Author Topic: Calgary Zoo  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Claw

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 05LGT | [s]06S2k[/s]
Calgary Zoo
« on: July 27, 2018, 03:51:57 pm »
Planning on heading down to Calgary next weekend to take the little humanoid to the zoo to see the pandas and penguins.

Pre-buying tickets online for the Panda Passage is crazy - $25/child and $35/adult.  Are there discounts that anyone can speak of?  AMA has 20% off admission but I don't know if you can use it online..

What else is there to do that a 4yo may find enjoyable?  Plan on hitting up Village Ice Cream and Made by Marcus to satisfy our sweet tooth cravings..Noodle King in Airdrie for their awesome satay pho.

Thanks..
They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
Re: Calgary Zoo
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 03:52:57 pm »
Not sure about deals, but what about the Telus spark?
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.

Offline Claw

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 04:00:25 pm »
Yep, that would be awesome too.  I was thinking Telus World of Science just west of downtown, but she didn't find it all too exciting about 2 years ago when she was 2.. when everything should be exciting.
They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Offline Mason

• Beards Comin in Nice
  • Ride: 2 feet and a heart beat
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 04:44:05 pm »
We have never bought tickets to the panada passage (visited twice) and had no issues getting in to see them. It was not crazy busy tho

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 09:01:06 pm »
We have never bought tickets to the panada passage (visited twice) and had no issues getting in to see them. It was not crazy busy tho

Yeah, don't pre-purchase. You can walk into the panda exhibit.
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline Claw

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 09:10:33 am »
Walked into the Panda exhibit around 10:30am, all 3 pandas were awake.  Kid really enjoyed it.

She loved the rest of the zoo too.. especially the lemurs.  One woman was peed on from above as she was standing under the overhead ropes.  Kid thought that was especially funny.

Telus Spark was great.. albeit they schedule their shows stupidly so they overlap.  We watched the pyrotechnic show, which overran into the start time of the Panda show in the dome, so we missed that.  Kiddo wasn't very happy about that.