult on GD's so you can do that too once you rule that out...

^Click^
sig by shpixx x diamondedge

Offline WRBSTI

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: 2009 wrx sti hatch
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 11:03:04 am »
Sounds dumb but is the balancer/fader setting turned over all the way left? Otherwise, could be wiring. Pulling the door card isn't very difficult on GD's so you can do that too once you rule that out...
I thought about the fader too but that was not it, He was not listening to loud music so they shouldn't be blown. we will look closer at the wiring.

Offline Markkenko

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 1998 Version 5 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type R V-Limited
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 11:38:03 am »
Very likely just a wiring issue. If you check behind the door cards and all still looks well, I would check right behind the headunit itself. It is very possible that one of the wires was just taped or has come loose causing the right side to lose sound.

Offline RedBimmer93

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2008 Legacy Spec B, and Two Mopar gas guzzlers
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 10:41:12 am »
Does the car have an aftermarket headunit? If so i'm absolutely willing to believe its an issue with the wiring behind the headunit