Author Topic: The s2k replacement; Coop's 07 350Z Grand Touring  (Read 2126 times)

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 2015 Audi S4 6MT
The s2k replacement; Coop's 07 350Z Grand Touring
« on: April 16, 2018, 11:10:44 am »
Hey everyone,

As many may have seen from some of my posts, I sold my s2000 back in late February. Loved the car, but the market for them had gone up making it hard for me to justify a $25k summer toy. I decided the "adult" thing to do was sell it, buy something a bit cheaper and pocket some cash to furnish our new house (if our townhouse sells that is).

I always keep an eye out on kijiji, even when I'm not shopping for anything. I had a handful of cars I was looking at, but there haven't been any great deals lately. I was looking at Z4 3.0 and 3.0Si's, 335i, E46 M3 (really wanted one of these), another s2k, Boxster S, 135i, Mazdaspeed Miata, and 350Z's. There had been one or two decent options listed since my car sold, but nothing that got me really excited.

I saw an ad pop up in Vancouver, really liked it but it was priced fair, and a bit out of my price range so I didn't bother inquiring. A few days later, I get a response to my wanted ad. Sent me a link to his FS ad, turned out to be that car. Mentioned it was nice, but I was in Calgary. Turns out, he was moving back to Edmonton. Well damn, then said it was out of budget. He asked what I was looking to spend, I told him what my ceiling was, turns out that was his floor and we agreed. Between me going on vacation and him moving. we had to wait a few weeks and I was hoping someone wouldn't reach out and offer him a bit more. Thankfully he was honest to his word and met me in Red Deer on Saturday and I drove it home.

It's a 2007 Nissan 350Z Grand Touring. Newer top, newer leather, fully maintained, double DIN screen already installed, and 2 sets of wheels. Being the top trim, it's got all the goodies including Brembos, which I really wanted but had accepted I likely wouldn't find due to my price range. It's also the first year for the HR engine, which was a huge plus. Love the colour too. I've only driven it a few 100 kms, already put it into storage till the weather clears up. Can't wait to bring it out.

On to the pics:

Quite different than an s2k, but I think I'm going to really like it. The cash in my pocket is nice too.

Thanks for checking it out!

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
Re: The s2k replacement; Coop's 07 350Z Grand Touring
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 11:21:01 am »
The extra power would be nice too.  All in all, it was a pretty smart move, although the fanboy in me will say you were wrong in selling the S2k  ;)  Congrats, the body looks to be in great condition but some curb rash on the wheels.  Pretty good for an 11 year old car!  Now you're an all Nissan family!

Any plans for it? 
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 02:05:26 pm »
Yeah, actually having torque felt so strange lol. Reving to 9k was fun and all, but redline on this is 7.5k so meh. And it pulls, a lot harder! I am gonna miss the s2k though, didn't "want" to sell it, but I thought this was the smart choice. I was a bit worried after I sold it since there wasn't much on the market and nothing that really appealed to me, but it worked out great in the end. With everything he'd done to it and owning it for 2 years, I have a feeling he lost a decent amount on it haha.

All Nissan, hell same engine and platform too lol. Body is in really good shape for the year. A bit of paint has come off the top of the splat behind the front driver wheel, but that's really the only imperfection. The wheels do have a decent amount of rash though. I'm already looking for other ones on kijiji. Debating on refinishing these ones and getting them powder coated, or buying some if something worthwhile goes on Kijiji.

As for plans, probably nothing crazy if I'm being honest. New/refinished wheels, exhaust, probably an intake, then ripping out the rest of the Bose and putting in good speakers and a real sub. The Pioneer double DIN he put in is really nice, integrated with the wheel controls and has spotify, and a bunch of features. Only downside is can't see the screen for itshay when the top is down lol. Also want a front lip, 3M the front bumper (hood and fenders are done, not sure why it was left out), and possibly tint. Unsure on the tint though since the colour already stand out. If I also get an exhaust, I'll be drawing a lot of attention to myself, tint might not help lol.

Offline Rad_Racer

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2013 Lexus IS-F
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 10:55:44 am »
Loved the car, but the market for them had gone up making it hard for me to justify a $25k summer toy.

This hurt to read. lol

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 11:20:47 am »
* LilDrunkenSmurf looks at his garage.

I don't want to talk about it.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline Jimpreza111

• Beards Comin in Nice
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 11:36:30 am »
Nice purchase!
I have had my eye on the 370z's lately with the Nismo package.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 12:37:09 pm »
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 10:59:31 pm »
This hurt to read. lol

Lol. Well if I'm being totally honesty, I had invested quite a bit into it between clutch, wheels and tires, stereo, intake and exhaust. Probably broke even at the end of the day, but you don't usually get your money back so no complaints.

Offline pingman222

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: slow
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 08:22:58 am »
nice pickup, i like the color choice too.  as a former S2K owner i sold in a similar situation to you: growing family, couldn't justify a garage queen summer toy.  it still hurts to this day when i see some clean s2000's in the summer though, i'll always have a soft spot for that car  :(

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 09:02:00 am »
nice pickup, i like the color choice too.  as a former S2K owner i sold in a similar situation to you: growing family, couldn't justify a garage queen summer toy.  it still hurts to this day when i see some clean s2000's in the summer though, i'll always have a soft spot for that car  :(

I totally understand why many s2k owners have owned multiple, due to missing after they've sold it. I feel the same way, but I think this will make me happy enough and the extra cash makes the wife happy. Although she was hesitant on me selling it too haha. Thanks for the comment, I really love the colour myself. It'll be a bit bright for many people, but since lime green and orange are my favorite colours, I'm a fan.

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 09:14:35 am »
My wife told me I'm never allowed to sell mine. Which is hilarious considering when I was planning on buying it, she was hesitant, as she thought she would hate being in a convertible.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline diamondedge

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • stir fryin' noobs
  • Ride: 2007 WRX, 2008 spec.B
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 01:35:57 pm »
My wife told me I'm never allowed to sell mine. Which is hilarious considering when I was planning on buying it, she was hesitant, as she thought she would hate being in a convertible.

The only convertible I've ever had the pleasure of being driven in - an S2000. 2SOONJR.

SIGH.

So if you sell it Jory, suh.

Coop, what do you plan on replacing the speakers with? is the factory system not skookum enough?

^Click^
sig by shpixx x diamondedge

Offline Claw

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05LGT | [s]06S2k[/s]
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2018, 01:58:14 pm »
Contemplating selling my 06 GPW S though I know if I do I'll never get another car quite like it.

$25k is a fair chunk of change though that I could definitely use when I look into buying a house again.
They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Offline pingman222

• Stubbly Faced
  • Ride: slow
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2018, 02:36:33 pm »
Contemplating selling my 06 GPW S though I know if I do I'll never get another car quite like it.

$25k is a fair chunk of change though that I could definitely use when I look into buying a house again.

let me know if selling......

Offline 10secdream

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
    • ReflectiveAutoDetailing
  • Ride: 2022 Toyota GR86, 2007 Lexus GX470
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2018, 02:56:11 pm »
WSC Vultures are real.
2003 Mazda Miata
2015 WRX Build
2004 Forester XT Build

“When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer.”

Offline coop3422

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2018, 04:21:34 pm »

My fiancee was telling me I didn't have, she knew I loved it and didn't "want" to sell it. After I sold it, she told me how sad she was, she loved it as much as I did lol. I'm sure she'll enjoy the Z though.

Coop, what do you plan on replacing the speakers with? is the factory system not skookum enough?

Haven't looked into gear yet. Had Infiniti Kappas int he s2k and really liked them. Always like Hertz. It already has a really nice HU so I'm hoping to keep it at or under $700 for components, a 4ch amp, a shallow mount sub, box and wiring. The stock Bose system is very meh from what I heard coming back from Red Deer. Not awful, but the system I had in my s2k was fantastic, so I'd like to upgrade this one at least to make it good.

Depending on mileage, I would say you could likely get more. That's what I had my 03 listed for, and I didn't sell it for a lot less.

WSC Vultures are real.

True story lol.