Author Topic: Tokyo or Japan suggestions  (Read 3389 times)

Offline Markkenko

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 1998 Version 5 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type R V-Limited
Re: Tokyo or Japan suggestions
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2019, 02:59:21 pm »
Wow, it looks stunning!

Of all the cars you can choose from and someone chooses what looks to be a stock Evo, seems like a waste haha.

The dude had no idea how to drive either... I started 2nd in our group behind the GTR, and then at our first stop I asked to go last so he would stop riding my assay or doing stupid accelerations at dumb times. After that I always gave myself tons of space and absolutely loved seeing the FD in front of me.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2019, 10:50:12 pm »
Of all the cars you can choose from and someone chooses what looks to be a stock Evo, seems like a waste haha.

Yeah, what's up with that?  Name and shame
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube

Offline tperkins

• Inarguably bearded
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 1999 Pajero, 1999 Evo VI, 1995 Evo III
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2019, 09:34:36 am »
Officially back and responding properly to mountain time again.

Everything I did was fantastic, and of my main highlights was definitely the Fun2Drive tour. I cannot recommend it enough for anyone even remotely interested in cars. We had a squad of four cars on my tour (my NA1 NSX, an FD RX7, a lame-ish evo, and an R35), and we drove all of the famous initial D roads, some crazy touges, the Hakone skyline, and had incredible views on our stops overlooking Fuji-san. You really push it in these cars (despite your pace car driver telling you to go at your own comfortable pace), and it's honestly fantastic.

With a headset in one ear, you hear all of the rally-style commands like sharp right, medium left, hairpin right, etc. and if you're close enough behind him it quite literally is like having a rally co-driver. If you're a bit further back, it helps you visualize what is coming up in 5-10 seconds. Additionally, having them also call out things like "oncoming bus", or "oncoming motorcycle", really let you know when to ease off and then when to just floor it once again.

We were not allowed to record during our drive (although I did have my gopro in my mouth for around 35 minutes when we were a little further spread out), and i'll share that with people in person and not online. I do have a few pictures from that day, so i'll share them below:

My buddy went there and drove the hakosuka, super rad. He said the same thing, the co-driver or whatever was just like making him drive aggressively fast. They asked him what sort of cars to add to the lineup and he mentioned he had an old evo 4... like 3 weeks later they bought that red TME that they have. Your evo x person should have rented that!
The 3 is raw.  Lighter than more agile.  The 6 probably feels like a 747.  And by that contrast, my STI probably feels like the Hindenburg.  So GR's are like the International Space Station.

Offline Markkenko

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Ride: 1998 Version 5 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type R V-Limited
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2019, 11:37:27 am »
Yeah, what's up with that?  Name and shame

Guy from Toronto area. I think it was Mississauga maybe? Didn't know him beforehand, and he was one of the only few people that we didn't connect with afterwards. Just an all around odd fellow.

Offline jellynuts

• Vendor
  • Rivaling ZZ-TOP
  • Delay No More
  • Ride: 07 STI, 15 Odyssey
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2019, 10:38:51 pm »
Guy from Toronto area. I think it was Mississauga maybe? Didn't know him beforehand, and he was one of the only few people that we didn't connect with afterwards. Just an all around odd fellow.

All Ontario fellows are wack.  They're weirder than Edmonton people. 
uckfay, Johnny with the back-handed slap. You're clearly the Oracle.

Check out my work on:  Instagram  FaceBook  Flickr  YouTube