Author Topic: God of War  (Read 706 times)

Offline RedndWhite

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Classing up the Joint since 2018
God of War
« on: May 06, 2018, 11:39:28 pm »
First off, 10/10, what a game. If you have a PS4 and free time, I highly recommend picking this up and giving it a play through.

I played the second and third installments of God of War, which was more of a rapid action type game and you slew hordes of monsters, villains, and - wait for it - gods. In the old games, there was a story, of mostly revenge. There was lots of side quests, loot and treasure to find to make you overpowered, but I didn't really do that, cause I found they didn't add to the story. But those were the older games.

In the latest game, it's Kratos coming to terms with being a father and accepting his past. The new addition to the story was told in a way that enthralled and sucked me in like very few games have done, (Horizon Zero Dawn being the most recent). I beat the main storyline about a week ago, but have been playing it almost every day just to delve deeper into the lore. While also finding collectibles. The world is vast and beautiful, even on the 1080 tv. I'm sure with a PS4 pro and a 4K tv it would be phenomenal. There have been so many times where I'm aimlessly wandering around just to learn about the world (based in Norse Mythology), and just to take in the sights.

As for game play, it's still a hack and slash, but it's not really the main focus. Sure, there are quick time events and some battles you gotta have timing and rhythm down, and some parts are I've spent days trying to sort out, but it's rewarding. There are some games that endlessly torture you (dark souls... looking at you), but if you don't want to go that route, you don't need to.

I'm gonna go back to playing it, it's so darn good.
Photos and Stuff

Al-Tessa;
Beat'm'up
Life is too short to be stock and drive boring cars.

Offline Rathburn

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Pork chop sandwiches
  • Ride: Generic SUV
Re: God of War
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 09:47:46 am »
I can't recommend anyone to play this game. They stole my likeness and are using it without my permission.
Is illmotion's sunday school where you learn about how Stance Jesus scraped for your sins?
Roxanne - 2015 WRX Ginger - 1990 Civic Si
Avatar courtesy of Wong Photography

Offline LilDrunkenSmurf

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • This is why I can't own nice things..
  • Ride: hopefully doesn't trigger ekai
Re: God of War
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 03:52:59 pm »
I really want to pick up a PS4 and play this game. I've played through most of the series on the older playstations. I'll likely treat myself to one when all my travel is done.
If the sea was vodka, and I was a duck.
I would swim to the bottom, and drink my way up.
But the sea isn't vodka, and I'm not a duck.
So give me the vodka, and stfu.
If you're having forum problems, I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but your post ain't one.