Author Topic: Travelling for Work - How to eat healthy on a budget?  (Read 2404 times)

Offline mudferret

• Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: MMVI WRX
Re: Travelling for Work - How to eat healthy on a budget?
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2018, 10:38:01 am »
Not sure if this is helpful or not, but my current favourite cheap snack is rice cakes smeared with peanut butter. You could top with banana if that tickles your fancy.

PB is great on Triscuits or Wasa bread too!

Offline drewfuspx

• Vendor
  • Patchy Faced
  • "Is it supposed to sound like that?"
  • Ride: 2010 Legacy 3.6R Ltd w/ M
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2018, 04:29:51 pm »
The only thing I've found that seems to be helping is every Subway now offers any 6 inch as a salad. So a Sweet onion chicken teriyaki with double meat as a salad is about 250 categories and won't leave you feeling way overfull or like anus plus you can get them to load it up with the spinach, cucumber, tomatoes, green peppers, etc.   I find each Subway a little different but I haven't had one that I've hated.

Don't make the meatball sub a salad... it's not right...
I broke it.  Just like how I'm going to break you

a piece of bread for dinner.  Want to come over? 

Offline Ead

• Patchy Faced
  • Ride: 2018 WRX Sport CVT (CBS)
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2018, 05:14:37 pm »
The only thing I've found that seems to be helping is every Subway now offers any 6 inch as a salad. So a Sweet onion chicken teriyaki with double meat as a salad is about 250 categories and won't leave you feeling way overfull or like anus plus you can get them to load it up with the spinach, cucumber, tomatoes, green peppers, etc.   I find each Subway a little different but I haven't had one that I've hated.

Don't make the meatball sub a salad... it's not right...

Please remind me never to go dining with you...  ;D

just kidding
Because... hoodscoop.  :P

Offline Markkenko

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 1998 Version 5 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type R V-Limited
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2018, 12:02:31 pm »
I don't know how healthy it really is, but Viet Sub is a pretty solid place. Really reasonable prices. I usually hop in there at least once when i'm in Vancouver. Not too far from where you're staying either, so maybe it's worth checking out?

Offline Zaider

• WSC Supporter
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • <shifty eyes>
  • Ride: Oh look at the kitty!
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2018, 09:48:32 pm »
Please try out Kadoya Sushi on Davie and Burrard. Also, Momo Sushi down near the waterfront. BC Sushi in Kits is just a quick bus ride away. None of these are super cheap - but they're not expensive by any means.

Kadoya has my favourite spicy salmon roll of all time. 

Also - if you find time to go for brunch, Cafe Medina would be my favourite spot.

Also Also - Tacofino.

Also Also Also - my sister lives in Vancouver and is quite the foodie. She recommends: Nuba, Finches, Bao Down, Bestie, Virtuous Pie, Birds & the Beets, Legendary Noodle.
Go home Subaru. You're drunk.
Quote from: seat safety switch
audis are disposable suicide machines with 700lb of stupid interior itshay glued to them and 200 more horsepower than it needs so that their owners can never bring on track or drive anywhere more aggressively than a camry except when weaving in and out of traffic and letting the traction control soak up their incompetence