Author Topic: Looking for info on GTB key fobs/remotes  (Read 1002 times)

Offline Seal

• Baby Faced
  • Ride: 1999 Legacy GTB
Looking for info on GTB key fobs/remotes
« on: April 05, 2018, 02:02:30 pm »
Just looking for any info someone may have on the remotes for these cars. I have the two button remote with the built in key blade, but being the smart person I am I let it go through the wash in the pocket of my pants. Low and behold I'm now out a remote on my car  :(

I found the programming instructions on another forum, and thankfully it doesn't seem like the original key is required to program a new one, however, I would have to find a new one first.

Does anyone know where you can find one? Stock, aftermarket, I don't really care either way. Just one that would interface with the car.

** EDIT **
I figure I should at least mention that the car in question is a 1999 RHD Legacy GTB

Offline JDMMAN

• Patchy Faced
Re: Looking for info on GTB key fobs/remotes
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 11:35:54 pm »
Check to see which "brain" you have.  If it's an Alpine unit like the ones used in N/A at the time, you maybe able to get away with using the FOBs from here to program.  I don't believe they had the RFID in the key's in Japan at the time to sync with the ignition.

Offline Seal

• Baby Faced
  • Ride: 1999 Legacy GTB
Re: Looking for info on GTB key fobs/remotes
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 09:43:39 am »
The brains sadly aren't the same, and thank god for that. I was looking at getting a new one since I was sure I destroyed it by putting it through the washing machine. Turns out it just discharged the battery.

Thank god for little victories.